Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hi Ladies..just wondering if this group is still hanging out and whether you'd consider a newbie. Our first baby boy is due April 20th this year...very exciting.

I'm currently housebound with SPD but hopefully will be up and around soon and would love to meet some new ppl/mums to share the experience. Any new year meet dates would be great.!

Kelly

Hi ladies

I can make the 22nd and thanks Emma for organising, I've always had great food at the Mag. Should be able to make the 1st although I 've got a parents evening so will have to see what time I finish......

TENS machine- mentioned to some of you that I bought the boots labour TENS machine thinking I could use it for my SPD and labour but actually cant for SPD and now having another elective c-sec so would anyone like it for ?20? here is the link for it http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Maternity-TENS_21164/ not even been opened up!

Kelly - welcome to the group and congrats. I am also having severe SPD as are a couple of the other girls in the group. Hope you are getting lots of help. I had it in my last pregnancy and ended up in a wheelchair but this time have managed to control it thanks to a few things. Have a look at the pelvic partnership http://www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk/ for loads of advice and you can call them. The main thing for me this time is seeing my physio, Russell from Dulwich physio. I wish I had used him last time, he was recommended on here and is working miracles on me. Even my obstatrician is in shock about how well I am this time around. his no is 020 8693 9930. he just got me an amazing support belt called the serola which is really helping. do pm me though if i can be of anymore help as know how horrendous it is. I recovered straight away last time so remember it is just short term!

If anyone with toddlers fancies meeting up I am off weds- fridays and go to various playgroups. Love the new one at JAGS called cheeky cs on a friday and think it will be a good one to take 2 too!

see everyone soon

Jenny

Hello - I can make 22nd as well so will be lovely to see some of you again/ or meet more of you. All is well with me, though currently hunting down triple buggies on eBay which is making it all feel a bit too real. 1st is my bday so

hopefully will be being entertained by my husband that night!

Melissa

Hi ladies,

My baby boy (our first) is due on 3rd April and I have only just discovered the group; I hope I can still join? I'd love to come along on the 22nd and meet some other local mums-to-be.

From Rhian

(PS astounded to hear that there is already a Rhian in the group - not the commonest name in South London!)

Hi again

Great to hear so many newbies still up for joining. I got the 22nd date but where is the meet/time again?Not sure of where the Magnolia is? Hopefully ill be mobile enough to make it too.

Jenny..I have been following your thread and just called DMC to make an appointment with Russell so hoping he has same great effect on me as on you. Thanks for posting the recommendation though, I was getting so frustrated trying to find a physio just by looking online and then I came across this forum so bit of a life saver. I've got an appointment on Monday and cannot wait :) ps. id be interested in the TENs machine for labour was going to hire one anyway.

Look forward to meeting you all

Kel

would love to join on 22nd but am being dragged to cinema by friend to see Warhorse - as if pregnancy hormones weren't enough I don't need to sit through a sobfest about a boy's love affair with his pony!

Hopefully see some faces at next meet up, got 32 week scan tonight so hopefully all well

x

Hello all,

Unfortuantely I can't make the 22nd or the 1st. I've got a breasfeeding workshop at Dulwhich Hospital on the 8th of Feb and start the antenatal evening classed starting on the Feb 1st (hence the reason can't make the 1st!). Is anyone else doing these?

Hope to make it to another meet up soon as I really enjoyed meeting everyone at Franklins.

Rhian x

P.S Rhian - I've never actually met another Rhian - I had to read your post twice as I thought to myself I don't remember writing this!

Hello Ladies,

Happy New Year to all, It will be a Great year for all of us having our babies :)

I'm sorry I have missed the last breakfast as I was away from London.

I just had my scan this week and both babies are developing well and the doctor confirmed again that it's a boy and a girl.

I'm up for Breakfast on the 22nd and looking forward to catch up with you all.

I'm booked on the NCT starting on 20th February in East Dulwich but I don't know who is my teacher, hope it's the same lessons as a couple of you are booked on.

