What exactly is going on at SAUCY?

Wayne24

DF got it wrong - apparently. May well have been misinformed. I wonder what real pleasure can be got from trashing? And crowing. Aren't we (shouldn't we be?) better than that.

Amended to say - cross post with above - hope your pain (DF) recedes and you can get back to a more normal life.

I am sorry to hear you are ill Dulwich Fox

But being really ill doesn't excuse potentially ruining someone's buisiness with ill informed and ignorant speculation just two days ago.

And, at the end of your long post, you couldn't even say: "sorry, I was wrong"

Hemingway Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am sorry to hear you are ill Dulwich Fox

>

> But being really ill doesn't excuse potentially

> ruining someone's buisiness with ill informed and

> ignorant speculation just two days ago.

>

> And, at the end of your long post, you couldn't

> even say: "sorry, I was wrong"

I fully agree - I am deeply sympathetic, but ultimately DF has made an utterly wrong accusation that could backfire against the restaurant in question who are, without doubt, owed an apology.

alice Wrote:

> D Fox Get better soon - best wishes and try to

> ignore self righteous posters.

Thank you Alice. Very kind

These are the first 3 posts in this thread,

1 Does anyone know what the heck happened with this failed venture?

2 I was thinking the same. Did it ever actually open?

3 They opened but then had to close to re work some of the electrics and said they'd re open later.

They did not recieve any bad comments and one does suggest there WAS a problem with the Electrics.

There are a couple of sad people here who have a personal grudge against myself.

I'm not too concerned.

Having used the previous establishment Curry Cabin for 46 years.

I used it back in 1972 and was there on the night it closed with the Curry Club.

I was aware of the poor state the dining area had become. Never went to the kitchen.

but was never ill after several 100's / 1000+ ?? curries over the years.

I was keen to see what the new owners did with the place. As I knew the Christmas tree man outside

the shop I stopped daily to chat and at the same time kept up with the progress of work.

I was impressed with the work that was being done. I know how much these things cost.

I've spent over ?16,000 up grading my own domestic kitchen, Units, Flooring, Ceilings Windows and doors.

Electrics Plumbing. and the need to get it right first time.

I really hope the owners are able to sort things out soon and reopen.

Its in a good spot and could do well.

Looked in again today but sadly no sign of work in progress, ??

DulwichFox

Hemingway Wrote:

> I am sorry to hear you are ill Dulwich Fox

>

> But being really ill doesn't excuse potentially

> ruining someone's buisiness with ill informed and

> ignorant speculation just two days ago.

>

> And, at the end of your long post, you couldn't

> even say: "sorry, I was wrong"

And some people "bear a grudge" as you choose to put it because of misinformation posted on here by you about them, refusal to correct it, and lack of apologies in the past.

I'm sorry you are so ill, but so are others of us. Illness didn't seem to stop you posting misinformation on here about a local business, and it doesn't preclude admitting you were wrong.

Hi Dulwich Fox,

Sorry to hear you're not well. Best Wishes.

Again just to clarify, I am busy planning the launch and was there today for various meetings. We are really excited so would just like to be able to crack on please. I have picked up on all the above comments including the 'failed' comment and clarified many times the restaurant was completely renovated including full rewiring months ago. I'm not one for gossip, so suggesting we 'cut corners' was upsetting and just not true when all I'm trying to do is restore an old building and focus on my new business launch.

With respect you may not see the work that we are doing but doesn't mean nothing is happening or progress isn't being made. :)

Will keep everyone posted via the Saucy social pages as and when we are opening which shouldn't be long now. Or drop me an email at [email protected] if you want to discuss anything personally.

Think my time on the EDF has come to an end (!) so please do feel free to contact me directly or check in with the Facebook / Insta pages for updates.

Again Many Thanks

Jules

Dulwichfox is allowed to say what he wants and if he wants to say you have taken shortcuts you have to put up with it because if you react he will just go into detail about his unrelated health issues, which as sad as they are, get him off the hook.

if you are wrong you are wrong and just put your hands up.

Unrelated to my comments above, but because he has told us all about it, I wish you luck DF.

julesheaton Wrote:

> Think my time on the EDF has come to an end (!)

Good decision on your part.

The forum should be a valuable way for businesses to engage with the local community, but time and time again, the behaviour of certain posters spoil things for everyone.

Best of luck with the restaurant.

To be fair to DF - this launch has had its teething problems (all from the forum):-

Re: New restaurant on Lordship Lane - "Saucy"

Posted by awesome3 20 December, 2018 14:25

Hi There

Huge apologies for this!

We had an issue with power over the weekend so when you came we weren't quite open and still testing everything and putting the finishing touches to the restaurant! We are opening officially from this afternoon and will absolutely be open on Christmas Eve so we would love to see you and the family and give you a great Christmas experience! Watch this space very shortly to check out the final opening menu!

Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Jules and The Saucy Team x

Please email me personally if you want to chat about Christmas [email protected]

And then

Posted by awesome3 30 December, 2018 14:52

Hi There

We have actually run into a power issue so we are having to temporarily close so we can upgrade and will reopen in January at some point hopefully. I have also received some really great feedback re pricing and types of things people want to see so I am tweaking the menu. Will put in up as soon as I have it ready.

Thanks so much

Jules

And then

Posted by alex_b January 13, 08:45AM

The message on their website says: ?DUE TO SNAGGING AND FURTHER BUILDING WORKS, WE WILL BE REOPENING ON FEB 1ST?.

I think I saw somewhere that they needed to redo a load of the electrical work. I?m looking forward to going when they reopen.

And then

Posted by julesheaton February 09, 02:06PM

Hi Guys

Quick update - The power issues and function room renovations (a huge job!) are very nearly complete and the building is looking great. Next job is to work on the terrace area and planters and we are waiting for our awning which is currently being produced.

Re healthy options and the full menu. Saucy is about celebrating great sauces as part of a variety of different dishes from around the world and not just a burger restaurant like GBK/Byron etc. In fact we have a pretty substantial section of the menu dedicated to lighter dishes/salads, veggie options including vegan, and hearty bowls such as our signature Chilli. But if you fancy being a bit naughty and having our Cornish haddock and chips or a Saucy burger and some loaded chips we have that too!

Targeted to open at the beginning of March so hope to see you all soon

Cheers

Jules

So power has been identified as an issue - and there have been a number of false start 'openings'. Maybe DF jumped to a conclusion too many - but I don't think he can be blamed too much for that. I wish them well when they do 'hard' open and hope that they will be meeting local needs for many years.

binkylilyput Wrote:

> Excellent apology DF. It takes strength of

> character to acknowledge a mistake

>

> Plus typing the word "sorry" in addition to your

> long posts would have taken effort when you have

> clearly been unwell (sounds rough btw)

>

> Respect to you sir

If it wasn't that it would make me look unsympathetic, I would post a big smiley here.

Oh, sod it.

:))

Passiflora Wrote:

> Very strange, as the OP asked what was going on

> with this failed venture? How would they know it

> was a failed venture?

>

> I don't know where the place in question is i.e.

> SAUCY but I'm a bit lost with the recent replies.

There are previous threads on here about Saucy if you do a search.

Saucy is a new restaurant on Lordship Lane, on the corner where Curry Cabin used to be, which has not yet opened.

I would have thought the contents of this thread were fairly self-explanatory, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no apology then!!

DulwichFox Wrote:

> It opened for 3 - 4 days but as I understand it,

> the electrics failed.

>

> Should of been rewired before all the building

> works were carried out.

>

> Bit late now. Sounds like it will all need

> redoing.

>

> Its what happens when you take short cuts.