Suggestions for this forum

Mark

Hi Mark, have emailed twice with no answer or resolution. If I click on my user name no posts come up, if I enter something I know I have put on forum eg Tefal steam cuisine nothing comes up. I assume if I cannot do it nor can anyone else. It is almost as if access has been blocked. Please resolve as have had this for some weeks now. A great forum, much admiration for anyone who can do these things. BW

Strange, I've clicked on it and over 300 posts come up, as does your Tefal steam cuisine posting.

That means it probably does for everyone else also.

Have you tried searching the forum when not logged in? Have you tried using the forum from a different computer both logged and not logged in?

What were the outcome of these exercises?

Did you click on the links that ianr provided? What happened?

It's important that you click specifically on the links that ianr provided - NOT your username, and NOT the search tool. JUST the links that ianr provided.

Can you tell us what browser you are using? Have you tried clearing your cache (internet history) recently?

The reason you're being asked to do that is to ascertain whether there's a problem with your browser and the 'query string' that delivers the information back to you from the server.

It looks very much as if it's a problem at your end rather than the server, because the problem is only happening to you.

Administrator Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi spanner45

>

> Sorry, there's no functionality to delete old

> messages however you can edit the posts and the

> subject line to say "sold" or similar.

Too many people not putting Sold in the subject line but instead adding onto their post which brings it up to the top again rather pointlessly. Ok, great that your item has sold but we don't all need to know about it.

The report of it happening at work too sounds odd, unless you're relying upon some sort of cloud thing for your personal files. So does the reported difference between outcomes when logged in or out. But I'd be mildly surprised if clearing your browser's memory cache (NOT the same as Browsing History, which is simply a list of URLs) and maybe cookies (at least those for eastdulwichforum.co.uk) didn't resolve it. Or for diagnostics try another type of browser, if you have one installed or feel like doing do. Or using a different user account on your home machine.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Expats section? Would be great, I am worried some

> of the oldies and bestest will stop posting as

> much as several of their earlier counterparts

> have.....I am welling up

You called?

• 1 month later...