Fine for enterting no entry zone in Peckham (Lounged)

seanmlow

Just gotr a fine for apparently going into a no entry zone between Heaton Road/Rye Lane.

The only one I am aware of is the bus lane which you can't go down. Also, the entry to Heaton Road is blocked off.

DOes anyone know of any other no entry roads around there???

Sean I have too been fined here. Basically, and here's the rub, you are not allowed to go across the lights at the bottom of Rye Lane - you have to make the left turn up round the one way (Copeland Road) then go down Consort to Nunhead Lane - madness I know. There is a sign I'm afraid. The area of road you are not allowed in is about 3 meters long but that does not matter!

My wife & I were pinched for the same "crime" but I went back to the scene, the photographic evidence was 200 yards short of the junction and, at that time, there was only one "No Entry" sign, I challenged the fine and Southwark Council backed down. However, they did then put up a second "No Entry" sign to make the need to turn off more obvious.

Thanks for the responses on this. It's so tricky when you move to a new area and are not too sure on the roads. Really gutted about this as I always obey the law! Never mind hopefully my angry dad can post me the letter so I can pay it in time to get the discount.

You would think if so many people were getting fined at the same place the logical thing would be for the council to sign post it more blatantly. I mean it is surely not in their interest to go collecting punitive monies from the public. Fines are just there as a deterrent.

So many cars go down that way I bet they make a mint each day. It's a disgrace. You can't see road markings at night at all and if a bus is closely in front of you it's a bit tricky to see road signs. I am officially annoyed as if the council don't charge us enough council tax anyway. It's hardly a dangerous driving conviction yet it's the same as a speeding ticket.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You would think if so many people were getting

> fined at the same place the logical thing would be

> for the council to sign post it more blatantly. I

> mean it is surely not in their interest to go

> collecting punitive monies from the public. Fines

> are just there as a deterrent.

I take it this is irony?

I'm BOUND to say that if you are THAT close to the bus you are a danger to yourself and the bus (regardless of how commonplace it is)

The fact that it's in Peckham remind me of the time the council put in self-raising bollards to stop cars using the bus lanes - look ma, no revenue!

That didn't stop idiots pranging their cars as they tried to ride the coat-tails of the bus mind you... I don't think they didn't know about the bollards - I think they were chancing it

Sometimes you can't help being boxed in a bit that was all I meant and yeah maybe I could have been a bit close. I'll pay it cos I know that I was in the wrong all I am saying is "HOW BLOODY ANNOYING!!!" - it's not like it's a deliberate no entry street where you know you can't go down it - it's a matter of 3 metres of road. Won't be making that mistake again! It's basically like pouring money down the drain and I work in media for Christ sake - we earn very little!