Dead people who posted on the forum

Alan Dale

Hey Alan, no I don't think I did (you can breathe easy *Bob*). My comment was because it could have been a whole host of reasons the person topped themselves. As it turns out it was a fairly cut and dried reason (no pun intended) and perhaps I was presumptious.

I don't recall *Bob* saying the person committed Hari Kiri (stabbing oneself in the stomach) though Alan!

Well it's metaphorical hara-kiri. It was an honourable self administered exit.

Not just *Bob* no we can all go to Zipolite. Imagine the impact on house prices..

I'd like to book that taxi driver for my Grandad this year. It would save the Queen a stamp and give my mum a nice windfall and a well earned brake from the cantankerous old curmudgeon.

Re: Dead people who posted on the forum

Posted by: *Bob* Today, 01:13PM

I still have the numbers of a couple of dead friends in my phone (one suicide, one 7/7 victim). I was going to delete them but when it came-up saying 'Delete Y/N' it seemed inconsiderate to press Y.

Which is stupid, seeing as they're.. you know.. deleted.

==================================================================================================

I do this *Bob*. Sadly my friend, Liliane was killed in a car accident last year. I called her husband after it happened, so to see how he was and pass on my condolences. He wasn't in so I left a message. I was a bit spooked when two hours later, her name came up on my phone. It didn't occurr to me in the first instance that I saved their home number under Liliane's name. :(

mightyroar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i love the idea that people in the future are

> reading this.......whilst wearing silver catsuits

> and eating cardboard food capsules. or something

I am actually capt_birdseye's great-grandson, posting from the future. The original Lordship Lane is now underwater but there is a "High Street" of boats owned by the Federal Republic of Parkhill Properties.

Pay no attention to First Mate Birdseye there he?s always trying to mess with you unsophisticated folk from the past. Anyway he has an urgent delivery to make to Goose Green island.

I never should have let that AOL salesman convince me to get the Time Browsing application installed on the Nuclear Gondola?s computer network.

It?s still here. It is now watertight and you enter from the dock on the roof. You get to watch seals, salmon and the odd shopping trolley go past the windows while you drink. You can smoke inside again as they have done some more research and figured out that smoking was actually good for you all along.

They still need to re-carpet the back room. And the bogs still look and smell the same.

Once someone asked me "If you died would your Facebook "friends" come to your funeral."

I said I doubt it because I wouldn't be able to update my status - so how would they know I'd left this mortal coil.

Nor would I be able to invite people to my funeral.