Autumn babies club (due Sept/Oct/Nov 2012)

hi ladies,

just to announce i had my little boy last weekend in Kings :) Baby Jude Collier 8lb3oz 6 days early and NOT the 10lb whopper they told me to expect

just to note for those still hatching - yet again a fantastic experience with the team there, had aMidwife Clemmie who was awesone! and supported POSTNATALLY by the Oakwood team and the great girls there (Jackie, Nathalie, Biz)

id love to stay in touch and meet up - RUTH? i met you as we were early labouring in the William Gilliat Ward. Hope it went well

If anyone fancies a coffee Mon/Tues as toddlerdaughter in nursery would love tomeet upin ED.KEEPWELL Nat Collier

Congratulations Nat and glad to hear it went well for you! Welcome baby Jude (I remember you saying that was the likely name - very sweet!). Good to hear you had good care in hospital and postnatally.

I finish work on Wednesday (thank goodness) then off to Cornwall for 10 days (with hospital bag just in case!), back in ED 1st October, due No 2 on 21st October - would be great to catch up with a few of you in October.

In the meantime, best of luck to the others - some more may have even been born by now!

Louise

Hello - I too am joining this group a bit late. Am expecting no 2 mid November as well, so would be happy/keen to meet other local mums (I am in ED), particularly those on no 2 and expecting in late autumn. Would love to do some meet-ups in October, and happy to organize a few as well!

Best, Regina

Hello! I would love to arrange a time to meet up, but having had my little guy at exactly 37 weeks, I am now

more likely to be available during the morning or afternoons. Would Mon the 24th at either 10.30 or 2.30 work for anyone?

Hope all are well, any new baby news from others?

Take care,

Kate

Congrats Nat on the latest new arrival on this thread! I'm still working so can't meet up during the day unfortch.

Can anyone tell me whether bringing your own pillows to Kings is a good idea. I was told by a zillion people to bring my own pillows (in coloured pillow cases so they don't get mixed up with hospital ones) to St Thomas's last time round, and actually I did find them comforting to have with me.

Are pillows still an essential on the hospital bag list? Any advice appreciated!

Hey ladies, well, it's my first proper day of maternity leave today and I'm pacing around the house making enormous lists and eyeing up things to paint, and it'd be great to meet up with anyone who's around during the daytime over the next couple of weeks? 10.30am on Monday 24th Sept looks good to me too, maybe we could do the 1st October as well rather than instead (I'm worried about cabin fever hitting in so keen to put as much in the diary as possible!)?

Becky x

Congratulations Kate - was a 37 week birth a bit of a surprise? I know I won't be ready so I need to get organised just in case!

I finish work tomorrow, but then off to Cornwall so I can't make the 24th.

However I could meet the following Monday 1st October if anyone fancies a coffee - I will however have my 2 year old in tow as she doesn't have nursery/nanny on Mondays.

Louise

Hi All just thought I would let you know about my little bundles arrival. Because of my gestational diabetes I was induced at 38 weeks so went into Kings last Monday. By 9am on the Tuesday I was 3cm dilated and at 1.55pm Hester Eleanor Anne was born weighing 6lbs 12oz. We had a lovely afternoon in the delivery room before being moved to down staires to the ward. Unfortunatly 1am on Wednesday morning Hesters blood sugars were low and she wouldn't feed so she was moved in the neonatal unit were she stayed until she came home on Monday. The care Hester had there was amazing but as they were so busy I was discharged on Friday and it was horrible leaving her there and going home. Any way she all fine and at home now which is wonderful. Once we are a little more sorted out I would love to meet up again and looking forward to hearing about some more new arrivals.

Joxx

Hi all,

A bit of late announcement but Oscar James was born on 8th September at Kings weighing 9lbs. Unfortunately, after a long and difficult birth, Oscar had to spend 2 nights in intensive care and then 3 days in the special care baby unit. All is ok now and we were so relieved to finally be able to bring him home!

I am around on Monday 24th Sept so can come along to the Gardens cafe to meet up with those that can make it.

Nat - glad to hear you all went well with the birth of your son Jude. I did wonder whether we'd bump into each other on the post natal ward!

Ruth x

Congrats Ruth! I was probably in special care at the same time as you! Glad all well now and Oscar is home.

George and Henry now both home too so count me in for Monday at The gardens however they usually feed about 10 do doubt will be there until 1130-12 (yes it does take that long!) so understand if you get bored of waiting but will show up anyway!

Love Ellie xxx

Hello ladies, I'd love to meet up with you but can't come this morning as I'm off to kings for my 32 wk scan, congratulations to all those who's babies have already arrived and hopefully I'll meet you soon.

Also I thought Id suggest the dish and the spoon cafe on Cheltenham rd (between ED and nunhead) as a good place to meet. Lots of buggy space and a little play area to keep older kids entertained (not open on Monday's though)

K