Green and Blue (now reopened)

I had to go to another wine shop this evening and it was just not as fun, or full of interesting choices...and i really want a pie & salad...

it does seem to be a case of the worst luck ever for a passionate business. boo.

fingers crossed all works out - I don't think i can live without green and blue...

xo, otto

Just discovered this - Horror. I was shopping in the Lane for the weekend and, inter alia, passing time of day briefly with the good Sean MacGabhann while in William Rose (perhaps I should have mentioned my intention to canvas for Boris J this weekend?). On completion of shopping my plan had been to relax with newspaper, glass on wine at G&B, buying some olives and good Fino to take home for the weekend. It was locked shut. Thought I might be the first to notify EDF but - as ever, well behind the curve.

This is worth marching for! Save our G&B. Quite apart from anything else there's several thousands of pounds worth of good wine locked up in there.

We've just had a further conversation with Clapham and they have explained the guys from G&B ED were hoping to have things resolved via their solicitors this evening but they haven't heard any more in Clapham at this time. A very helpful chap in there has said he'll keep us posted and has agreed to sort us out if G&B ED dont make any progress.

I never understood that place. I love the wines on offer, but paying an extra ?8 to drink it in the shop I thought was a bit much!

You can order a quality wine from somewhere else and drink it in the pub garden or outside. Like Franklins.

seanmlow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I never understood that place. I love the wines on

> offer, but paying an extra ?8 to drink it in the

> shop I thought was a bit much!

You can buy a bottle of beer for 99p and drink it in the street - if you like.

(The same bottle of beer costs ?3.00 in the pub. Fancy that!)

Ultraconsultancy - as you will appreciate I still can't go into details but in this particular case things are a little more complex. Suffice it to say the landlord most certainly has not killed us off, and we hope to be back into the building in the next few days.

seanmlow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I never understood that place. I love the wines on

> offer, but paying an extra ?8 to drink it in the

> shop I thought was a bit much!

The average UK restaurant will have a mark up much greater than that.

You can have a *good* wine with your food in G&B, with the wine costing less than ?14. A ?14 pound wine in most restaurants will generally be piss-poor.

Hi,

It must be me that cannot understand the thinking. If the administator ask's you not to comment on a certain item then respect the request - we are guests on his/her website.

On the matter of the bailiff action, clearly they had a problem with the services to the property, and (probably) decided to withold payment/rent to the landlord in this respect. The terms of a lease/ rental agreement require the monies owed to the landlord be paid on a certain date or time, if this has not happened then clearly the owners are in their right to take possession.

The moral of the story is to be aware that the agreement that you have signed must be adhered to. The service/property rented/leased that you have aquired to trade and make money must also make money for the owner.

The law must be upheld, and when two parties enter an agreement, they do expect the other party to adhere.

I hope that the tenants of the property can resolve matters and still serve with a smile some fine wines!

Regards,

Libra Carr.

if the tennant does not pay the rent on a commercial lease then the landlord has a right to forfeiture of that lease and has a right to to change the locks and post a notice of forfeiture - the landlord also has a right to excercise a 'lien' on the goods inside the commercial premises in lieu of payments outstanding. If the landlord takes this action wrongly (as a result of an ongoing legal dispute between the parties) then he may be liable to pay costs and damages to the tennant. Often these disputes are sorted amicably by the tenant paying the landlord the rent that is due and the landlord then allowing the tanant back in. This only applies to Commerical Leases.

Just had to mention what a site it was Saturday the crowds of people standing out side muttering "I can't believe it" and "What a shame". I'm not exaggerating here - I walked past three of four times throughout the day and it was the same all day. They obviously have a multitude of happy regular customers (myself included) so here's hoping they get it sorted.

I feel a little bit sorry for those who had parties booked etc as well...

The blog genuinely stopped me from wanting to go near the place for a long time. Now I have been, I wouldn't say I love the place by any stratech, but would definitely go back to buy wine... (although I do think some of it is a liiiitle bit expensive for what it is).

I am delighted to be able to tell you that the owners of Green & Blue are back in the building, and business will now continue as usual. School of Wine will go ahead tonight, as will the wine tasting event tomorrow evening. Again, thank you for the many supportive posts on the forum, it is very much appreciated. We hope to see you all soon for a celebratory glass of wine!