Seen Anyone Famous In East Dulwich?

fish

I thought I saw that Gok Wan bloke off the telly recently but thought "naaahh he wouldn't be down here" then tonight his new show had a whole load of shots done in Dulwich Gallery....my missus watches it, I wasn't looking at boobs honest

solstice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lorraine Chase in Sainsburys dog Kennel Hill, is

> she a resident of Dulwich? I also saw her power

> walking round the Elephant and Castle a couple of

> months ago.

She grew up in Peckham and for many years lived on Camberwell Grove.

• 4 weeks later...

I think most 'celebrities' are just normal people really, I'm sure they're lovely when you meet them. I've met that thingy wassisname from Stereophonics a few times when I worked up in Camden and he was lovely.

Except Paris Hilton, I don't believe for a second she actually exists, I think she's either entirely photoshopped or an animatronic puppet.

mockney piers Wrote:

> Except Paris Hilton, I don't believe for a second

> she actually exists, I think she's either entirely

> photoshopped or an animatronic puppet.

Oh, let me assure you MP, she exists alright. As I know to my cost.

There I was on the slightly wonky pin table, in that pub over by Albert Bridge, and who should come up and goose me?

You're probably well ahead of me, it was Paz.

We of course fell into conversation, and naturally I plied her with sticks of mild and large bumpers of creme de menthe.

As the evening wore on, she assured me she would effect an introduction to Lionel Ritchie, through her pal Nicole.

I made no secret of the fact that my intention was to c@nt him off for that ludicrous video he made with the blind woman and his lumpy clay face. I thought we had an agreement.

Any way, a couple of days later in that pub, you know the one, this side of the river near Chelsea Bridge.

You know, with the pleasant Australian barmaid with the acne and the graffito 'SO WAS THE TITANIC' on the condom machine.

The Duke? The Prince? The Butchers Arms? Something along those lines.

Any way, there she is with the dart's team, taking on all comers for two's-up and double tops.

I take her aside and asked for Ritchie's contact details only to be informed that she and Nicole had had a falling out the night before.

Apparently Nicole had seen some video footage of PH, which lead her to intemperate use of the word 'slag', causing no little offence to the heiress. Hilton claimed that Carlberg Special Brew played a large part in a her former friend's diatribe.

The up shot of it all was that I am down several quid in drinks for sillybollocks Hilton and Lionel Ritchie remains blithely unaware of my opinion of that shite video.

And some would have you believe there's a God. Jesus.

SimonM Wrote:

> I think Pete & Dud this kind of thing much more

> funnily all those years ago with their "Bloody

> Greta Garbo!" sketch! >:D<

I don't know Simon, I just bumped into Barry Cryer in Somerfield and he reckons you're talking bollocks.

AllforNun Wrote:

> er still no ?

Hmm AFN, I've just had a chat with Biddy Baxter in the Barry off-licence (and yes I glanced in her basket, a barbecue chicken pizza, two chickpea salads and seven large bottles of Stella, since you ask) and she thinks you're either making an anagrammatical reference of some sort to Ben Stiller, or you're being wilfully obscure.

I take the more charitable view that you're being enigmatic.

Or do I?

• 1 month later...

mockney piers Wrote:

> I think most 'celebrities' are just normal people

> really, I'm sure they're lovely when you meet

> them. I've met that thingy wassisname from

> Stereophonics a few times when I worked up in

> Camden and he was lovely.

I encountered Hugh F-W @ the RSA back end of last year, and he was terribly 'you're not important so I don't need to speak to you or even acknoeldge your presence' towards quite a few people around me (who were all attending a screening of a film he was promoting, and were mostly fellows of the RSA, and included quite a few film-makers and environmental activists etc., so not exactly people picked up off the pavement).

It was like, unless you've got a video camera trained on me or are some kind of world leader, you don't exist. Strange. I understand he wants to maximise exposure, but a lot of those people could do things for those projects, and were all worth a couple of moments of his time. Even if he only picked one or two of them...