Grove vale made smaller

bob

well good if that is the case. at the moment the road narrowing appears to be both sides of the road at the entrance to oglander/coppleston. Usually traffic calming is a little more spaced out. My alarm is somewhat curtailed if it is a water/gas works thing

Welker could be headed for receiving end

Wes Welker has been on the receiving end of a lot of New England Patriots passes since being imported to New England in 2007 ? 432 to be exact, more time than anyone else in the NFL. But this autumn could mark his receiving end in Foxborough.

Welker Played games on patriots 5 years ago . $18.1 million deal he signed after the Patriots snagged him from the division rival Miami Dolphins and will carry a $2.15 million base salary.

After backing up the Brinks truck for Vince Wilfork, Tom Brady and most recently Logan Mankins, Welker is within his rights to ask when he gets his Patriot payday. Perhaps, something in the neighborhood of the six-year, $54.1 million deal Miles Austin got last September from the Dallas Cowboys.

According to a source close to Welker, there have not been any recent discussions with the Patriots about an extension.

Welker fits the mold of veteran players the New England Patriots have dipped deep into the Kraft family coffers for recently. He walks the straight and narrow of the Patriot Way, and is arguably the best at his position in the league.

Historically, the Patriots have not paid a premium for pass catchers. All Welker has to do is the ask the last guy who served as the security blanket for Brady, Deion Branch.

Branch, who is also in the last year of his contract and will make $2.2 million, had to be shipped to Seattle in 2006 to get his financial windfall. Chad Ochocinco and his Twitter account are locked up through 2013 with base salaries of $3 million in each of the next two seasons.

Yes, Randy Moss (remember him?) got $9 million per year from the Patriots over three years. But he was A) coming off arguably the greatest season any receiver had ever had in 2007 and B) took less straight cash, homie, than he was offered in Philadelphia to return to Fort Foxborough.

How you value Welker depends on how you view him.

Do you see him as one of the NFL?s most reliable and productive pass catchers over the last four years, a guy who could get open if he was double-covered in a coat closet, is willing to be a crash-test dummy to carve out first downs, and even on one good leg led the team in receptions with 86?

Or do you see him as a worn down, 30-year-old wide receiver who benefited from Moss blowing the top off the defense, is playing in a system that fits his abilities like a bespoke suit, and lost his ability to cut sharper than a Ginsu after he tore up his left knee on the Reliant Stadium turf in January of 2010?

Both descriptions have merit, which is why Welker?s contract saga promises to be fascinating and generate a lot of debate.

Welker knows what is at stake this season. This could be his last, best chance to cash in on his abilities.

Self-promotion is not Welker's game. His ability to beat defenders is matched by his inability to beat his own chest.

So, it was notable that he started tacitly building a case for a new deal when he said on Monday, ?this is the best I?ve felt in my career.?

Welker said:"I feel great. I feel like I've gained a step from two years ago,This is the best I've felt in a long time, and I just want to continue to play well and continue to get better and do the things that help the team win."

Bold words considering two years ago he caught 123 passes, the second-most in a single-season in NFL history.

If Welker?s yacking is honest then his YAC will tell the tale.

Generating yards after catch is a crucial part of Welker?s game. Since joining the Patriots, the average length in the air of the passes Welker has caught has been 4.6 yards, according to STATS, LLC. But his yards gained after reception is 5.9. He leads the NFL in yards after catch since '07 with 2,564. Next closest is 1,753 by Brandon Marshall.

If Welker plays the way he says he feels, someone will pay him. He just might have a receiving address other than Patriot Place.

Nfl women's jerseys

They've removed the large centre island at the pedestrian crossing and are building the road out slightly on each side so when it's finished there will basically be pretty much the same road width, ie one lane each side and a single crossing instead of the dog-leg double crossing. Can't really see what all the fuss is about.

trizza Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> StraferJack Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Yep. Absolutely. What if a lorry breaks down?

> I'll

> > bet those clever dicks at the council haven't

> > thought of that one!! Typical of them to

> implement

> > something on the roads that NOONE ELSE HAS DONE

> > ANYWHERE ELSE. EVER

> >

> > foxy, don't you think this isn't a first and

> that

> > There might be sound logical reasons behind

> this,

> > made by people who have studied traffic and

> road

> > safety for years? No?

>

>

> This is a little naive SJ. If you follow that

> reasoning you would never question anything the

> council or government does... The council does

> plenty of stupid things all the time that achieve

> little and cost a lot - for example, have you seen

> the country's shortest (and most pointless) cycle

> path on Forest Hill Road?

>

> The narrowing makes little sense to me and, as a

> cyclist, i'm not sure i'd fancy going through it

> at rush hour.

I've seen them.. See pics..

Southwark Council say it is so Cyclists can mount/dismount the pavement and use the nearby crossing.

For Fox Sake.

slefishe igorant care onwers get too muhc publishity and i fore one am sick of there incesant bleeting and whining and mobl ephone at teh whele useage looke if yuo don like it then i sugst yyuo go to somwhre whear the pertol is cheper an yuo can drive like a manic libya loks like a god option at teh minute lol

richardbach Wrote:

> slefishe igorant care onwers get too muhc

> publishity and i fore one am sick of there

> incesant bleeting and whining and mobl ephone at

> teh whele useage looke if yuo don like it then i

> sugst yyuo go to somwhre whear the pertol is

> cheper an yuo can drive like a manic libya loks

> like a god option at teh minute lol

Sorry Richard..

Has someone been moving your computer keyboard letters around..

Put railings up so people cannot dash across the road.. cheaper than changing the road width.

When the road is wider people are more likely to walk up to the nearest crossing.

Make it narrow, more people will risk it. Especially the kids.

Railings would stop this. Simple. do not need experts. Just Common sense.

If people leap over the railings then it's their fault. (before you ask.)

StraferJack Wrote:

> >

> oh dear God, my #1, pet hate on the streets -

> fekking railings penning me in

Tough..

Grove Vale... School... Little People.... Railings ..... Safe.... Narrow road... No dif from Wide road.

I'm assuming the traffic calming was for the school childrens safety.

If not.. we will have to make every road narrow..

DulwichFox Wrote:

> StraferJack Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > >

> > oh dear God, my #1, pet hate on the streets -

> > fekking railings penning me in

>

> Tough..

>

> Grove Vale... School... Little People.... Railings

> ..... Safe.... Narrow road... No dif from Wide

> road.

>

> I'm assuming the traffic calming was for the

> school childrens safety.

>

> If not.. we will have to make every road narrow..

I was under the impression that as well as narrowing the road there were going to be railings AND a 'raised' puffin crossing to further slow (calm) traffic. Is this not the case now?

maxxi Wrote:

> I was under the impression that as well as

> narrowing the road there were going to be railings

> AND a 'raised' puffin crossing to further slow

> (calm) traffic. Is this not the case now?

Yes thats right and a water trough, cattle grid, and one of those police stingers that puncture youre tyres.

PipD Wrote:

> 'Shared Space' is the future, vehicles and

> pedestrians in harmony!

Except the visually impaired.

RNIB and Guide Dogs have been campaigning against shared surfaces for a while, since they put forward new designs for the Exhibition Road area.