Missing post since sorting office moved to peckham

Strangely my magazine subscription has been arriving a day early for the last three weeks.

Incidentally when I was using the laundrette off Pellatt Road recently, a Royal Mail van pulled up, with a postal worker and two agency workers delivering post in the surrounding area.

I can only assume that certain parts of the SE22 postcode are getting priority for post now as it appears the post is normal for me at least again.

In the last few weeks I have received several items of mail for addresses with the same house number as mine but completely different roads (including two cafes, named as part of the address. Surely it should be obvious to anybody that my house is not a cafe).

I have also got mail for other house numbers in my own road, one of which was a bank statement which I opened by mistake (I resisted the temptation to look at it :)))

Yesterday I got a catalogue for somebody with the same house number but different roads.

When the post came today, I gave it to the postie. His response "I wasn't working yesterday."

Then I looked at today's post. It included a letter clearly marked for the house next door.

So I called him back and gave that back to him as well. His response "Well it's only for next door" (meaning, you could have put that through their letter box yourself, couldn't you?)

Er, yes I could, but I'm bloody sick of delivering other people's post.

Where do they get these people from?

What really worries me is where my own mail is going. Apart from things I know have definitely gone missing, It's the things I don't know about :(

Yep, here too, post for addresses that are not in our road. Including personal, private correspondence.

I did complain to Craig Wallace a few months ago when the move first took place and received a reply, but not from him.

Craig Wallace (or his office) has never responded to me (I've written twice), although the PO Chairman's office did for my first complaint (not just a form letter) and Helen Hayes has been very responsive. However I have to say that in the last few weeks my post is more clearly 'normal' (occasional glitches apart - they still haven't worked out how to rota for days off) and I am genuinely worried how they will cope when the proper holiday season comes round again.

katanita Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I emailed Craig Wallace

> ([email protected] ) with my

> complaint, and got no response whatsoever (I

> copied in Helen Hayes too). Anyone had more recent

> responses or used a different email address for

> them?

Did the hospital rearrange your appointment, under the circumstances?

I was so sorry to read your post above. I can't begin to imagine how you must have felt.

ETA: I wonder if they have changed their systems, as I have an urgent hospital appointment next week and have had two separate phone calls reminding me about it, one automated and from an actual person.

I now wonder whether this is in case people haven't received a letter from the hospital and whether this is now a common occurrence.

(I had to ring around the hospital and absolutely grovel to the department secretary but I did get an appointment back, thanks, it helped that I was able to point to news stories about the poor service from Royal Mail in this area! Some hospital departments do a text message or call, some don't).

Well, I was fully expecting my SIM card to go AWOL, but to my great surprise it arrived today having been posted first class yesterday.

So, credit where it's due, Royal Mail managed to deliver one item on time to the correct address :)

Today I received a letter withthe correct number but not the right road. I called the postie back and all he said was?where?s that road then.? He was standing in it so he then said: ?I don?t know why it?s n my pile cos thatroad is not on my walk.?

Been out most of the day.

Came back to find a packet just left on my doorstep. Luckily it was still there.

About five minutes ago a "signed for", letter was put through my door. I have no idea who signed for it (obviously not me, nor anybody at this address), nor who put it through my door.

Ironically, it was a card and a small gift from a friend who had sent it tracked after I told her of all the problems we were having with our mail deliveries .......

ETA: Ooops, just seen there was a text from my neighbour before I posted this, to say she had signed for it! Thanks, neighbour!

About five minutes ago a "signed for", letter was put through my door. I have no idea who signed for it (obviously not me, nor anybody at this address), nor who put it through my door.

Possibly delivered to a neighbour in your absence and then posted to you by them?

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> About five minutes ago a "signed for", letter was

> put through my door. I have no idea who signed for

> it (obviously not me, nor anybody at this

> address), nor who put it through my door.

>

> Possibly delivered to a neighbour in your absence

> and then posted to you by them?

Yep, you are right, and if I had checked my texts I would have seen that was what had happened! DUH!

Had a 1st class small parcel delivered to Overhill Road this morning, 11 days after it was posted (with proof-of-postage) and I'd been trying to find out it's location for last few days. Amazing that no-one is still not accountable, and it's been going on for 5 months?

Avoid using Royal Mail.

Postie knocked today to deliver a package. I was expecting one, so I signed for it.

Belatedly checked the address. It was for Lucas Bakery. Same house number, different road.

Had a conversation with postie. Ended amicably when he agreed I might have good reason to suspect my "missing" post might have been misdelivered.

Shortly afterwards I went out. Passed postie taking a picture of some shelving outside a house in my street (but inside their boundary wall).

He said to me something along the lines of "If they don't want that, I'm having it"

So if you're in the North Cross Road area and your shelves have gone missing, ask your postie ....

I get post with the right number but for other roads. I also get post for the right road but not the right number. Today the postie also stuck 6 Hillary blinds and 6 Domino pizza leaflets through my door with post which was actually for me!