side effects post vaccine

NewWave

Thanks for sharing IlonaM - at least somebody from the BBC eventually says that side effects do exist and can be harmful for some, although they may vary enormously. Cases of death or permanent damage are extremely rare. But... when there are chances you can be one of those rare individuals the perspective is quite different.

As far as I am concerned at the moment my immune system may be able to kill an army of Coronaviruses and by accident killing me too as I am over stressed with moving house - yes yes yes, that is amazing! no real necessity in doing it now, but it pleases both myself and my live in landlord's love affairs and extended family bubbles, good for him he has found love during the pandemic with a fianc?-carer full of verve! and for myself to since I have found a self contained small flat where I can move around without wearing masks while just heading to the kettle. The last twelve months have been really difficult and I wish everybody else clinically vulnerable and trapped in similar domestic circumstances to be able to find alternative accommodations for the future as the problem is not going away.

Meanwhile I have agreed with a hospital consultant and with my GP further investigations into the frequent overreactions of my immune system to some drugs and some food. It is just a simple blood test and although it will not give the definitive answer in relation to when and if getting the Covid vaccine, it can at least help to understand possible side effects later on or how to treat me in case I get a sever Covid infection.

Meanwhile I will have an antibodies test with the Gov kit sent by post so that I can make myself and others more aware in case I had asymptomatic Covid in the past. I think I will ask the nurse at my GP practice if he can help as I may not have the courage to prick my finger... has anybody done this yet?

I had my First Pfizer shot mid Feb-aside from a sore arm for a couple of days only other side effect was feeling very tired the next day and slight headache.

2nd shot-Pfizer yesterday evening

I feel like I have the flu-aching all over and tired.

intermittent headache and shivers.

Helped by having a Lemsip.

grateful to have had my 2nd dose!

I guess you must be in a very small minority, myself and my Boomer friends have had both Pfizer jabs and none of us has had any symptoms whatsoever.

My wife and her friends who are quite a bit younger have had the AZ vaccine and none had any symptoms either.

tomdhu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I guess you must be in a very small minority,

> myself and my Boomer friends have had both Pfizer

> jabs and none of us has had any symptoms

> whatsoever.

>

> My wife and her friends who are quite a bit

> younger have had the AZ vaccine and none had any

> symptoms either.

I think to talk about a "very small minority" you would have to have a rather larger sample of people with no symptoms than you and your wife and your friends 🤣

I know people who have had very bad reactions and also people who have had no symptoms at all, but I wouldn't presume to draw any conclusions from such small numbers 🤣

Bottom line - prepare yourself for a day or two of chills, aches and general zonked-outness and if not, then that's a bonus. (There are those who say that preparing yourself for such, though, heightens the chance you will feel the side effects or even invent them, but take your pick.)

I had AZ on Friday.

Initially I started to feel warm with a sore arm, which then turned from going from chills to feeling hot and didn't sleep on Friday night into Saturday.

Saturday (Day 2) was the worst with classic mild flu symptoms and all I could do was rest.

Sunday started off much like Saturday with continual achy legs, although I no longer felt hot and generally zonked out, but improved by the evening.

Today I still felt zonked out, but with the added bonus of hallucinating first thing this morning, I still felt zonked out throughout the day although tonight I feel the most alert since before taking the vaccine.

Had first Moderna jab on Wednesday morning. A little arm soreness on Weds evening - and on Thursday, it felt like I had done a big arm workout with heavy weights. Not painful enough to stop me doing anything but definitely noticeable when I moved. Today, Friday, it's loosened off again and no other symptoms

i had my first AZ jab yesterday at midday. Felt fine all day but woke up at 1:30am this morning with a fever, flu like symptoms, aching all over. Paracetamol has helped a bit but feel totally wiped out today, back and leg pain, fever and chills, groggy. hope tomorrow will be better!

Applespider Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Had first Moderna jab on Wednesday morning. A

> little arm soreness on Weds evening - and on

> Thursday, it felt like I had done a big arm

> workout with heavy weights. Not painful enough to

> stop me doing anything but definitely noticeable

> when I moved. Today, Friday, it's loosened off

> again and no other symptoms

You're the first local person I've heard of to get the Moderna. Are you fairly young (apologies for the intrusion)? I was under the impression that such exotic treatments were now being reserved for the under 30s or something...

Sadly not. In the latest batch of over-45s so just booked online. Decided on Guys as it was an easy train ride to London Bridge and I had a couple of things to do in town. And when I arrived, it was Moderna being doled out. I would have accepted any of them!

Another friend got hers in Wimbledon on the same day and also got Moderna. But I know two others who got AZ this week. I think it?s very much down to whatever your centre has on the day.

I got my first dose of AZ at the Waldron Health Centre at New Cross on Friday. No noticeable side effects other than a splitting headache at about 9am the next day (which isn't something that is usual for me, so may have been connected).

When I had my 2nd AZ jab. the nurse who did it asked about side effects (I had none) but mentioned that my daughters aged 35 and 45 both had 2 days of feeling unwell. Nurse was saying that of those who she had seen, was that the 'older' patients 65 plus seem to have a less reaction than younger folk.

I had my first AZ dose yesterday afternoon. By the evening I felt tired and a little nauseous. Over night I had aching legs and back, headache, woke at 2am really really cold and then at 4am I was feverish and sweating buckets. Now feeling a bit washed out and tired but otherwise fine.