Inside 72 - selling up

macroban

Dearest Patrons

I shall dearly miss your warm bottoms, witty chitty and clinky plunk. How I will long for greasy headrows and hair dye to be smeared upon my sides and back plates. Oh the times we have shared! For oncey time ago I was nowt morely than an after a kickings out plaything and confuzzle spot, ocasionally providing means of further flunged boozeltipping down necksies in lands afar aparts. But these few lasting months you have engathered me as a friend. A part of your throbbly fold. You have shared the intimatey's, the cackly chuckchuckles, buckloads of tears, a slighty thump or two and the rare splish of your emboozelment (Ha! What a drunkload i did get!). And now it seems it all muzzle come to large and teary ends. How I pains!

Well, I thank you and bide the lollyfolk a safe passage.

Thanking you again deary friends, Never has an old booze stop been happier.

You shall all be missed.

Farwell.

Outside72(a)

Nice to raise a glass to I72 last night- Sean, Citizen, David good to see you guys, Brendan, Hannah - good to meet you in person! I hope the party continued long and well after my ridiculously early departure?

Fuck yeah!

Best of luck to Steve and Bev in Porthcawl (being Welsh myself, I know they'll need it...)

I was there on the first night, and I was there on the last. And to hell with the Clapham wine bar that takes its place.

Hi Everyone

Just to answer a few of your questions:

*We will be bringing our own staff

*The walls are being painted (sorry)

*There is no curry or any other food for that matter (trust me, you don't want to try my cooking)

*There is however 2 for 1's. We do a daily happy hour which is 2 for 1 (5-8pm) on all of our cocktails and Peroni Rossa bottled beer

*We are aiming to open on Thursday

We will be a bit different to the other bars in the area so I hope you come in to give us a try.

Toby

"bit different" probably sums it up perfectly. This area doesn't need any more drinking venues that are a "bit different". What's really different about the place? Slightly longer stems on the pina colada glasses perhaps? Or maybe your Tom Cruise worshipping Australian bar staff can spin a cocktail glass for 0.4 seconds longer than those down the road.

God Bless Inside 72. RIP The best music playlist of any bar In London.

Adventure - sounds like a rehash of the old Be @ One I used to take bad dates to. With equally bad music and the worst Mojito on the planet.

Sorry - change is a constant but I'm finding it hard to get excited about a formulaic clapham cocktail bar. Especially given the independent gem of a bar it has replaced.

Toby - I have some questions:

- Will you be playing "ironic" Bon Jovi songs followed by horrific remix of Sweet Child of Mine and Destinys Child?

- Will you serve the worst Mojito in South London like Be @ One?

- How will people dance in there without losing body parts?

- Will you offer a rare and unexpecetd malt other than the Diageo Classic range?

Suprise me.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry - change is a constant but I'm finding it

> hard to get excited about a formulaic clapham

> cocktail bar. Especially given the independent gem

> of a bar it has replaced.

I have to say I agree.

Best of luck to the new place but I really can?t get excited about it unfortunately.

But that?s just me I have to be taken with a pinch of salt because I have a bad attitude and an inherent mistrust of anything mainstream. I blame my teachers, they probably didn?t breastfeed me or summat.