Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hey Jess

Thanks for organising everything!

I also think that inviting partners would be a good idea, as I'm sure mine wants to meet other Dad's! It may be when we already have our new arrival though!!!

Can't wait to see all you lovely ladies and bumps tomorrow eve.

Emily

xx

Hello ladies

I hope you don't mind me posting but i teach pregnancy yoga in Nunhead every Tuesday evening! Tonight is the last opportunity to attend the class for just ?5 (January special offer!) Normally its ?8 for your first class and then ?10 drop in or ?48 for a block of 6 consecutive classes.

Its a one hour class, 7.15pm - 8.15pm at Buchan Road Community Hall, SE15, we start with some breathing exercies which help release tension emotionally and physically and are also an excellent preparation for labour. We follow with some stretching to wake up the body and to help open areas such as the hips and the pelvis and continue with some standing sequences and sun salutations, ending with relaxation and yoga nidra.

One of my students is in the spring babies 'club' and i know she would be happy to give you her thoughts on my class if you would like a reference, just let me know and i'll put you in touch!

Yoga is extremely nourishing for you and your baby during your pregnancy and apart from anything else its fabulous and well deserved 'me' time.

Come along and try it!

Contact me for more details: [email protected] / tel: 07940705537

Find out more about me and yoga in general at www.facebook.com/catherinearnoldyoga

Hi ladies,

Looking forward to later! If people are still up for some name-badge action I will see if I can get some stickers.

I think a meet up with Dads-to-be too is a good idea - they may just talk about football instead of pregnancy or fatherhood, but as far as I can see that is the only way they can bond.

Rhian

hi everyone!

could i join the gang please? i am due april 8th with my first child.

it would be great to meet you all!

also i'm going to my first nhs antenatal class at dulwich hospital this afternoon at 3pm if anyone else is? or if anyone else has it would be good to know what to expect...

rebecca x

Hi All - looking forward to catching up tonight, should be there for 8pm. Rhian - I'm up for name badges if you can find some stickers!

Updated full SB list below

Lochie ? Rosie ? 29th Feb (2nd - girl)

kat76 - Kat ? 29th Feb (3rd)

pinkhalf - last week of Feb (1st)

cg ? Caroline - very early March (2nd)

rebeccaben ? Rebecca - first week of March (2nd-boy)

asyh ? Ayshin ? 1st March (1st)

tupps ? Emily ? 4th March (1st)

kittysailing ? 4th March

Jenifire ? Jenny - 6th March (1st - Boy)

flowersfrenchie1 ? Alex- 11th March (1st)

jj55 ? Jo ? 12th March (1st - surprise)

midivydale - Caroline - 12th March (1st)

Widdy - Catherine - 12th March (1st)

Countjc ? Jenny ? 12th March (2nd - boy)

Nix13 - 12th March (1st)

pommie - 14th March (2nd)

Marlowe - Rhian - March 16th (1st)

Yellow99 ? Sophie - 17th March (1st)

Loubelle ? 18th March (2nd, Girl)

SarahCatherine - Sarah - 20th March (1st)

jimnem - Emma ? 22nd March (1st)

AWPP - Sinead - 23rd March (1st)

Jones - Sally - 23rd March (1st)

parmaviolet end of March (2nd)

Cocoviolet ? Sarah ? 28th March (1st)

kassandra - early April (2nd)

RhiDennis ? Rhian ? 3rd April (1st) (boy)

Hollie-pop24 - April 3rd (1st)(boy)

SJK ? Sophie - 6th April (1st)

jessrm - Jess - 6th April (1st)

Laurajp ? Laura ? 6th April

MelissaVF - Mel - 8th April (3rd)

Rebeccamay ? Rebecca ? 8th April (1st)

Murphybird ? Rosie ? 11 April (boy & girl)

Missjojo - Jo - 12th April (1st)

Editorialmoo ? Cassie ? 13th April

MrsC - Nikki - 14th April (2nd)

Dibden ? Aileen - 18th April (1st)

emmylondon - Emmy - 19th April (twins: Boy and girl)

spanners45- Maria - 20 April (2nd)

Ke114 ? Kelly ? 20th April (1st) (boy)

lucyclarke2001 - Lucy - 21st April

June80 - 22nd April (2nd)

Clio731 ? Ashley ? 24th April (1st)

Be.jones - Bonnie - 26th April (1st)

embo71 ? Emily ? 26th April (2nd)

Janegoodland - Jane - 27 April (2nd, boy)

nickyp - Nicky - due May (2nd)

VanessaPMR - Vanessa - 9th May (2nd)

AlexLove - Sasha - 9 May (2nd)

Elisabethdw- Elisabeth- 10th May (1st)

Lingonberry ? Sanna - 26th May (1st- girl)

Rhubarbgarden - Laura - May 28th (2nd)

Due date details needed from El Pibe and Dulwichchef (Olivia)

Hi Ladies

Im gonna have to be a "maybe" for tonight now, SPD is gotten bad after pushing myself too much at work so not sure ill be able to make the walk to the pub. :( But will try.

