Is your property on on the market with Foxtons Dulwich? (Lounged)

maison_d'etre

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> fixed that for you nutty

totally agree - and it's going to continue for a while too...

Are we all aware that the total taxpayer exposure to Northern Rock is now approximately ?10 billion above the UK?s Defence Budget?

Poor old estate agents get such a bad rep, I really think we should just live and let live when it comes to dodgy professions. I know many people who have done dubious stints in various legal and erm not so legal areas of our wonderfully flexible economy, and I think EA's are probably the most misunderstood and stereotyped of the lot of them!

Foxtons make the area look nice, great shop front, yes slightly agressive but for god sakes your getting 0% atm on a sale so be bloody thankful!

Louisa

Actually I think there is a niche for an estate agent that offers good service. In the US, agents can command up to 10%. But they work like mad for you. They know your house inside and out and can answer any questions and sell it like mad. They return your calls, actually do give feedback and are proactive in selling (or finding) houses.

If Foxtons or anyone else actually focused on basic customer service, they would be well worth 2.5%...or more. But that's the way of most businesses in the UK. Customer service is an alien concept.

What difference does living in Peckham make? I actually live close to Goose Green so I border ED and Peckham, but even if I did live outside of ED I recognise a decent shop front, and funnily enough Peckham has some very decent traditional victorian shop fronts. Whats left of the old J&H department stores (above MK one and another shop) is absolutely beautiful.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Foxtons make the area look nice, great shop front,

> yes slightly agressive but for god sakes your

> getting 0% atm on a sale so be bloody thankful!

Two small inaccuracies here: Foxtons don't make the area look nice, they make it look like Las Vegas. And people aren't getting 0% for a sale (there ARE no sales), they are getting 0% for having a Foxtons advertisement (in the form of a for sale sign) outside the front of their house. Apart from that, spot on Louisa.

Urgh, just been in The Rye for the evening. In the smokers area at the back was a large group of suited and booted boys and stiletto-heeled girls who just I just knew were estate agents & I feel sure were Foxtonites as there were two green minis outside (but unbranded) ...

I feel sad that our area has been infiltrated by this scum ....

Urgh - it was a very sad day when 'that lot' arrived in our area ....