Suggestions for this forum

Mark

In all fairness a decent GUI could be a nice way of accessing the forum especially from the fidliness of iPhone. Even on iPad that text box can be a bit of a pita on longer posts.

Not a bad idea Polly.

I might have a bit of crack though as a pc man I can only do a dodgy version, might need a mac man to let me take the source code over and integrate some proper iOS sdk elements in and get it legitimised.

Admin, does the forum software have an api at all?

• 1 month later...
I'd love to be able to view "FS & Offered" where the threads are ordered by the date when they were started rather than when the latest message was posted. That's so that new items can easily be found. Or is this already possible and I miss something?

• 4 months later...
If it shows up as an attachment, you have successfully uploaded it, and anyone who wants to see it can download it (as on eg this page). Do you really want to force it to be downloaded and visible to everyone who loads the page, irrespective of their interest, wish or bandwidth?

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Hi

It is a good idea but unfortunately we do not have the facilities, time or a team who can implement such a system. There are other sites out there with such systems in place but they are sites set up as businesses with money behind them, this was set up by Mark as a hobby/fun thing to do. Maybe a business would like to assist the forum by investing in it and helping to introduce such a system, it has 34,000 registered users so it would certainly reach a good few customers.

gm99 thats a very good idea. I think the forum on the whole needs a formal feedback section. Even though the forum started out as a hobby for Mark, it was clear Mark was trying to turn this into a business, in the early days. However a free community forum who rely on donations and sponsors to cover the expenses, was never going to be a business.

Good luck in finding your investors Admin.

:)-D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Dear Mark

I think the Forum is brilliant and very helpful in finding out things about East Dulwich that I didn't know about (even though I have lived here for 20 years !).

I recently noticed on one of the threads that someone had tried to download a photograph and was unable to do so. I recently had a similar problem and therefore was unable to re-home an armchair which ended up being taken away by the Council - sad. Many moons ago I was able to download a photo but the rules on this seem to have changed. I wondered whether it would help if you deleted some of the really really old stuff on the forum - is it getting clogged up? If that were to happen perhaps we might be able to download pics of any size? Just a thought.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Hi Administrator. Is there a way to delete one's own old posts so they don't become superfluous. Especially in the sell/wanted and family clasifieds there are a lot of these. E.g., things that have already been sold and collected or simply things that are no loger relevant. I am only talking about having 'control' over my own posts, not deleting other people's, of course. That would be plain rude and wrong. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...