If theres another breakfast meet coming up im in..maybe a bit easier to walk in the morning when Ive had more rest.

So may see you later, but maybe not.

Enjoy

It has made me giggle that 2 groups of 10 plus pregnant ladies in the same pub didn't manage to find each other until the end of the evening.

Another lovely meet up - thanks Jess for organising.

Breakfast meet on 18th Feb?? and another pub meet with partners in the next few weeks?

I go on mat leave next weds - so if anyone else is off soon too or work part time pm me if you fancy meeting for coffee.

Take care of yourselves and bumps

Jo

Great to see everyone last night, but a shame we didn't realise about the other half of the group until the end of the evening! Thanks for organising Jess.

Jo, very jealous that you are starting maternity leave so soon, but I'm going to try and arrange a few "working from home" days in the next few weeks, as I'm definitely feeling the need to start preparing for maternity leave, so will be in touch to see if you and anyone else is around then.

Breakfast on 18th sounds good.

Emma x

Sorry missed last night I'm really feeling SO tired now and mischievous toddler just adds to the exhaustion! Really feel full term now and am only 36 weeks perhaps this one will come early!

Hopefully will be ok to meet on 18th Feb and am starting mat leave next week so also am up for week day meets (am toddler free on tuesdays, thursdays and fridays if anyone else is free)

x

Great to see everyone last night (although half of you very briefly - clearly pregnancy affects the eyesight as well as everything else). Thanks for organising Jess. Definitely up for breakfast on the 18th. Last day at at work on the 17th so hopefully will be all relaxed and responsibility free! Jenny

Sorry to miss last night. Like Lochie also feeling shattered which I don't remember last time. I can't make the 18th but about lots on weekdays and toddler free mon, tues and thurs or at home with toddler on weds and Fridays if anyone fancies a playdate or a coffee round here. Struggling to take toddler out safely with crutches as he either steals them or runs off!

Hi all,

I am "working from home" a few days a week over the next couple of weeks until my maternity leave starts. I am so ready-why did I ever think it would be a good idea to work until 39 weeks?

Would love to meet up those of you that can during the day (pelvis permitting). I am home Wed and Thurs next week if anyone fancies it?

Caroline xx

Good to see you all last night - staggering how we managed to have two factions in the same pub!! Next time we need some form of id so we can actually find each other!! Maybe a big umbrella like tour groups use (I'm joking of course!)

Anyway - good to catch up and I'm up for Brekkie on 18th Feb (can't remember if the Mag serves breaksfast on a Saturday... if they do it might be a good location - I know it doesn't on Sundays).

Have a good day all

Jane x

Lastnight was fab Jess, thanks for organising! It was lovely to see so many ladies and bumps....albeit in two factions!!! I definitely think some sort of mascot ought to be used next time - perhaps something can be placed on the table that would be visible to those walking in?

I'm possibly free for the 18th but will need to reconfirm closer to the time as I have a baby shower to go to also.

I'm also on Mat leave already (well, sick leave but lets not split hairs!) so I'm always around for a coffee or a chat any day as child free until my little trouble maker decides to officially make an entrance! Just PM me.

Hope everyone has a fab end to the week...and a great weekend!

Emily

xx

Hi ladies,

It was great fun last night, thanks for organising Jess. I wish the tables were together and bigger!

I afraid I can't make it to the next one as I am having my baby shower that day:)

As I am due on 1st march, I will see when the next meeting is?

Have a great day and week to all!

Aysh

Xxx

Hilarious that there were two events going on in the same pub but looks like everyone had a good time - thanks for organising, Jess!

I'm definitely up for the 18th for brekkie.

There are quite a few vouchers around for pizza express at the moment so we could always do a bargain pizza lunch/ dinner in Dulwich Village over the next few weeks if people are around. If anyone is interested I'm happy to organise.

Otherwise see you on the 18th!

Sophie x

Hello

The 18th is good for brekkie for me too. I'm also up for meeting up for lunch/dinner some time.

I've got another 3 weeks left at work and beginning to wish I was finishing earlier - feeling shattered now!

I've been told that the tours of the labour ward at Kings are no longer happening (and I didnt get organised enough to go), but one of the girls from my NCT class has sent me this link which Kings has put together to explain a bit about it and thought some of you might also find it helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNDSqyWwfwc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Catherine

That's a great link, I would say more useful than the tour actually. We did ours a couple of years ago and v busy. That clip answers so many questions and I recognised some of the midwives.

Might be worth sticking on a new thread as useful for lots of local mums.