Sainsbury?s stock

bsand Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's not either or....keep that music down though

> or you will get dobbed in on another thread!

Very true! I only tend to play my music really loud on weekends though, the neighbours have learned to put up with it and not to bother trying to poke their oar in.

Does anyone know if Sainsburys are selling fireworks at the moment? I'd like to have a big display tonight to celebrate VE Day, since we cannot celebrate in person/clos proximity.

PnB Wrote:

> Does anyone know if Sainsburys are selling

> fireworks at the moment? I'd like to have a big

> display tonight to celebrate VE Day, since we

> cannot celebrate in person/clos proximity.

Why on earth would sainsbury's be selling fireworks? fgs...

malumbu Wrote:

> I'm still chuckling several hours later. In these

> days need a good laff. As you put this as a

> plural is PnB a team effort?

Should be P'nB then surely?

Went to Sains last Wednesday morning to do a small shop and also to get a refund on a pack of fish my other half had bought earlier in the week. The pack of fish still had a sell by date of 9th May but when opened on the 6th May was uneatable.

I didn't have a receipt but went to customer services and showed a photo of the said item with sell by date but two members of staff still said I couldn't have a replacement and watched as I paid ?2 for another pack of the same fish that I'd brought to the customer services.

Been shopping at the DKH Sains since it opened over 20 years ago.

Clutterqueen Wrote:

> Went to Sains last Wednesday morning to do a small

> shop and also to get a refund on a pack of fish my

> other half had bought earlier in the week. The

> pack of fish still had a sell by date of 9th May

> but when opened on the 6th May was uneatable.

>

> I didn't have a receipt but went to customer

> services and showed a photo of the said item with

> sell by date but two members of staff still said I

> couldn't have a replacement and watched as I paid

> ?2 for another pack of the same fish that I'd

> brought to the customer services.

>

> Been shopping at the DKH Sains since it opened

> over 20 years ago.

So you queued to get into Sainsburys so you could go and argue for a refund you were not entitled to (as you had no receipt), for the sake of ?2?

Wow.

Every time i go and buy fags in Sainsburys I always seem to be caught in a rapidly expanding queue at the customer services till (which also sells the fags) as there is someone in their 50s or 60s, probably quite well off financially, doing this exact same thing- holding everyone up by arguing with a part time worker over the most petty of refunds. It is infuriating.

Why could you not just take the lost ?2 on the chin, as 'one of those things'? And why does it matter if you have shopped there for 20 years, do you expect a red carpet to be laid in-store upon your arrival, and staff to bend rules for you which would probably lead to them having disciplinary action taken against them?

PnB Wrote:

> Clutterqueen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Went to Sains last Wednesday morning to do a

> small

> > shop and also to get a refund on a pack of fish

> my

> > other half had bought earlier in the week. The

> > pack of fish still had a sell by date of 9th

> May

> > but when opened on the 6th May was uneatable.

> >

> > I didn't have a receipt but went to customer

> > services and showed a photo of the said item

> with

> > sell by date but two members of staff still said

> I

> > couldn't have a replacement and watched as I

> paid

> > ?2 for another pack of the same fish that I'd

> > brought to the customer services.

> >

> > Been shopping at the DKH Sains since it opened

> > over 20 years ago.

>

>

> So you queued to get into Sainsburys so you could

> go and argue for a refund you were not entitled to

> (as you had no receipt), for the sake of ?2?

>

> Wow.

>

> Every time i go and buy fags in Sainsburys I

> always seem to be caught in a rapidly expanding

> queue at the customer services till (which also

> sells the fags) as there is someone in their 50s

> or 60s, probably quite well off financially, doing

> this exact same thing- holding everyone up by

> arguing with a part time worker over the most

> petty of refunds. It is infuriating.

>

> Why could you not just take the lost ?2 on the

> chin, as 'one of those things'? And why does it

> matter if you have shopped there for 20 years, do

> you expect a red carpet to be laid in-store upon

> your arrival, and staff to bend rules for you

> which would probably lead to them having

> disciplinary action taken against them?

YAWN

"jog on and do one"? Haha, quality. You must have been watching 'Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels' or 'The Football Factory' recently. Is that what you say to the helpers you advertise for if they do not wash the dishes satisfactorily?

• 2 months later...

I've been shopping at Sainsburys for myself and family and a couple of vulnerable people who were and are still shielding. They had Iceland deliveries and were desperate for some Sainsburys items but in the situation over the past few months they had to make do if I couldn't get them.

Can't really fault Iceland as shopped for another person in the lockdown and found their instore service just as good as Sainsburys.

I'd say in the last month Sainsbury's stock has largely returned to normal, I no longer feel concerned about not being able to get stuff in for a week.

While it was very difficult in the early days of the lockdown, full credit to Sainsbury's for what they've done to ensure we've been able to get what we need to the point that I haven't queued to get in.