Sainsbury?s stock

Soylent Green Wrote:

> Is 15 mins a typical queue time?

I can't say typical, as I've not been during lockdown until 10:30 this morning. The queue reached the nursery, and I was inside within 15 minutes. Stock levels were pretty good, with a few shelves rather than whole aisles were empty. eg No flour, no own-brand coffee beans.

Ginster Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hadn't thought of that. Didn't notice my

> numberplate come up so either off or I was too

> busy looking at the queue

The Starbucks is closed I guess anyway so I wouldn't waste 20 minutes there. So swings and roundabouts :)

JohnL Wrote:

> Ginster Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's 25 to 30 mins when queuing from the

> > roundabout (based on 2 times last 2 weeks)

> >

> and if you are parked it's still 2 hours maximum ?

The parking rule has been suspended for a while now.

The queue time from recent trips to Sainsburys was not as bad as the length of the queue suggested it might be.

Electric car parking space in car park to entry to the store = 10-15 minutes

Queue past the nursery, along the back of the car park and half way down the next lane = 25 minutes.

People tended to overestimate the 2m so when people were let into the shop the queue moved quite a way.

Once inside markings show 2 metres, though not everyone observes them, there were a few times I needed to wait while the person in front chose what they wanted. I didn?t see any queues to pay a cashier / self service / Smart Shop.

Only one adult per party is allowed in the store.

Entrance is via the main door, exit via the door in the centre of the store.

Stock is starting to return to normal - there were toiletrolls, tinned tomatoes (though only single tins), hand wash. Flour shelves were pretty much empty and in some items there wasn?t the usual choice of brands.

The queue outside is more noticeable but a shop probably takes only a little longer than you?d expect for a busy day when you have to queue to pay.

I had a delivery from Sainsbury's today (thanks v much) - but quite a lot of my order wasn't available - including semi-skimmed milk - I ordered a specific item/ brand (you have to) but allowed substitutions - apparently they didn't have 'my' semi-skimmed milk or any alternatives. Really?

I went this afternoon - probably about a 15/20 minute wait outside and good stock levels (apart from flour, peanut butter, tinned tomatoes, dry pasta, eggs (apart from quails eggs!) and kitchen roll - all empty shelves). So many Easter eggs!

gromit3:16 Wrote:

> still can't work out why there's never any anti

> bac hand sanitizer. I haven't once seen anyone use

> any.

>

> ques look like you'll be waiting a long time,

> Thursday I got in in around 14 minutes.

I got some hand sanitiser from Sainsbury's on Saturday afternoon. ?1.05.

Hope this isn't too silly a question, but I haven't been to Sainsburys since the lockdown began. I've been using corner shops but I'm finding most of them too crowded now. What is the etiquette for queuing? Do we pick up a trolley first or wait till we get to the entrance? Are there still restrictions on what we can buy?

Bic Basher Wrote:

> gromit3:16 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > still can't work out why there's never any anti

> > bac hand sanitizer. I haven't once seen anyone

> use

> > any.

> >

> > ques look like you'll be waiting a long time,

> > Thursday I got in in around 14 minutes.

>

> I got some hand sanitiser from Sainsbury's on

> Saturday afternoon. ?1.05.

Amazing!! Congratulations. I haven't seen one yet...

pearl1 Wrote:

> Hope this isn't too silly a question, but I

> haven't been to Sainsburys since the lockdown

> began. I've been using corner shops but I'm

> finding most of them too crowded now. What is the

> etiquette for queuing? Do we pick up a trolley

> first or wait till we get to the entrance? Are

> there still restrictions on what we can buy?

que up, no talking, 3 meter distance gap and take any trolley you see as you walk round car park.:-)

The queue isn?t as bad as it looks. As has been said it moves pretty quickly.

There are differing views of 2 metres (as a general rule I find it useful to think two trolleys or the width of a car space).

Keep moving when you can. The exit and cash machines have tape showing where to keep clear. If you can also keep clear the pedestrian steps / ramp into the car park which weren?t taped on my last visit anyone coming in will b able to observe social distance.

As for trolleys I saw people queuing with them and getting them at the entrance.

Once inside you might have to hold back if someone in front of you wants the same item (please don?t reach over them) but this wasn?t really a holdup. I didn?t see queues to pay.

It was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

Please wash your hands before shopping and say thank you to the staff. They are putting themselves and their family at risk to stay open for us. It looks like the lockdown is starting to have an effect but think about how many people you have contact with each day and how many they must. As you can pass on the virus without showing any symptoms we can all help slow the spread.

This might be obvious to most but unfortunately not all. I know of a shop worker who was abused for telling someone to join the queue - they?d walked past that and a sign saying only one person in the shop at a time and this was week 3 of lockdown. The second was a hospital worker who caught the infection, two members of the household caught it and he ended up on a ventilator. Seems to be on the mend and they intend to take him off the ventilator. So if we have to adapt to a new normal that seems a small price to pay.

Shopping accomplished! The staff were great, queues were short and moved fairly quickly. I can see why the restriction on numbers is necessary - you wouldn't want any more customers, than there were. I was anticipating it being a stressful experience like the weeks before the lockdown began, but not the case at all!

Thank you for tips and advice x

someone clearly over ordered Easter eggs, mountains of the things in DKH Sainsbo today all reduced by 90% and still no takers. Why don't they donate them to Kings College hospital for staff and patients to cheer them up, it would be a grand gesture.