mugged and beaten up!! (on the train)

Liz84

hello... my boyfriend was beaten up and mugged quite badly yesterday on the train from east-dulwich to gipsy hill at about 6.00pm by two men one in roughly mid-fourties and the other mid-twenties. The took his wallet and phone etc...and beat him and he has probably broken his jaw... he thinks that these two guy were probably on the train on purpase to do this.... did anyone else see them?? anyway.. be careful !!!

Liz84,

Sorry to read about your boyfriend's plight, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

The ages of the robbers are very unusual,suspects are usually aged between 13 & 19 years.

I hope they are caught asap. The attack sounds vicious and nasty!

A big deterrant is needed to be honest in cases like this - the last few attacks on trains/tubes seem to have been sent down for a while.

Three girl muggers caught mind - maybe a bit young for the ones mentioned on here previously.

http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/southlondonpress/southwark/tm_headline=teen-girls-arrested-after-attempted-robbery%26method=full%26objectid=20424725%26siteid=50100-name_page.html

I'm really sorry to hear that. I think however the police are looking out for these men. My boyfriend was also mugged (though later, around 8 PM) at the gipsy hill stop on his way back to ED and was threatened though thankfully not beaten (this was about 6 months or so ago). He unfortunately had his laptop with him at the time and they stole it. When he reported it to the police they said they had several similar reports and were attempting to catch this man/men. Speedy recovery to your boyfriend

oh my lord Im so sorry to hear this.. I was on the 6.10 from LB to GH and nothing so can only assume it was a different train.

I have just moved to opposite GH station and I must say I dont feel safe and am beginning to regret my decision..

Anyway I will keep an eye out for you and again Im really sorry and hope he mends quickly..

J

This is completely frightful. The poor unfortunate man. His confidence must be shattered. The people who did this are animals.

What part near the station looks posh Mr Chin? Gipsy Hill is indeed a dreadful toilet of a place, I agree with Mr Snorky. They should build a wall around it and guard it with sub machine guns. Actually, Norwood is horrid too. Could we not have a great big wall around Gipsy Hill, Norwood, and Brixton and Peckham as well?

Er... actually, why don't we just create a huge gated development called Dulwich (SE21 and SE22). We could get some great big dogs and athletic testosterone fueled security men wearing combat trousers and large boots. I should imagine that the security men would have enormous rough skinned hands and very short hair...

OHMYGOD! I have drunk that last glass much quicker that I thought, I will just go and lie down for a while...

As with everyone (including DM) my thoughts go out - it's an awful thing to happen to anyone and the repercussions can be the worst part - hopefully a speedy recovery and maybe join the forum at the next drinks for a bit of humanity-faith-restoration therapy?

PeckhamRose - As a long term reader of DulwichMum I'm aware that here posts are rarely "on-topic" but are often just the tonic for anything bad going on in life. It is satire after all and even if the victim in this particular case is still feeling shaky, it can be therapeutic to have some levity in even the grimmest of situations. And she will have seen more from the "grim" side of life than most of us, believe me

If we are to censor or "advise" DM to amend her posts then we will be in a situation where any humour/satire will be as cutting as the that found in Saudi Arabia. Songs such as "Dear God" would be shelved lest they cause offence to recently attacked Christians (or somefink)

(all that said I',m assuming you are aware that DM is satire by now? The fact that people might take here posts as seriously as say.. Louisa's is frightening)

• 1 month later...
Gipsy Hill is a such lovely Conservative Ward, loads of very, very nice people and hardly a bad word to be said about it. The local councillors are always out an about fighting crime. They say it is the greatest place on planet earth and very safe. They want lots and lots of security.