Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

I am starting a fund to raise money to buy Mr Marriner a new watch as surely his must be broken given the amount of extra time played today! Aside from that we should have scored in the 90 mins we had to win this outright. We don't deserve to win the league if we can't score goals in open play. Very frustrating afternoon!

Obviously no Ref likes to stop the game when a team is in the final third (unless you count Everton 3 on 1 against United at start of season when it was 10 seconds over the extra added minutes). However an additional 3 minutes is stretching it a bit... but again would this Ref ever blow the whistle if he were at the Nou Camp as Barca play 20 minutes at a time camped outside opposition box.

Alan and Atticus, don't expect a balanced 'chat' with Matt when it comes to United. I notice he hasn't been on here when we beat Chelsea to talk about the game but as soon as there's a bit of controversy with a United player he's in for the wind-up. Wait until his mucker Emerson turns up.

BR, well played by City on Saturday, they really played in the second half. Shame our defence decided to give you a helping hand. Still, it's all set up for blue tears when Stoke beat you and it's only taken 30 years and one of the richest men in the world to get you to an FA cup final. :))

Well done Stoke, as my second (well, actually 4th team) it was great to see them get to wembley; it will be some small succour after the 'ammers blowing it completely this weekend.

I'm off to the championship thread next season (which is much better behaved if alot quieter in all fairness).

Might be setting up a Div 1 thread with Palace after the horror show against Scunthorpe. Unbeaten for months at home and we lose to Scunthorpe who had lost 9 away on the run.

It's the away from that's killed us. A total of 0 away points on a Saturday all season! Our 7 points out of 63 away from home have all been midweek. Doncaster away (at least it's on Friday) then Leeds, Hull and Forest all going for the play offs. Will probably all come down to the last game.

after winning last nights player's player of the year award- Gareth Bale said, "....I am happy at Tottenham. I only recently signed a contract extension. Does that suggest I?m looking to leave the club?

?The thought has never crossed my mind, not at this stage of my career. I owe a great deal to the club and I firmly believe in loyalty.?

If only more young footballers showed this kind of maturity and love for the game rather than love of money- it might not be such an abhorrent game sometimes.

Mind you, that sort of statement is usually up there with chairman backing his manager to the hilt or the prime minister giving unqualified backing to a minister before the manager/minister decides he needs to spend more time with the family.

I'm guessing Bale will be wanting to spend more time in either Manchester, Madrid or Milan.

Is anybody else really looking forward to this FA Cup final?

Two massively trophy starved clubs who'll be really up for it, rather than the usual 'big' clubs sleepwalking through it with their minds on how they'll be spending their summer?

It might help kick the trend of dire yawnfests (with the obvious exception of *that* west ham final (sobs again)).

I for one can't wait, come on Stoke*!!

*sorry BR, but if it's any consolation I've petty much supported the losing team in roughly every final for the past 30 years**!!

**with the obvious exception of Milwall, where i was a neutral wanting neither team to win.