Live in East Dulwich and work in .....?????????

Oxford Circus - commute 1 1/2 hours including nursery drop off (15 minute walk), school drop off (30 - 35 minute walk) bus ride to Brixton then tube.

Current commute about the smae but involves nursery walk, bus journey to waterloo for school holiday club drop off then tube to Oxford circus.

Ideally I would like a motorbike and side car.

an hour and a half to shepherds bush - were you walking? backwards?! ;-)

I used to drive to Stockley Park near Heathrow and it generally took about 70 mins door to door, less at the crack of dawn. I'd lived in Clapham before and moving to ED definitely made the journey worse. I never once had any inclination to move back to Clapham!

I currently work in the city or at home. A couple of minutes on the Brompton to Lordship Lane for lunch is sweet!

City by Brompton is about 25 mins, without too much of sweat

Aldwich from top of Lordship Lane on the 176. 60 mins depending on traffic, got to be one of the ugliest, most depressing routes in London, Walworth Rd - EC. Tried cycling until knocked off at EC by minicab driver.

Looking for a job nearby. Any suggestions?

Also do Liverpool street: Brompton - Train - Brompton.

City - change at London Bridge for Cannon Street, then toddle for five mins. About 45-50 mins total due to walk this end.

I study in Wimbledon, so 185 to Vauxhall (about an hour) then train from there to Wimbledon (15 mins) then a 20 minute walk to uni. Then I go to work in the West End and that takes 45 mins on the tube and train, then 176 home from Leicester Sq and that can take up to an hour at 11pm at night! Unfortunately, my commute is so drastic, I'm leaving ED for the first time in my life and moving to Wimbledon :(

Yep redrouge, as demery says there's a train link to Wimbledon from ED. My other half works in Raynes Park and he can do door to door in about 40 mins. There's about 3 direct trains every morning and evening. But even when the direct trains aren't running, it's still quick with changing at Tulse Hill. Did the journey only yesterday evening. Left ED station at 19.20 arrived at Wimbledon at 19.50.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ojm - are you me?

No - i think he is me! 40 from first stop to last in Aldgate. Pain in the arse, but simple as I work about 50 yards from the last stop and a 5 minute walk from the first stop. I hate it but it's half the price of getting the train each month. Thank god for Chris Moyles on Radio 1 in the morning.

Part of my rationale behind walking from E&C to wherever work is, is that it makes the journey time much more reliable. Wally Rd can be bad but Plough to E&C is fairly reliable - Borough High st is often ok too but London Bridge and beyond brings out the screaming-nutter in me

I've even noticed a few workers from my office at the PLough bus-stop now (although one of them tells people at work she lives in the Village - ha - sounds like the sort of person to prove Louisa right)

Ooh, is it Celebrate Louise On The Forum Day today?

Do we get free sausages with every mention?

Am looking forward to Celebrate DulwichMum On The Forum Day (free gin) and Celebrate Azul On The Forum Day (free upside-down fish in flowerpots).

Izodia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yep redrouge, as demery says there's a train link

> to Wimbledon from ED. My other half works in

> Raynes Park and he can do door to door in about 40

> mins. There's about 3 direct trains every morning

> and evening. But even when the direct trains

> aren't running, it's still quick with changing at

> Tulse Hill. Did the journey only yesterday

> evening. Left ED station at 19.20 arrived at

> Wimbledon at 19.50.

The direct trains are a bit too early for my commute and any time I've got the train to Tulse Hill and then the train to Wimbledon, I find that the trains are nearly ALWAYS delayed, so if I miss one of the trains to Tulse Hill/its delayed and get to Tulse Hill, the Wimbledon trains only run once every half an hour, and that's half an hour of waiting I've had to do too many times in the rain whilst holding big black bags of art work. Commuting is made 10x worse when you're a design student!

And yesterday all the trains were cancelled/delayed forever! I waited at Wimbledon station for the 18:20 back to Dulwich, and it never came... Hoards of very annoyed looking people, scrambling for a new route home. I just got on the train back to Vauxhall. My patience with first capital connect/southern ran out after my first week at university.