Scotland - Independence Referundum

Marmora Man

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 54% No, 46% Yes

I'm hoping for the same but a tad higher on the No side. I'm worried. We're only 24 hours from becoming another Portugal....but without the weather..... royally fecking it up not just for ourselves but for the rest of the UK.

I'm already proud to be Scottish. We already have a strong and enviable identity and our own parliament. The union is a proven success both sides. We fought slongside each other in two world wars. We contribute reciprocally to a stronger, more stable UK which more than punches above its weight at a global level. We risk losing all of that to become weaker, less secure and without a clear economic policy.

Heads not hearts people.

Vote NO.

that was an all or nothing gambit by andy there, our love of him this side of the border already a bit half-fearted.

If he'd been either English or likeable he'd have been a peer of the realm by now!!!

That's a point, will resident scots have to give their peerages and knighthoods back?

El Pibe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> that was an all or nothing gambit by andy there,

> our love of him this side of the border already a

> bit half-fearted.

> If he'd been either English or likeable he'd have

> been a peer of the realm by now!!!

>

> That's a point, will resident scots have to give

> their peerages and knighthoods back?

I am surprised Sir Sean hasn't given his back yet with his ardent SNP support, maybe he could give it back with all that tax he's not paid for years whilst telling us (or soon to be them?) what to do

Yes voters have been portrayed as being loud anti-English despots, when in fact culturally it's not unusual for Scottish people to be fired up by pretty much most things, and for it to be politics is great for democracy. These people obviously for a whole variety of reasons feel an independent nation could do better than one connected to the union. I don't agree, but I do understand why and if the scots vote for independence I wish them all the luck in the world. I just wish Salmond was not connected with any of this stuff, his smug self righteous politics are more about himself than his country.

Louisa.