Sainsbury?s stock

gromit3:16 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> regarding queuing up, I don't think it's fair if

> we are queuing up for a good half hour and some

> people get to push in the que and go straight in

> the shop. They are not nhs workers and they don't

> look vulnerable. if you don't at the right time

> slot you should have to que up like everyone else.

I've seen NHS staff from Kings and Maudsley use their staff passes to gain access to the store.

So whilst there will be NHS staff working with COVID patients directly, and therefore working under extreme pressure and for long hours, there are also NHS staff (perhaps those ?pushing in? at Sainsbury?s) who are going into hospitals every day or making several home calls everyday who are putting themselves at risk to help us all out. I don?t think the majority of people understand that it?s not just critical care and ICU staff that are impacted; the entire healthcare system in London has rapidly undergone a huge reorganisation to move as many people out of hospitals as possible to free up beds and also move ?at risk? people out of situations where they could catch this virus. This has required huge amounts of dedication across the NHS, and has required NHS staff to put themselves in harms way in a manner the rest of us can only imagine as we isolate in our homes day in day out.

Surely these people deserve to save 20 minutes on their grocery shop every few days. Come on people, these criticisms are perverse and somewhat undignified.

FlatStanley Wrote:

> So whilst there will be NHS staff working with

> COVID patients directly, and therefore working

> under extreme pressure and for long hours, there

> are also NHS staff (perhaps those ?pushing in? at

> Sainsbury?s) who are going into hospitals every

> day or making several home calls everyday who are

> putting themselves at risk to help us all out. I

> don?t think the majority of people understand that

> it?s not just critical care and ICU staff that are

> impacted; the entire healthcare system in London

> has rapidly undergone a huge reorganisation to

> move as many people out of hospitals as possible

> to free up beds and also move ?at risk? people out

> of situations where they could catch this virus.

> This has required huge amounts of dedication

> across the NHS, and has required NHS staff to put

> themselves in harms way in a manner the rest of us

> can only imagine as we isolate in our homes day in

> day out.

>

> Surely these people deserve to save 20 minutes on

> their grocery shop every few days. Come on people,

> these criticisms are perverse and somewhat

> undignified.

Yes

Am I classed as 'vulnerable'? I am in the appropriate age bracket, of reasonable health but walk with a stick due to arthritis in legs and hips and prone to my legs giving away suddenly. I could probably queue for around 15 minutes. Did LL Sainsbury's today but need to go to DKH in the next few days to get heavier items such as bleach, disinfectant etc and a general stock up of stuff not in Local. Will take the car as not able to carry the items.

Should I go to front of queue ?

Pugwash Wrote:

> Am I classed as 'vulnerable'? I am in the

> appropriate age bracket, of reasonable health but

> walk with a stick due to arthritis in legs and

> hips and prone to my legs giving away suddenly. I

> could probably queue for around 15 minutes. Did LL

> Sainsbury's today but need to go to DKH in the

> next few days to get heavier items such as bleach,

> disinfectant etc and a general stock up of stuff

> not in Local. Will take the car as not able to

> carry the items.

> Should I go to front of queue ?

I don't fall into the vulnerable category so I don't know the specific times or hours, but surely someone will.

I believe the Sainburys opens to people who are vulnerable on Mon/Wed/Fri at 7am for people specifically like you. Can anyone else give confirmation on the times?

I'd suggest going during those times as you'll be more likely to get in and out in a timely manner.

You're a very negative person. They're not going to allow people in ahead of the queue without good reason. Just calm down.

gromit3:16 Wrote:

> I assume they were vulnerable as they never showed

> a nhs pass to shop worker, but they let them in

> anyway. It's not the point really as they

> shouldn't be allowed to push in the que when

> everyone is in the same boat waiting.

An elderly person recently asked about going to the front and was categorically told no. Even the Elderly/Vulnerable queue on those allocated days can still be in the queue in Edgar Kail Way.

Personally I'd try early evening after 6pm when it's likely for the queue to be shorter.

I would say though that although I was queuing today just as you enter the car park, the queues are faster since the one adult policy was introduced.

The time reserved for elderly shoppers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays is 8-9am.

