Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

Hi ladies,

I thought I should re-check our booking and so looked back through the thread to see how many people might be coming tomorrow evening. (I've been telling my hubby it's about 8-10 people) however check this list out at the bottom of my post! - 19 of us!

I just checked with the EDT and the area is still booked and it can hold that many people so we're fine. They are serving food (I'll probably grab some food) and it's booked under "Ginny".

Same area as before, so if you come in the main doors, go to the right of the bar and into the next "room" (on way to ladies toilets) and then it's the alcove just inside that room on the right - hopefully that makes sense. Otherwise look out for the large group of ladies or ask at the bar!

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I should be there from 7pm.

Any newcomers to this thread - feel free to join us!

List below (apols if I've missed anyone who said they're coming, 5 pages of posts to read through!) :o)

Me

Astrid83

Higgles

lstickler

Sals12

Hollysamantha

Sashabella

MarleneG5S

Furners78

Ellianna

PhillyIlly

LollyED

Julesonline

BellendenBear

Mikimoo

CatB99

Mbr

Whittinr

Wooly

Hello and congratulations to everyone. I was looking for pregnancy goya and I came across this thread. I am expecting my first on 23 July. I would love to join the meeting tomorrow evening. Thanks for organizing it, Ginny. looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

There's a new Antenatal Course starting in May which you might want to look at. It's run by the NCT and is called Birth and Beyond. The focus is on preparing you and your partner for the arrival and first months with your new baby/ies. The course runs for 12 hours over 6 evenings and is ?170.

Venue is The House Gallery SE5, so not far from East Dulwich. 4 spaces left on this course.

Thought you'd like to know about this as it's a new course, the focus will of course be on the birth but with much more time spent on preparing for life after the baby arrives.

Info on this course from me or [email protected] or the main NCT website: nct.org.uk

All the best

Hi all,

So lovely to meet so many other mums-to-be in ED yesterday! Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to speak to everyone, but hopefully will do next time. Thanks again Ginny for organising and Astrid for suggesting!

There was some talk yesterday about setting up a group on Facebook/Google/Yahoo etc so I chatted to the Family Room Moderator who suggested a closed Facebook group, as that is what other Babies groups have done. So I have set one up.

It's a closed group so it won't be public but the fact that you have joined may appear in your own friend's newsfeeds, depending on the privacy settings you have for your own page. Also, people don't need to be 'facebook friends' to join but I think that I just have to add you to the group. I'll PM you all today with the name and link to the group. You should all be able to just request to join the group. Or if you have any trouble after that, just PM me with your name and let me know what your profile piccie looks like so I can add you and I don't add the wrong person. Anyone in the group can then post and it will stay private to the group. Also we can then make anyone of us group managers to help moderate the group.

Not sure what people think - Moderator said was a good solution but we can always use something else? Sophia, would your hubby suggest something else maybe?

Sorry for the essay!!

Jenny x

Hey - thanks for organising the FB group Jenny - I will check out my privacy settings and then sign up.

I'm due in June so would be up for a smaller meeting (as well as a repeat of the full summer babies club meet) - I found the whole thing pretty useful as I don't know many mums-to-be!

Thanks, Lou