Moan- Dog Poo!!

Sellena

As I was reading this a guy just put his 'bagged' dog poo in my green bin.

I ran out and confronted him. Got the typical dog owner response from him.

I have twice seen a woman with the same dog doing the same. Also confronted her and got the same

so what attitude.

Told them to use the Doggy bin on the corner of my road 30 mtres away. But no. too much trouble.

My front garden is tiny so the bin is by the wall/street.

The green bin only gets emptied every two weeks so this hot weather it gets smelly

when people put dog poo in it.

I have confronted a woman in Dulwich park about this when her dog pooed inside the gate

an Court Lane.

She told me to F*** off. The F****** dogs got to go somewhere..

..and it's not just Crystal Palace Rd.

Do not see many strays around here, so most of the dog mess is left behind by dogs with owners.

Fox

The majority of dog owners, like cyclists and those who like a drink, are socially responsible and do their best to clean up after their dogs

There is a small subset of any group who are anti social twats and upset the community (e.t.a. I did not know the word tw@t was unacceptable to the refined eyes of the forum)

I like dogs, and bikes and drink :)

And Gowlett Road.

Just come back from popping out and within the 15 mins I was out, some irresponsible owner allowed their dog to do a colossal mound of shit outside my front gate. I am seething! I am sure there were plenty of eye witnesses as many Gowlett people are doing house refurbs this sunny afternoon. If I only I had caught them!

Really does my head in!

Sellena do you seriously think that someone who is that anti-social is literate enough to read the forum? Whenever I had to clean the kid's shoes or pushchair wheels of poo I used to think that one of these days I would follow a fouler home, take note of the address and deposit the contents of the baby's nappy on their doorstep- just a thought.

Posted by Electrastar Today, 08:01AM

Report it to the council. They will clean it rapidly. If it continues, ask the council to provide a dog poop bin near the site. It may help.

If in Southwark, see

[www.southwark.gov.uk]

Having read this post - minimum ?1,000 council house tax hike for all dog owners

I second this! I also live on Playfield and have seen the guy who walks his dog late at night allowing it to roam and foul in our front gardens and street. Next time I will speak to him about it. If you see him he has a big staff and normally takes it out off the lead after 9pm.

Does anyone know why the logical policy of fining people who don't pick up after their dogs isn't in play?

Even if people cant afford the fine (or if we dont like fines and want a different disincentive) surely offenders could be required to turn up for a day of picking up other peoples discarded dog poos?

It costs the council money to clear it up, it costs the council to take the phone calls when we report dog mess that needs clearing..

VanessaPMR Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone know why the logical policy of fining

> people who don't pick up after their dogs isn't in

> play?

>

You can't fine someone if you don't know who it is.

If you know who is causing the offence (name/address and regular time of dog walking), contact Southwark and there is a chance something can be done about it.

To counter one or two of the rather ignorant posts on this thread, only one of the dozens of people I have fined for dog fouling has been illiterate. Educated people are perfectly capable of a complete lack of responsibility.

As for the ridiculous suggestions of ?1000 licences/ extra council tax, why punish the vast majority of law abiding dog owners?

The logical policy of fining people who don't pick up after their dogs is in play. Frustratingly, it is very hard to be in the right place at the right time to catch them. You lot could help by reporting offenders, giving as much detail as possible, so wardens can be in the right place at the right time to issue fixed penalty notices.

The number for the Peckham Rye Area Park Liaison Officer (who will quite happily fine dog foulers outside of his parks) is 07940 743929. Community Warden control room is 0207 525 5846. Please let them know where and when it is happening rather than just moan about it on here

uncleglen - having seen a number of literate-looking people letting their dogs dump and just walking away I am sure that some of them do read the Forum.

In partial defence of family pets, I used to regularly get piles of what looked like dog poo outside my back door. As there aren't any dogs in the surrounding gardens I can only assume it is the foxes. I am sure someone here knows the difference!

> As for the ridiculous suggestions of ?1000

> licences/ extra council tax, why punish the vast

> majority of law abiding dog owners?

Licences aren't punishment. They are a way of registering people that are causing an antisocial problem. The licence fee should cover the cost of dna registering the dogs so they and their poo can tracked back to the owner.

No-one is trying to punish dog owners - just get them to behave responsibly.

The current system isn't working.

TonyQuinn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As I have stated on more than one occasion on dog

> pooh related threads. We, the majority, have to

> pursue a policy of zero tolerance, extreme

> prejudice on all dogs and their owners. I'm afraid

> there's no other solution to this scar on society.

This is something you've repeated? And you're proud of it? Wow! just wow

I quite agree first mate. Am not sure what the answer is though. Presumably these people don't understand that there is a problem with their behaviour. How to persuade them that they should do things differently, and behave in a socially responsible manner?