Missing post since sorting office moved to peckham

My Private Eye (expected Wed.12/6) hasn't arrived yet. That's the second instance this year. When I mentioned it to my postie he said that he'd not seen any PEs at all recently. So, before I contact PE subs again: Has any other subscriber received theirs, or not?

Has any other subscriber received theirs, or not?

Yes, arrived on time - and I've not missed any of those. A political weekly is less certain in arriving, sometimes 1-3 days late. But now being delivered sometime, which wasn't true a year ago!

Thanks P68. I assume you're in SE15 or SE22. Nothing today either, so I'll get my claim in.

They're not the only things that have gone missing this year. A slghtly larger than A3 flat medium parcel didn't arrive in ?March. I was perhaps lucky to get the replacement three weeks ago. I found it mid-afternoon left on the doorstep, definitely no bell ring. And a 'signed-for' letter was delivered here on Friday, with no attempt to get a signature. I think I can feel a bulk call to RM complaints coming on.

• 4 weeks later...

The Royal Mail complaints page https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/contact#category-tree-after, once you manage to reach it, offers you two "Email Us" options:

1) "Send a message now" -- ie complete a web form. "We aim to reply within 3 working days"

2) "Alternatively, you can contact us at [email protected]

We aim to answer emails sent to this address within 10 working days."

• 1 month later...

I thought deliveries had greatly improved, but a time critical letter which was sent to me First Class last Thursday has still not arrived, GRRRRRRRR.

I'm wondering if it has been misdelivered to somebody else's house and they are away.

Anybody else still having problems??

Well I take it back.

The item just arrived. The stupid sender posted it second class on Friday instead of first class as promised on Thursday.

So on this occasion, not Royal Mail's fault.

Profuse apologies, Royal Mail :)

In the last couple of weeks, and possibly for another couple, deliveries have been by odd posties and at odd times because of holiday cover - if it hasn't happened to you yet it probably will. But things are getting delivered, and in the main on days expected, in my experience.

• 7 months later...

Last year I ordered some cinema vouchers. They never arrived. I had the vendor resend them twice. They still never arrived. I had them delivered to my mothers house. They arrived the next day. I find it hard to believe they simply 'went missing' as the regular boring looking post still arrived as expected. Anything that looks like it's of value and isn't tracked just seems to 'disappear' at this place.

Regardless, since then I've been having all my important stuff sent to my mothers but since lock down that isn't really appropriate. Over the past 3 weeks there are 3 parcels that were supposed to be delivered, none have arrived. one of those was sent by my mother, who also sent identical packages to my two brothers at opposite ends of the country. Guess what? They both received theirs 10 days ago.

rjw37 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Last year I ordered some cinema vouchers. They

> never arrived. I had the vendor resend them twice.

> They still never arrived. I had them delivered to

> my mothers house. They arrived the next day. I

> find it hard to believe they simply 'went missing'

> as the regular boring looking post still arrived

> as expected. Anything that looks like it's of

> value and isn't tracked just seems to 'disappear'

> at this place.

>

> Regardless, since then I've been having all my

> important stuff sent to my mothers but since lock

> down that isn't really appropriate. Over the past

> 3 weeks there are 3 parcels that were supposed to

> be delivered, none have arrived. one of those was

> sent by my mother, who also sent identical

> packages to my two brothers at opposite ends of

> the country. Guess what? They both received theirs

> 10 days ago.

Have you reported all this to Royal Mail?

Because if something is amiss at Peckham, it will keep on being amiss unless people report problems .....

I reported the vouchers at the time. As they were replaced by the vendor I didn't bother to follow up because I wasn't left out of pocket and the stolen ones were voided.

I haven't made an official complaint yet as per the 3 latest missing parcels. Considering they're probably stretched at the moment due to Covid-19 I thought i'd give them the benefit of the doubt for a little longer. But if there's nothing by the end of the week i'll definitely be reporting it.

rjw wouldn't it be interesting to have three cheap tracking devices posted from three separate locations, all in non-normal packaging (whatever that is !), to your home address - the one not currently receiving 'interesting' parcels ?

You could literally follow where they ended-up and where they were suddenly de-activated or discarded, within a few metres. I think that would tell you a lot about exactly what is going on at that sorting office - because as you say, something is definitely amiss there. Going through the official channels is never going to get anyone there arrested or your packages recovered IMO. Anyway, was just playing scenarios in my mind and this one was most fun/effective.

I read today that they will no longer deliver letters on Saturdays. For some reason, they will continue to deliver Paracelsus, tracked letters and things which are not ?normal? letters, all due to staff shortages. I only receive post once or twice a week anyway so won?t notice the difference!

I called the Royal Mail customer service number last week and reported the current issues delivering to SE22.

I've had a couple of weeks with no delivery at all, and it has taken up to 2 weeks for a regular letter to arrive.

Issues beyond their control with sickness/absence plus huge demand as people are shopping online so much more.

But the woman I spoke to was really helpful and said she would make sure the manager at Peckham Rye sorting office was aware of my query.

Possibly coincidence, but a bundle of mail turned up the next day, including a couple of items that had been posted before Easter.