Welcome to all newbies!

Emmy

Thought I'd update the Spring baby list as I work my way through a massive jacket potato. Do love a good list... and jacket spuds at the moment!

Lochie ? Rosie ? 29th Feb (2nd - girl)

kat76 - Kat ? 29th Feb (3rd)

pinkhalf - last week of Feb (1st)

cg ? Caroline - very early March (2nd)

rebeccaben ? Rebecca - first week of March (2nd-boy)

kittysailing ? 4th March

Jenifire ? Jenny - 6th March (1st - Boy)

jj55 ? Jo ? 12th March (1st - surprise)

midivydale - Caroline - 12th March (1st)

Widdy - Catherine - 12th March (1st)

Countjc ? Jenny ? 12th March (2nd - boy)

Nix13 - 12th March (1st)

pommie - 14th March (2nd)

Marlowe - Rhian - March 16th (1st)

Yellow99 ? Sophie - 17th March (1st)

SarahCatherine - Sarah - 20th March (1st)

jimnem - Emma ? 22nd March (1st)

AWPP - Sinead - 23rd March (1st)

Jones - Sally - 23rd March (1st)

parmaviolet end of March (2nd)

kassandra - early April (2nd)

RhiDennis ? Rhian ? 3rd April (1st) (boy)

Hollie-pop24 - April 3rd (1st)(boy)

SJK ? Sophie - 6th April (1st)

jessrm - Jess - 6th April (1st)

MelissaVF - Mel - 8th April (3rd)

Missjojo - Jo - 12th April (1st)

MrsC - Nikki - 14th April (2nd)

spanners45- Maria - 20 April (2)

Ke114 ? Kelly ? 20th April (1st) (boy)

lucyclarke2001 - Lucy - 21st April

June80 - 22nd April (2nd)

Be.jones - Bonnie - 26th April (1st)

embo71 ? Emily ? 26th April (2nd)

Janegoodland - Jane - 27 April (2nd, boy)

nickyp - Nicky - due May (2nd)

emmylondon - Emmy - 7th May (twins)

VanessaPMR - Vanessa - 9th May (2nd)

AlexLove - Sasha - 9 May (2nd)

Elisabethdw- Elisabeth- 10th May (1st)

Lingonberry - 26th May (1st- girl)

Rhubarbgarden - Laura - May 28th (2nd)

Hello all,

I would love to join this group too!

My husband and I are moving from Bow to East Dulwich in early Feb and we are expecting our first baby on the 28th March!

Really would love to meet other new mums in the area, swap stories etc and also make some new friends.

Sarah x

Hi all!

Emma - Would love to join you all on 22 Jan. Thanks for organising.

Also, thanks for the info re: labor ward tours at King's! In a bit of a pregnancy-hormone induced panic, I phoned the Nightingale Birthing Unit to ask if they would still be having the tours at the end of Jan (which was the first date my husband and I would be able to go). The lady I spoke to said that yes, they would still be having the tours through January. But as you say, the plan is to stop them in the near future. Apparently, the NHS still has to notify all their staff, the public, etc. in advance of stopping the tours which would take some weeks. I guess they are moving to a "virtual tour" - where initially they will provide CD's on loan (goodness knows how that will work), then eventually post the virtual tour online.

Anyway, thought I'd share that for what it's worth!

Welcome to the newbies. And thanks Jane for organising the list!

Look forward to seeing you all. And hope scans are going well!

Nicole

x

Hi all ,

Thanks Jane for the organised list! I have some updates to my profile in the list ( babies gender and also due date).

