> the PUBLIC FOOTPATH are probably going to be

> removed.

>

> The proposed fencing spelling out Dulwich

> Picturehouse is part of the proposed cinema. I;d

> prefer them to East Dulwich Picturehouse but

> either way they look a nice touch on the drawings

> exhibited on Saturday.

Let's clarify things once and for all. The hall boundary is to have designer Dulwich Picturehouse railings, the kerbside pedestrian barriers originally placed to stop the children and later hall users from walking or running straight into the road (situated in front of the old school doors) and are to remain according to the artistic impression. The original post jokingly expected people to come out from a darkened cinema straight into the road, not funny in my opinion, this won't happen with the kerbside barriers still there.

I think it's time we got back on track with positivity and excitement about the possibility of East Dulwich getting it's first major cultural hub!

In a recent edition of the Picturehouse Cinemas quarterly magazine, founder Lyn Goleby talks about future developments. I quote her here:

"We're launching a cinema-on-demand platform called ourscreen through a handful of our cinemas and we think that's a really exciting next stage. Audiences will be able to programme films and events in their local cinemas. We think it's an amazing idea."

Exciting times!

Vic :)

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who cares about the bloody barriers? What kind of

> idiot walks out the cinema and straight into the

> road?

THIS^^^ WTF are you people on about?

> As far as I know blind people don't tend to

> be frequent cinema customers.

You'd be surprised actually, there are lots of audio described film showings. However, if a blind person has any kind of mobility skills, they would not be at risk of walking in to that road.

Oh, and "East Dulwich Picture House" sounds shit. Dulwich Picture House is much better

Penguin68 Wrote:

> Considering some of the (surprising) negativity on

> this thread, perhaps 'The Rotzy' would be best

Actually the whole thread has been very positive as should be expected, just a couple of people making something out of nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

>

>

> Perhaps incontinence pads are called for.

>

> I'm excited about the prospect of a new cinema but

> not THAT excited.

I think he's taking the p*ss (no pun intended) as he's a little unhappy about James Barber's success in organising this. He takes every opportunity to have an unwarranted pop at the man.

Not everybody agrees with JB's politics (I certainly don't) but he's a brave man sticking his neck out here very day and he is definately well intended.

I suspect unlurked hides behind his keyboard and moans on here, doing absolutely nothing about it...

Likewise, I agree. I find it pretty distasteful, the number of personal comments about James Barber. Personally, I don't support the lib dems at all. But the effort that James goes to for the good of our community is extremely commendable. I hope that the guys who seem to be continually sniping do the same level of work for the general good.

It's not a case of James being elected and therefore putting himself up for criticism; some of the comments on this forum are beyond the pale.

I agree too.

I've said before that I think JB needs to be clear sometimes whether he is speaking as JB the elected councillor or JB the interested resident, but some of the attacks on him are very personal and completely uncalled for.