Suggestions for this forum

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to separate out ED Businesses, restaurants and trades into 2 separate sections? 1 for shops / restaurants etc physically located in East Dulwich and another for trades.

The section as it currently stands is quite busy - and gets swamped with building services offered etc, so its often hard to see what is actually new in East Dulwich and easy to miss info on new shops / restaurants / cafes opening. I think it would be helpful to separate out these things if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi goldilocks

Thanks for the suggestion and I know what you mean about that section being busy and possibly divisible into two. I'll have a think about if it's possible and how much overhead it would be be to the admin team to look after.

• 1 month later...
Hi, we're in Herne Hill and use this forum all the time. I know there is a Herne Hill forum and a West Dulwich forum, but they are much much smaller. Have you ever considered changing the name of the forum to be more inclusive with neighbouring areas?

• 2 weeks later...

goldilocks Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Would it be possible to separate out ED

> Businesses, restaurants and trades into 2 separate

> sections? 1 for shops / restaurants etc

> physically located in East Dulwich and another for

> trades.

>

> The section as it currently stands is quite busy -

> and gets swamped with building services offered

> etc, so its often hard to see what is actually new

> in East Dulwich and easy to miss info on new shops

> / restaurants / cafes opening. I think it would

> be helpful to separate out these things if

> possible.

Similarly, there are so many separate recommendations for builders etc that if you're looking for a recommendation it's not that useful. Maybe one thread per trade? ("Experience with builders" "...Plumbers" "...Architects" "...Fitness Coaches" etc). As it stands, it's constant new threads asking for recommendations for the same thing that was asked for last week, and constant one off recommendations (or occasional warnings) about some or other business.

Great idea...should branch out to surrounding areas. I've just moved to Hither Green which seems to have around 3-4 similar 'local' forums but none as popular or active as this. EDf seems to have an active user base from all over South London.

• 2 months later...

It's still the case -- has been since I first subscribed - that anyone typing B ) without a space before the bracket gets it interpreted by Phorum software as a shortcut for the smiley B). It's turned up recently at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?20,1570476,1570482, http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1536718,1542346, and http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1536718,1537161.

Is it not worth removing that mapping? It's trivial to do, and will take effect the next time the system is set up. You just need to remove the relevant line for the "cool" icon reference in the list defining $MOD_SMILEY_DEFAULT_SMILEYS, which begins round about line 25 of file \mods\smileys\smileyslib.php. Or you could comment it out by placing a # at the start of the line. Anyone who actually wants to use that smiley -- I've not seen a non-accidental use of it here ever -- will be able to find an external link to one fairly easily.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I am a Weight Management Coach with a license to sell Cambridge Weight Plan products. I operate a mobile service in East Dulwich and the surrounding areas. I am about to operate every Monday 5.30-6.30 out of Christ Church in Barry Road.

Can I put that in the business part of the forum, or any other part?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and best regards.

Madeline

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...