Men and women...Mixed Footie at Peckham Rye Park

Re-re

Hey all,

Now this is really lousy of me as I have never manage to make i even to watch and support one match - and now I am here to ask for a bit of help.

Do any of you know any good centrally located outdoor football pitches?

I would like to say that I was playing. But I have STILL yet to wear in my unworn footie boots (shemeful). It's for work purposes.

Thanks in advance

Michy B

Scorps Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As promised Marie... I confirm that I'd like to

> continue block-booking...

Excellent. At the moment, the maximum BBs will pay is ?29.16666666 for the 10 weeks. That figure will come down once part of the kitty is applied and/or others decide to block-book.

VBC (you naughty girl :)) ), are you looking for grass or astroturf?

PENULTIMATE REMINDER: poll for block-booking closes at midnight on 1st December.

Hamid, when we spoke on Weds. you expressed an interest in BB but didn't confirm for definite. I know you missed out last time as you don't log on to FB or the EDF often. If you definitely wish to be included this time around, you need to let me (or someone else) know.

I will not be on The Rye on Saturday, so if anyone sees Hamid please could you remind him of the above deadline. I really wouldn't want him to miss out again. Thanks. M x

FINAL REMINDER: just over 1 day to go before poll closes.

Hamid, your message finally reached me...thanks. However, please read all of the info. on our Facebook page and indicate whether you still wish to BB as the next BB period will commence on 9th Jan. 2013 (not next week, as you seem to think). Also, I'm unsure as to whether you are aware that tomorrow is our Christmas Social; see Kerry's thread on Facebook. Hope to see you tomorrow night! :)

Just a reminder to those members not on FB...we are having our Christmas Social tomorrow night. Meeting at the pub in the grounds of Denmark Hill Station (i forget the name but there is only one) In the mezzanine upstairs. 7pm....come along and bring your merry side.

Neil/Hamid:

The poll for BB-ing is now closed, with a total of 15 opting for BB-ing. I have consulted the Admin. Team vis a vis the kitty and the majority decision is that ?200 should be set against the pitch hire costs, leaving a float of ?48.10 towards the purchase of future equipment. Therefore, according to my Lidl calculator and pea-brain:

Hire of astroturf for 10 weeks: ?350

-?200 transferred from kitty = ?150

?150 divided by 15 BB-ers = ?10

= ?10 per BB-er.

In order that the reservation of our pitch takes place smoothly, I aim to begin collecting your dosh as from next Wednesday (cash only please).

Although our next block of sessions will not be commencing until 9th January 2013, it is imperative that Dulwich Hamlet are paid their fee in full by 19th December 2012 (the final week of the current BB-ing period) AT LATEST. In order to avoid any last minute panics and unwanted complications, I would ask that you do not leave your payment until the last minute. It is crucial that DH are paid in full and on-time in order that our pitch may be secured for another 10 weeks.

That is all - for now. ;-)

Gosh, thanks Neil...I had forgotten. You are now on the "paid" list.

Also, I don't know whether you (and others) are aware, but this Saturday is the Shem Memorial Tournament in honour of our lovely Shem who will be playing his last game with us on Saturday. Boo hoo...I am missing him already... :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Just a reminder that footie starts this Saturday...11am sharp on the Rye...latecomers please remember we have a new ten minute late start penalty in place now ;)

Also new Wednesday night footie starts at the Hamlets 9th Jan...block bookers already paid and a fiver for anyone who wants to just show up on the day...

Looking forward to kicking some balls :)

• 1 month later...

For those not on Facebook (in particular Scorps and Bluesuperted).

Yesterday's game marked week 5 of the current BB-ed sessions. This means it's time to think about whether you wish to be included in the next 10-week block. The poll will close at midnight on 20th February, which gives you just under two weeks to respond, after which time you will not (without reasonable cause) be allowed to BB for the following period. The final game for this 10-week block will be on 13th March.

A YAY or NAY will suffice.

-------------

COME ON YOU REDS!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all! Just a reminder that block booking is coming up for Wednesday nights. The absolute deadline for payment is March 13 and the cost is ?18 for ten weeks. Please let us know if you intend to be in block booking at Dulwich Hamlets.

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost spring (we'll ignore the snow forecast for this weekend) so who's up for a bit of Football this Saturday? Mud is fun people ;) We will be meeting at 11am half way down the path between The Clockhouse pub and the Cafe on the Rye. You can't miss us! Kick off is at 11.15 sharp so please be there for 11.00. It's FREE for all, so if you've been considering it for a while but haven't made it yet, now is the time!

See you then!!

---------------------

Join us on Facebook: East Dulwich Forum Football

or read about us on Tumblr: http://east-dulwich-forum-football.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Football tonight down at DHFC, come along if you fancy it!! Pitch 3 at 7pm!

One of our lovely members put this together: [east-dulwich-forum-football.tumblr.com] all you could ever want to know about our group! We also have a Facebook group with the imaginative title East Dulwich Forum Football.

Also, for those of you not on Facebook, we're having our Spring social this Saturday at the Great Exhibition, Crystal Palace Road from 7pm!