side effects post vaccine

NewWave

Medscape is a commercial publisher. It is owned by WebMD - Wiki notes these criticisms of this publisher

The New York Times

Writing in The New York Times Magazine in 2011, Virginia Heffernan criticized WebMD for biasing readers toward drugs that are sold by the site's pharmaceutical sponsors, even when they are unnecessary. She wrote that WebMD "has become permeated with pseudo-medicine and subtle misinformation."

Vox Media

Julia Belluz of Vox criticized WebMD for encouraging hypochondria and for promoting treatments for which evidence of safety and effectiveness is weak or non-existent, such as green coffee supplements for weight loss, vagus nerve stimulation for depression, and fish-oil/omega-3 supplements for high cholesterol.

I cannot confirm these criticisms, nor say they relate also to Medscape - but in reading Medscape you may wish to note its stable companion.

The source is commercial, it is neither academic nor specifically medical (i.e. not from those involved in medical research or provision of medical services) save as a commercial publisher of information targeted at medics.

Why are people using this thread to spew anti-vax propaganda? Should all be banned from this thread imo.

Anyway, back to the actual topic at hand... day 4 after my mum had her vaccine and all side effects have gone away. She only felt sick for one day and now she?s back to her usual self.

Having reported on 4 members of my family receiving the Pfizer vaccine, only one of whom suffered some side-effects, (most likely because he had been exposed to covid last year), today I had my jab. My friend and her daughter (serious auto immune issues)had theirs yesterday. For me and my friend - AZ vaccine. Slightly sore arm and not feeling 100% but I am ok. My friend who had covid and it became long covid is still experiencing side-effects 24 hours after the jab (rash, temperature, flu symptoms). Her daughter who, unlike us, was given the Pfizer vaccine is ok so far.

Ronnijade Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why are people using this thread to spew anti-vax

> propaganda? Should all be banned from this thread imo.

Agreed - I think it's disgraceful. If you have concerns about medicines then fine, but keep them to yourself (or at least stick to the facts) rather than irresponsibly spreading misinformation. The sad fact is, people will DIE as a result of reading this nonsense and unfortunately believing it. I only hope that the readers of this forum can see through this dangerous and selfish behavior, and apply some common sense.

A few people I know have reported side effects (particularly AZ) but that is not uncommon for vaccines, is it? It is good to be prepared for such things. But there is no conspiracy here.

"Pro-vaccine" isn't really even a thing. We should refer anti-vaccine as "pro-death".

alice Wrote:

> if they are doctors...honestly....just weird.

Not all medical doctors are geniuses. I personally know one or two with the common sense of a mushroom. They studied hard and got the grades.

There has been some suggestion that side effects are more marked if the person being vaccinated has had Covid-19. (And, as a corollary, for those that have had a second vaccine that their side effects have been worse than when they had the first).

Perhaps those who have had significant side effects (worse say than a partner) could include with their feedback whether they have had, or suspect they've had, Covid already. My partner and I (both vaccinated together, neither, we think, have had Covid-19, or at least not symptomatically) had limited (12-15 hours) 'feeling rough' before returning to normal.

fishbiscuits Wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------

> "Pro-vaccine" isn't really even a thing. We should

> refer to anti-vaccine as "pro-death".

I'm pro-choice and will not be bullied by the pack to "protect" us all and I'm far from alone. We would not need desperate Videos targetted at the BAME community and now the Queen, combined with banning all debate about the vaccine is making people more suspicious.

If you want to trust a new drug, go for it and be "protected" I will take my chances.

I suppose you think it's ok to force experimental mRNA on people with dementia who cannot consent

https://www.bitchute.com/video/On9YBRY7q6EK/

Penguin68 Wrote:

> There has been some suggestion that side effects

> are more marked if the person being vaccinated has

> had Covid-19. (And, as a corollary, for those that

> have had a second vaccine that their side effects

> have been worse than when they had the first).

>

> Perhaps those who have had significant side

> effects (worse say than a partner) could include

> with their feedback whether they have had, or

> suspect they've had, Covid already.

Excellent idea!

And also updates in symptoms after the 2nd jab would be helpful I feel

elloriac Wrote:

> I had the Pfizer vaccine last night, slightly

> tender at injection site but no otherwise fine.

just dont go there again and you should be fine.

anyone.....

Update re: side effects. I had my AZ jab Friday morning. No ill effects all day but overnight really felt unwell with chills, sore arm, nausea, aching joints, feeling weak and generally unwell. Slight cold symptoms. Didn't feel ok-ish until later on Saturday afternoon. Not sure if the nausea and bout of vomiting was to do with the jab or coincidence. All ok now. The medic in the family who'd had a similarly bad reaction to first Pfizer jab had the second one yesterday and so far so good. No ill effects.

first mate Wrote:

> What age group is being vaccinated in area at the

> moment? Are any under 65's without health issues

> bing seen and if so, where?

Tessa Jowell centre have been vaccinating the over 50s (no health conditions) for a couple of weeks now.

first mate Wrote:

> What age group is being vaccinated in area at the

> moment? Are any under 65's without health issues

> bing seen and if so, where?

Over 60?s now being vaccinated. Can book online with your NHS number. I got the NHS letter yesterday & booked for pharmacy in Norwood next week. Would have liked to go to the Tessa Jewell Centre as that?s so close but that?s not available online.

Beware psychosomatic/anxiety effects - I'll definitely be having them as I can feel aches coming on after receiving my text to go in and have the vaccination.

I'll update how I feel next week though - hopefully I'll say none.

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Tessa Jowell centre have been vaccinating the over

> 50s (no health conditions) for a couple of weeks

> now.

Thats me - appointment next week :)

JohnL Wrote:

> Beware psychosomatic/anxiety effects - I'll

> definitely be having them as I can feel aches

> coming on after receiving my text to go in and

> have the vaccination.

>

> I'll update how I feel next week though -

> hopefully I'll say none.

I'm sure you'll be fine! I was expecting all sorts of side effects and thankfully the ones I had were minimal and bearable.

Had my first vaccine on Saturday at Tessa Jowell - fantastic experience, lovely staff.

I had Covid back in May, so was braced for side effects.

In the end, felt no worse than a bad hangover. Lots of aches, pains, fatigue yesterday. Sweats overnight last night, but feel pretty much back to normal now.

Incidentally, for those of you who are yet to have their jab (or set to have their second one) you can prebook a free ride via Pedal Me:

https://pedalme.app/

Use code LDNRIDETORECOVERYMARCH - got me there in three minutes flat!