Recommended Heating Engineer/plumber

CityMum

Happy to add my full endorsement of John Power's work, professionalism, ethics and good cheer!

Yesterday was the second or third time that John's helped us out. It is no surprise to see such great reviews on here about him.

He's this week fixed a gas boiler issue created by a clearly incompetent (likely unqualified) person I once used in an emergency. He popped by twice - first to diagnose and mitigate the problem, and again to complete the replacement of the boiler fan (which had finally failed early due to an incompetent installation).

What's special about all of this is that we communicated regularly by text, he came over at short notice last week, gave tips on reducing the cost of the new part, and arrived after 8pm on an already long day to install it - very welcome as the boiler stopped working earlier in the day.

When we chatted properly I also found a pretty knowledgeable guy. I was so enthused by his knowledge of clever boiler and heating technology that I'm keen to have him do an hour or two's review of our place and take his advice on rebalancing our heating and plumbing systems for our future needs.

He's helped me out before on small jobs and I've been happy. I am happier now as I have found someone sufficiently knowledgeable, professional and ethical to do for our place the bigger job that I'd really like. He's very good value too!

And if you're reading this, John, thank you again for yesterday and last week!

Boiler packed in this morning. 3 week old baby and mum not best pleased! Turned to the forum for help and found John Powers contact details. What a breath of fresh air to get such great service as John's colleague took our call and managed to squeeze us in this afternoon (inc. finding the right part for us - fan - on the way). House now warm, mum and baby happy again, thank you so much John. Would highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
Same experience with John here. Boiler started spraying water and then stopped working yesterday. John came round at short notice this afternoon, replaced the broken parts and put it all back together again within a couple of hours. Friendly and professional, highly recommended.

I have had just had John help me fix a non-working boiler over the phone late on a Sunday evening... he was able to diagnose the problem over the phone and the solution he proposed (involving a dish cloth, screwdriver and a hairdryer) has restored hot water to the house and saved me what no doubt would have been a huge bill. He will most certainly be popping around to ensure that my jury rigging has a more lasting fix. Cannot recommend enough.

• 3 weeks later...
John has just been around for my "noisy" boiler which I thought was broken. Needless to say, he arrived and it purred like a kitten! He was really a top guy and is coming back to fix a radiator for me, and I would definitely recommened him for his honesty and straightforwardness.

Just another follow up on John and his colleague Daniel - Daniel came out today and there were issues with a part for my radiator - John and Daniel were so prompt and accommodating, I was truly happy and impressed by their services. I heartily recommend the team, their work and their dedication and customer service.

CityMum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> After 5 years of trouble free heating, we recently

> had a lot of problems with our Remeha Avanta

> boiler which kept displaying various error

> messages and cutting out.

I have one of these whihc when it works is great, but when it's faulty everyine shys away from it. If anyone else has one, be aware thier support staff are very helpful and will happily assist anyone with repairs so lng as they can quite their regitered installer number. Their helpline number is 0844 879 7960. Make a little sticker and put it on the boiler now!

Eric

Another thumbs up for John. He fitted a gas fire provided by a 3rd party and even with missing parts , difficult connections and a replacement fire finally provided ,it was about five visits in all and John was punctual,dogged,professional and thorough explaining his procedures at every twist and turn of a tricky installation, many thanks to John and Scott for finally resolving everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I recently moved and wanted to get my boiler serviced and the gas in the house checked for safety etc.

I also found reconsiderations for John Powers on this forum, and was really happy with the service and advice given, and the guys were really polite and nice. Their quote was also really reasonable. I would highly recommend John Powers - his number is 07977909339.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add to the list of recommendations for John. My boiler was broken this morning when I woke up and having a poorly little girl in the house meant I needed it fixed ASAP. John was only the only plumber out of about 6 that I spoke to, including big companies, that could get the part needed today and get my heating back on. All at a reasonable rate too which was a bonus!

I will definitely be using him again.

