lost cat? (one has been in our garden since early sunday morning)

a cat has been in our garden since early sunday morning

and stayed there all day and night,

apparently not knowing where is home

it doesn't have an identity tag

it is yours?

we live near the police station

if your cat is missing, tell me what is looks like and i'll tell you if it matches,

otherwise I don't know who to give the cat to!

There's a poster up on Sylvester (near the Police Station) for a missing cat called Murphey - quite young one. Mostly white with brown markings on the face. Apparently it's very friendly and wants its tummy rubbed (don't we all). Could this be the one in your garden? If so the "missing" poster is on Sylvester.

What is it with the cats in ED? Can't they just stay home?

Hi,

I'm Murphy's mum, and he still hasn't come back yet (obviously can't read the posters!), he's mostly black with a white belly and legs, not quite a year old but quite a big lad so might look older, he went missing on Thursday night from Pellatt road, and he's not the brightest so might well have a problem getting home! I'll try and attach a photo so you can check, here's hoping it's him! He doesn't have a collar but he is microchipped, not sure how effective this is though.

>>He doesn't have a collar but he is microchipped, not sure how effective this is though.<<

I think microchips are vital for cats in ED - much more important than collars really. One of our cats was returned from his wanderings three times entirely because of his chip. The first time he had travelled over half a mile - a long way in such a densely-built area: the last time we had a phone call even before he was actually missing(!)

Hope he is soon home anyway!

Hello - I saw a cat who maybe looked like murphy on sunday morning in our garden on silvester rd - quite small, lots of chat? I was trying to get my cat monty in and the other cat wanted to come too....so sorry have not seen him since though...

the chat bit sounds right, he's always giving a running commentary, always thought he was on the large side though, at least compared with his brother. Think he's been scared off his patch by a monstrous tabby who keeps coming round of an evening, cat equivalent of a pit bull, scared the bejesus out of him indoors! If you see him again toss him a scrap of food and chuck him in the right direction, we're on the lower block of pellatt/silvester closest to lordship lane, thanks

Another lost cat? This one arrived Fri night and is currently miaowing on my doorstep. She's a grey tabby and was very hungry when she arrived. I keep feeding her just so she'll be OK. Please contact if she's yours or you know who might own her (not everyone has access to the Forum).

yes the same cat ash been outside our window since friday night and seems bit lost. we live on crystal palace road, its a grey tabby cat, small, young, with no collar, i have asked her where she lives but as yet have not had a clear answer, is this is your cat, please get in touch.. she meows very loudly!!!

Thanks, Asset (you've chosen your name well); actually, that's my next-door-neighbour's message (he clearly sees the cat as brown, I think she's more grey!). She's inveigled her way in there as well - probably because I was trying to be tough and not let her in my place again, as she upset my own cat yesterday and he was then upset with me... But at least she's got lots of people trying to help her - another neighbour passed on some meat for her, too.

cats dont get lost, they merely look for better offers elsewhere

drive it off with a blast from a hose and let it prostitute is alleged feline charms to some other victim

dont feed it, or you may be lumbered with the vicious bird killing machine for life.or until it decides to move on elsewhere