Lochie ? Rosie ? 29th Feb (2nd - girl)

kat76 - Kat ? 29th Feb (3rd)

pinkhalf - last week of Feb (1st)

cg ? Caroline - very early March (2nd)

rebeccaben ? Rebecca - first week of March (2nd-boy)

kittysailing ? 4th March

Jenifire ? Jenny - 6th March (1st - Boy)

jj55 ? Jo ? 12th March (1st - surprise)

midivydale - Caroline - 12th March (1st)

Widdy - Catherine - 12th March (1st)

Countjc ? Jenny ? 12th March (2nd - boy)

Nix13 - 12th March (1st)

pommie - 14th March (2nd)

Marlowe - Rhian - March 16th (1st)

Yellow99 ? Sophie - 17th March (1st)

SarahCatherine - Sarah - 20th March (1st)

jimnem - Emma ? 22nd March (1st)

AWPP - Sinead - 23rd March (1st)

Jones - Sally - 23rd March (1st)

parmaviolet end of March (2nd)

kassandra - early April (2nd)

RhiDennis ? Rhian ? 3rd April (1st) (boy)

Hollie-pop24 - April 3rd (1st)(boy)

SJK ? Sophie - 6th April (1st)

jessrm - Jess - 6th April (1st)

MelissaVF - Mel - 8th April (3rd)

Missjojo - Jo - 12th April (1st)

MrsC - Nikki - 14th April (2nd)

emmylondon - Emmy - 19th April(twins: Boy and girl)

spanners45- Maria - 20 April (2)

Ke114 ? Kelly ? 20th April (1st) (boy)

lucyclarke2001 - Lucy - 21st April

June80 - 22nd April (2nd)

Be.jones - Bonnie - 26th April (1st)

embo71 ? Emily ? 26th April (2nd)

Janegoodland - Jane - 27 April (2nd, boy)

nickyp - Nicky - due May (2nd)

VanessaPMR - Vanessa - 9th May (2nd)

AlexLove - Sasha - 9 May (2nd)

Elisabethdw- Elisabeth- 10th May (1st)

Lingonberry - 26th May (1st- girl)

Rhubarbgarden - Laura - May 28th (2nd)

Thanks

Emmy x

Hi Sasha - would be great to meet up at some point with my almost 2 year too.... Sadly I'm working full time at the moment (to save pennies for mat leave!) so not about on Fridays. Going to for drinks on 1st though so hope to meet you then (on hols on 22nd so can't make brekkie).

Anyway, off to put terrible 2 year old to bed now!

Jane

Hi there -

Quick question on the NCT classes: how did you book? Some of you are talking about a course starting on the 20th Feb at E Dulwich hospital. I've had a look on the NCT website and can't find this one, although plenty of others in the area.

I've filled in all the leaflets I got about parenting and breastfeeding classes but haven't heard anything back from Kings yet.

Also, my work would like a MATB1 form which I haven't been given yet. Anyone know where these come from?

The paperwork this baby needs!

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Bonnie

Hello

NCT are ones you pay for. The ones through Kings are free NHS ones. I started mine at Dulwich Hospital last week and they were really good. I'm 32 weeks and got the letter a few weeks before. I did ring Kings though back in December and they can look up what classes you are on. You usually do the breast feeding one about 35/36 weeks - I haven't got my date yet.

MATB1 you usually get from your midwife - depends who you're with re when you get it - didn't get mine until about 26 weeks.

Hope that helps

Jo

Hi All

I've had a bit of trouble finding somewhere that is open for breakfast on Sunday that can accomodate us all (we are about 20 at the last count!).

Unfortunately the Mag and Franklins don't serve breakfast on Sundays so I've had to call around a few places.

I've book Cafe Rouge in Dulwich Village for 20 people at 10am in the name of Emma. I hope that is OK with everyone.

Emma

Wow, hi guy's!

I can't believe I've only just discovered this group!

I'm due March 4th, although I had a very hairy New Year in hospital with threatened pre-term labour. Because of this, I'm no longer allowed to work (which is possibly why I've finally found this group!). I would absolutely love to meet more mums to be in the area, if I'm not too late that is??!

This is my first baby....so as you can imagine I'd love any support and friendship!

Hope to get to know you in this short time...

Emily

x