Winter babies club (due Dec 2012, Jan/Feb 2013)

Hi.

I'm a bit of a latecomer to this thread (a house renovation has mostly made me forget that I am pregnant!). However, we are expecting our second child in the third week of December - we already have a very cheeky 18month old son! We moved from Dulwich in July to Herne Hill. If there is still space on the 28th, I would love to come and meet you all. My husband may have to work but I'll know a couple of days beforehand.

Sarah

Hello lovely ladies,

Just a quick message to say that I have spaces available on my next Active Birth Workshop on the 16th December. The day starts at 10am and finishes at 5pm. It costs ?35 per person and includes lovely Organic lunch, cake, snacks and drinks. So far all mothers who have attended my workshops have had 100% natural births and have had very positive experiences. The day includes a session on waterbirth and one of the mothers from a prior workshop is coming by to share her birth story. The workshop is held at my home in Camberwell.

I was taught by Janet Balaskas and Michel Odent and am passionate about helping mothers achieve the birth they want.

Please PM me if you are interested. If enough people book then I shall be doing a workshop on the 2nd December as well as the 16th.

Thanks,

Charly.

Dear Winter Babies Club....just wondering if you could help me? I am a student at the Tavistock and am doing a module on infant observation. I need to observe a baby weekly from birth for up to 1 -2 years (in ED or surrounding area). If you know anyone that might be interested in the experience of having their baby observed then please let me know ... i would be most appreciative!

you can pm for further info / discussion.

Many thanks

Dee

Hello all,

Due to popular demand I have finally set a date for my January Active Birth Workshop (I know that some of you will have had your babies by then - please ignore this message if so.)

The date I am going with is the 20th January and I have two confirmed couples coming. I like to keep the classes fairly small so do PM me sooner rather than later if you are interested in coming.

The workshop costs ?35 per person and I would recommend that you bring your birth partner with you so that they understand the Active Birth principles and can support you with that in mind during the labour. The day runs from 10am to 5pm and we shall sit down and have a lovely home cooked organic lunch together as well as tea breaks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon. A couple from one of my previous workshops will come by to share their story and answer your questions. The workshop will be held at my home in Camberwell where there is plenty of free parking and public transport.

Please do PM me if you have any questions or would like to book.

Many thanks,

Charly.

Hello Everyone,

Nice to see some of you last night. Sorry to have missed others as well.

Hope that everyone is doing well?

As some of you are likely to be having your babies soon we talked about having the next meet up on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon so that the babies can come along as well. Not sure that we'll be able to get this in before Christmas so thought we could move this into the new year. Maybe have a meet up in early Jan?

I'll also try to set-up a facebook group for us so we can all swap baby photos easily as and when. Also it will probably help us to put names to faces etc. I'll send round the details when it's ready.

All the best

Tess x

You were both missed but it's got to be expected the closer we get I suppose! Not long now! I have to try not to think about it too much or it's a bit like clock watching. Very exciting.

It doesn't sound like the baby is making it easy for you Ramble :-) Hope all fours does the trick for you. Keep us posted.

No luck so far with either turning or moxi so will see what next week holds in store...! Probably lots of crawling and all fours too!

Hope you had a good birthday Charlotte.

FB group sounds good Tess, as does weekend meetup. I was also wondering who's on maternity leave? Mine started unexpectedly early today with all my 'bonus' hospital visits, so am now available for daytime coffees / lunches!

x

Hello Everyone,

I have set up a group on FB called 'Winter Babies 2012/2013'.

Any member can add or approve requests to be added by other people. Anyone can see the group but only

Members can see the posts so it's all private. I'll send an email to those who swapped details on the first meet ups for those who no longer check the forum. Just search and 'join' the group to start using it ;-)

Tess x