Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

Hi all,

Due 31st July so technically could be August. I would love to hear more about the Epi-no. My midwife recommended I get it as pretty bad tear about baby number 1 but I was a bit unsure, glad to hear it works and will defo get one now. I have a 3 year old and am defo up for meeting for coffee.

Cheers

Catherine

oh how exciting lots of august mums!!

I'm around this bank holiday weekend as well, shall we do a meet up at 10:00 at the Gardens

http://www.thegardensdulwich.com/index.htm

I've just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes (again!!) which means I'll be induced at 38 weeks so will be more like first two weeks in August now that i give birth

I can give more detail around the epi-no if anyone wants to know more :)

Am around on 21st as well

Claud x

Hey, 21st at Clockhouse sounds perfect! Thanks for booking Philippa! I think the events manager of the clockhouse posted on here a few weeks ago - she may be able to recommend a good area inside.

Looking fwd to it!!

Jen xx

Congratulations to the 2013 summer mums, I am a 2012 summer mum..can't believe it's been nearly a year, it goes really fast!

Just wanted to post here about the Dulwich NCT branch nearly new Summer sale..details below. I found this sale fantastic last year and highly recommend.

Summer Brixton, Dulwich and Streatham Branch Nearly New Sale - Saturday 11th May 2013

This is a great opportunity to buy nearly new baby equipment, clothes, toys and books for babies and young children at bargain prices, and support the work of the NCT.

The sale will be held at St Faith's Community Centre, Bottom of Red Post Hill, London, SE24 9JQ from 11am until 1pm

Entry is ?1.50 for adults, children are free plus free entry for all from 12.30pm. Members who bring their membership card receive priority entry for the first 15 minutes. Payment by cash or cheques only.

After a fantastic debut term Daisy Birtihing classes return on the 13th May , with all mummies to be renewing for a second term to really ensure we continue to work on the inner birthing muscles.

Want to know more ............

Daisy Birthing has a unique take on birth preparation and is so much more that a breathe stretch and relax class.

Classes include a range of more conventional techniques combined into a 1hr 15 min class which allows mums to learn as they move.

Daisy birthing has combined :

* Yoga inspired movements

* Traditional Active Birthing

* Birth Breathing Education

* Key Birthing Education

Classes will build muscle memory and help you find intuitive techniques to help you enjoy a more comfortable birth experience.

Classes cost only ?55 for a six week term and missed classes CAN be carried over.

Spaces are limited, please contact Nadine for further info.

Tel : 07554 762 933

Email: [email protected]

Hey Philippa, I've just booked the usual spot in the EDT from 7pm on 21st. Can always cancel if ppl would rather try somewhere else... I gave them your name as won't be there until after 8:30 - starting NHS antenatal classes at Dulwich hospital that evening. Anyone else on the same course? (Feels like a bit of an overdose with NCT as well!)

Eimear x

Thanks Eimear - plus see you at NCT tomorrow.

I have only just been finding out about the NHS classes - so might see what you think before going for those as may well be some repeat of NCT?

Tortor - I think you're due 2 days before me (I'm 12th July) so would be good to catch up at the next drinks and compare notes!

Yes see you tomorrow Ginny and see you on 21st then Marlene! I know what you mean about overkill - I've just signed up for a hypnobirthing course as well - talk about a glutton for punishment! (Between the courses/midwife appts etc. being pregnant's beginning to feel like a full time job!! Lol!)

Hi all

I am having my baby in the middle of July and having some pelvic pains.

I have been recommended to do a antenatal yoga or pilates classes.

Does anyone know any in the area? has to be after 5 or weekends as i am still working.

Thanks in advance