Thanks John!

After placing a request on hear last week for recommendations for a boiler engineer I noticed all the recommendations for John Powers.

On Friday morning I gave him a call, I have to say I was delighted with his help, he got me out of trouble with a boiler problem.

As someone who has worked for twenty five years in the building trade I know how easy it is to find the wrong tradesman, so when you do find the good ones, its very easy To recommend them & I would whole heartily recommend John.

I will definitely be using John again. His number is 07977909339

• 2 weeks later...
Another big thumbs up for John Powers, he came round quickly after I phoned to say we had no heating or hot water and went out of his way to ensure a hard to get hold of replacement part was located very quickly, is the second time we've used John and very impressed with service both times.

• 2 months later...

Thank you to the EDF for helping me find John, after putting out a plea on the EDF over the bank holiday weekend John was recommended to us to help fix our boiler. John came out on the bank holiday, diagnosed and fixed the fault all at a very reasonable sum.

I have already added him to my contacts, his number is 07977909339 02086509314

Been meaning to add a recommendation for John and his team for some time so wanted to add to the list of pleased customers. I looked for a plumber and gas engineer for quite a long time. I scoured the EDF and shortlisted a fair few from here who'd been recommended. I chose one initially and it turned out to be a really bad choice. There's been quite a lot of chat on here about him already so I don't think it's appropriate to name but needless to say, I then called John.

He fitted a new Valiant boiler for me, flushed the rads and made everything neat and tidy. We had a number of chats about which boiler, what thermostat etc and 6 or so months on, I'm really pleased I chose him to do it. I had a fault with the boiler recently, called him and he was out in a flash to sort for me. No questions asked.

Reasonably priced, considerate and great aftercare.

First port of call if you're looking for plumbing/boiler installation.

• 5 months later...

Yet another glowing endorsement of John Powers (and a massive thank you to forum users for bringing him to my attention!)

Although clearly very busy (always a good sign!), he came over within a day of me emailing to save me from a Dickensian lack of hot water..clearly my 'fix' of swearing repeatedly at the boiler failed to work, but he bought the correct part (and a lovely young apprentice to distract me..)and fitted it within 20 mins. Was chatty and approachable and will certainly use him for all my boiler/plumbing needs going forward.. (but only if he brings the fit apprentice with him.. ;)

• 1 month later...

To all my customers,

Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience but my phone is not currently accepting calls and sporadically delivering text messages. I am in contact with EE to resolve the issue ASAP but please bare with me if you need to contact me.

Alternative methods of getting hold of me are via email [email protected], twitter @japowersltd and www.facebook.com/japowersltd

Thanks

John

• 2 months later...

John and his team were excellent. They came at very short notice over a busy period for them. They have done an excellent job and when the boiler failed again they came back the next day very quickly. I would highly recommend John.

Great use of the forum to get a quality guy.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread: John is on permanent listing in my phone and so worth the recommendation. He came round yesterday to service my old boiler. Called beforehand to say he was on his way, was very thorough e.g. checked all rads to see if they needed bleeding in case boiler needed repressurising, gave great advice, and was very reasonable. One happy boiler.

Then onto part 2 of the job which was invesigating antique water heater issue for an elderly neighbour. He got it going in double-quick time - someone (possibly me - ahem) had attempted to relight the pilot, got it going but forgot to turn switch back to normal position. He laughed it off and didn't charge. My go-to lovely person for all things gas.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
First time poster here after many years lurking, but had to add to the recommendations for John Powers. Came home on Friday evening to find a burst water main under the floorboards- called John and he got the excellent Gary out to us within half an hour. He worked for two hours to shore it up until he could get the parts he needed and left us with water for the weekend. He came back on Monday texting to say he was on his way. I can honestly say I've not seen a man work as hard as he did and two hours later we had a new safe mains pipe, everything back in place and a very reasonable bill. What could have been really stressful and a right old palaver was made much better by Gary and John.

• 1 year later...