Has anyone in ED actually heard about the virus?

worldwiser

Thanks Malumbu, you're right -

As an add-on to my post to make it more informational I would like to say that for those that want to help keep people safe and reduce the likely death-toll of the virus, my advice is to share information like this article in the NY Times discussing virus impact by age bracket https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/health/coronavirus-young-people.html with anyone that you know who is still disregarding the social distancing advice.

• Administrator

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is a site for advice and help. Go to the

> lounge if you want to have wider discussions.

We appreciate what you're doing malumbu but threads will go off and on topic, I'd suggest that unless it's really wrong you leave it to the Admin team to police threads, we're used to making unpopular requests.

JohnL Wrote:

> The number of people in pubs is decreasing - I

> haven't been in a week - that's a 5 year record

> :)

>

> At some point though the isolation will get

> depressing for some people and this will be a

> problem.

Perhaps we need a virtual pub!

We could all sit at home with our drink of choice and make inconsequential chit chat over Zoom or something (not quite sure how that works, is it like Skype but like a conference call??)

Cheers!

Loulou Wrote:

> Hello

> If you can do one thing today

> Listen to this link, Switch on and Stay in. This

> is REAL!

>

>

> LL

Just listened to it.

Thanks for posting.

Hopefully it will make people realise that every time they unnecessarily leave their homes they are putting lives at risk.

At least the government has finally taken some action to close down some of the places where people were going.

Very very frightening indeed that this doctor's unit is already full, and things have scarcely started in this country.

Sue Wrote:

> Perhaps we need a virtual pub!

>

> We could all sit at home with our drink of choice

> and make inconsequential chit chat over Zoom or

> something (not quite sure how that works, is it

> like Skype but like a conference call??)

>

> Cheers!

Zoom is great for this and is totally free to use. We have already been arranging virtual pub nights with our friends this way. Having a supply of whatever your favourite tipple is, is necessary though ;)

It is a great way to face to face converse and musicians are also using it to do free online gigs.

Loulou Wrote:

> Hello

> If you can do one thing today

> Listen to this link, Switch on and Stay in. This

> is REAL!

>

>

> LL

This is what I have been trying to tell people for the last month! They have no idea what is coming. And it is those people who ignore the message, that require governments to take the draconian measures. Thank you for the link. We can all share it widely. And we can all understand the risk our front line workers are taking to keep us safe. Some of them will have children. All of them have people who love them. Some of them are going to pay the ultimate price. It's a sobering thought.

EPB - this beggars belief.

Southwark has one of the highest number of confirmed cases, this will only increase if the people of ED continue to go about their daily business as if nothing is happening.

Do we want to have the highest death rates?....NO....then it is quite simple....STAY IN.

Even if you are young and fairly resilient to this virus you could still be carrying it. Without realising, you could pass it on to ten others who could possibly pass it on to ten more. That is how this deadly virus will spread. Our doctors and nurses are under great strain at present trying to cope and risking their lives. Let?s do all we can to help them by not being thoughtless and selfish and self-isolating where possible. We?re being asked to stay at home sitting on a couch watching television and DVDs, possibly reading a book or magazine, so how hard is that? I daresay a short walk would be ok so long as there?s no contact with others, or at least 6ft between you. Parts of Europe are already in lockdown so it may be necessary for our Government to take similar action. At the moment we are being treated like sensible adults but not all of us fall into that category!

Don't know if anyone is interested in reading how I feel beeing positive .

---

Before cough etc I felt well tired for couple of days just lifeless

Diarrhoea for 3 days

Cough came after

Lack of appetite

More annoying cough almost 60sec at the time

Mostly during day randomly never in the morning

Then came fever 37.5?-39.5?

(3 consecutive days)

Chest pain

Shortage of breath

- that time called for help that never came

Been told to stay home !

Left to die!

With no access to help or chance to get out to get medications

I've done what the ambulance crew done to my child few years back

- ice cold bath for 3-5min

Temperature went down do ?37

Then up again

Same cold bath

Stabilized at 36.6?

Started feeling good and full of energy again

Cough still there

(10 days in by now )

Lost sense of smell

Literally can't smell anything for past 2 days

(Day 12)

Feel like my eyes want to pop out

Ave no sense of taste as well now

Humongous headaches

My eyes hurt

My chest hurt

Coughing almost half a day

Can't smell

Can't taste

But anxious due to overdose of amphetamine filled over counter drugs

(Cold and flu meds are filled with performance drugs! - to keep you on your feet ...

Learned that when I was tested positive at work for class A amphetamine when never tried it ... after reading I found out that bechams and anadin are filled with it )

2 weeks into the bagger I think I can survive

(Already made a cross over myself ...

As I have a chest condition - life threatening TB... still standing but I'm poorly can't get out and if I can I don't want to go to spread the fucker ! )

Food supplies on low

Self-esteem on its lowest

DWP takes it's time and asking tons of questions before any money comes in

Got a sick note

Cut out of the world and hope so far

That's my symptoms

My story

Everything feels like a movie theme ...

Stay home people

Its not a nice feeling

I'm a soldier who will fight till i die

(My love has it ...

My mum

My dad ..)

I feel tired

So tired now

It will end one way or another

I?m looking out of my window all day long at families, mid day, popping to the shop, buying ice lolly?s, meandering slowly down the street, stopping to talk to other families without distancing. People out with masks and protection walking carefully at distance and being taken over from behind by people not caring about distancing. An old lady sticking her head out of her gate with a letter to post at the postbox nearby, making a dash for it and a bunch of kids go running by having fun.

It all seems so wrong. An intensive unit nurse from Kings has killed herself today. Hospital staff are seeing things they should never see, things clearly a lot of us are failing to even imagine, are risking their lives for us and working crazy hours then coming home from their night shifts to see people sunbathing and gambolling around without a care in the world.

Please follow government advice to stay at home for everything except emergencies. It will keep you safe, it will keep others safe, it will save lives and at the very least it will show a bit of respect for the unfortunate, kind souls who have to go out to help fight this thing.

yeknomyeknom Wrote:

> An intensive unit nurse

> from Kings has killed herself today. Hospital

> staff are seeing things they should never see,

> things clearly a lot of us are failing to even

> imagine, are risking their lives for us and

> working crazy hours then coming home from their

> night shifts to see people sunbathing and

> gambolling around without a care in the world.

>

>

This is so scary. I'm so sad to hear that an Intensive Care nurse from Kings has killed herself today - such a wasted life.