Suggestions for this forum

Mark

East Dulwich Angst Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How about in the forum settiings you can have the

> choice so that when you click on a link it opens

> another window instead of taking you away from the

> EDF. Great site by the way.

Thanks, glad you like it. I've changed it so that now when you click a link it opens in a new window.

Enjoy.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but in the threads about wanted items and Residential, it would be nice to see which of the threads are still live, ie still waiting to get rid of a TV or the house for rent is now occupied.

It would be useful to see this in the title field - Open / Closed

Hi Mark - not sure threads by date is working. On 'wanted' thread I had to trawl through 9 pages to find the topic that was showing as new post. Think latest post first is possibly best - will go with majorityl What possibly could be useful is signing off a post if it is finished (I think someone else has suggested that.).

Not a criticism - I think you do a great job - merely a suggestion.

This may have been raised before (couldn't find it if so with a search).

Is there a way to show when posts have been lounged - i.e. you can see the thread title in the original forum, but when you click on it you are taken to the current location of the thread? I've seen this on other forums, and as a fairly new poster I have found it a bit confusing when a thread disappears - I've only just realised it is because they are being lounged.

The downside with the idea may be that so much stuff gets lounged that it clutters up the main forum page, I guess.

It would help new users to leave a dummy thread behind when lounging. Whereas seasoned users wouldn't find it so useful - they will have cottoned on to the idea that threads suddnly migrate.

I'd like to take a sideways step - an option only to view threads with new content. Then (if you selected this) you wouldnt see the dummy thread anymore.

Hi, we do leave a notification if a popular thread's been moved and we're trying to remember to add (lounged) to the title.

Regarding the new content, if you look at the list of thread titles page e.g. http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/list.php?5 you will see a small red new next to the title. If you click that you'll be taken to the first message that you haven't read in that thread. You have to be logged in for this to work. Also unread messages have a pinkish colour heading.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve

I've looked into it a bit but it's quite hard to do technically and financially (because of taking payments) and to get people to give a small amount to sell something is that Loot does and they're a company. It's a good idea but I came to the decision that the administration for setting it up and running it is too much, if the technology became readily available to do it easily then one day I might.

Thanks for the suggestion

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought... How about (if not too difficult) if we could add a POLL option to our forum.

It would work on the same basis as starting a thread ie. instead of Subject you would put your poll question and

underneath would have your poll option where you could add more options. So if your poll was to ask the question

"Do you smoke" you could add the options of : yes, no, use to etc. You could have an option for how many days your poll would run for!

A poll could be fairly easy to add but it's not something I would like to allow each user to add as it's open to abuse. If you have any polls you want to add please drop me or The Administrator a message and we'll see what we can do.