Sainsbury's arrangement for the NHS is

"NHS and social care workers will be able to shop in our supermarkets for half an hour before they open, from Monday to Saturday. Anyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 07.30 to 08.00 on these days"

I didn't see anything on Sainsbury's website to say that either the elderly/disabled/carers or the NHS staff had priority at any other times.

I saw a sign saying nhs don't need to que, I thought the time for elderly and vulnerable was 7-9, but might be wrong.

if your using argos you go to the front door, tell the staff and they have a staff member bring you to argo to get your stuff.

> ......

> I didn't see anything on Sainsbury's

> website to say that either the

> elderly/disabled/carers or the NHS

> staff had priority at any other times.

Kiera, that does seem consistent and complete and rational. Thanks.

How about Click and Collect? Presumably no priority for anyone at non-concession times. Is there typically a long queue for it then? Or within a concession period? Is it even accessible then?

PS Have now seen: "Due to the huge increase in online orders, we're pausing new registrations for the time being."

That seems to rule C&C out for me as well. I think I may just knit myself a muesli facemask and stick with Lidl. There are only a few staples I rely on JS for anyway, every few months.

Just been to Sainsburys. Slightly over half an hour to queue / shop and pay (I used SmartShop as I normally do).

Stock much better than last time I shopped there - still some empty shelves and a limited choice of some items but I got everything I went in for. There was pasta and Carex liquid soap. Announcements said there are still limits on some items and to check shelf tickets but I didn?t buy any restricted items.

mrwb Wrote:

> Stock in small Sainsbury's on lordship lane had

> most normal stock I've seen in weeks today.

>

> Now if everyone just shop normally! It'll stay

> like that.

>

> Stop hoarding people!

In deed. Perhaps the two of us could play that kids game where you take it in trun going through the alphabet and memorising the previous foods.

I went to Sainsbury's and bought an avocado. Wow lucky you

I went to Sainsbury's and bought an avocado, and a bunch of bananas. Quick, dash off there now before they all go

I went to Sainsbury's and I bought an avocado, a bunch of bananas, some custard powder (really, are we running short of this now?) (Perhaps this post will go viral and there will be a rush)

I went to Sainsbury's and I bought an avocado, a bunch of bananas, custard powder and some dates (with all that home baking they are in short supply)

I went to Sainsbury's and I bought an avocado, a bunch of bananas, custard powder, dates and half a dozen eggs.

Eggs, do they have eggs? No. I bought the last lot, as I was down to my last five dozen....

(continue to Z, and then start again)

Sorry for the lack of creativity, but I haven't done any panic buying or hoarding so beyond eggs and flour I am not sure of what is not on the shelves, nor am I bothered. If we had all taken that attitude we wouldn't have created the shortages and Lidl would still have their bakery isle (the one thing that I do miss). There are four to feed in the house too, so I am not being a clever singleton so and so.

When you get to s, it has to be string, with fond memories of Tim Brooke-Taylor and the Goodies for the parody of the 70s oil crisis.

ianr Wrote:

> > An elderly person recently asked

> > about going to the front and was

> > categorically told no.

>

> Told by whom? And was any reason given or

> implied?

By the supervisor of the queue who is one of the managers. Reason given is that NHS only have priority.

It is all very well to give times i.e 7- 8 am for NHS/Care Staff but in reality as anyone who has worked a a carer is that 7 am - 10 am is the busiest time for them. I had carers in January following an operation and when hubby spoke to St. Christopher's Care Agency - he was informed that they would have difficulty getting to me early morning due to demand. I had 10.45 - 11.45 am care slot for assistance with personal care.

As a carer of a person with variable mental health needs, I rarely am able to get out of the house before midday as my cared for person is not always willing to get up and showered in the morning and needed prompting to wash and eat.

A family friend who is parti9ally sighted and prone to fits, does not use a white stick, went to his usual shop in Lewisham and queued, and was informed by the cashier that he should have gone straight to the front of the queue. I do not wish to do on line shopping as my priority is getting out of the house for a break and my once a week shop is something that I enjoy.

That is really encouraging. I have avoided Sainsbo's since lockdown as the queues look horrific and the company does not have a good rep. for logistics. I couldn't face the disappointment of queuing for half an hour (or more!) only to walk out with half the things on my list missing.

Is 15 mins a typical queue time?