New Cinema for Lordship lane?

Hi yeknomyeknom.

I spoke at length with one of the designers from the architect firm who have been appointed.

She was great to talk to and I was very impressed with her knowledge not only of the building designs but also of the local area.

I did ask if I could take photos of the plans but at this stage they are not in the public domain but will be once officially submitted for planning permission. So all eyes on the council planning web site!

Vic :)

So disappointed I missed this but very pleased to hear that reaction has been so positive. I'm one of the people that regularly travels to the Ritzy (by car) and would walk to this one so I also agree with their theory re traffic.

Fingers crossed!

I am totally in favour of the project, and can't wait for it to happen. My only query is about the viability of the seating at the front of the building, as shown in that image. Hard to imagine actually sitting in that quite narrow space, enjoying a cup of English Breakfast, while traffic whizzes up and down LL, and passers-by pass by a few inches away.

Otherwise, a resounding thumbs-up from me.

figgins Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am totally in favour of the project, and can't

> wait for it to happen. My only query is about the

> viability of the seating at the front of the

> building, as shown in that image. Hard to imagine

> actually sitting in that quite narrow space,

> enjoying a cup of English Breakfast, while traffic

> whizzes up and down LL, and passers-by pass by a

> few inches away.

>

> Otherwise, a resounding thumbs-up from me.

- You don't have to imagine it, just look at Lucas, The Palmerston, The Bishop, The EDT to name but a few. It's already happening!

Hi Louisa. The rooftop terrace is actually more of a greenspace accessed only via a store room. The proposal is for that space to be used for planting to meet the needs of the cafe(salad leaves, herbs, etc). The area backs on to residential gardens and bedrooms so probably not a great idea to have a drinking area out there! B

Seems to have brought about a rare forum consensus - hurrah!

I'm even going to try and answer a question from Louisa without bickering

"What about a rooftop terrace area at the back of the building for outside seating? Is that viable?"

I think the houses behind there are sensitive to being overlooked - a nearby proposal for rear terrace for a new cafe kicked off some silly brou ha ha

So easily fooled. It's a false PR lie to get the planning app' through without hassle-the outside seating area is much too small-they will ask to extend, ask to get the bus stop moved etc, and it will happen. Once there they will dominate without a thought for local residents etc which will include late night alcohol licences, music/bands etc which will negatively impact on local residences. There will be a detrimental effect on parking and end ED will end up with a CPZ. M&S and all other chains wanting to ruin LL will use the cinema app' to deride any parking or similar related objections and will win as this app' is sooo wanted. Then these showings that kids can be taken to will lead to an outbreak of lice amongst adults and kids in ED as the lice live in the soft furnishing of the cinema chairs and with quick turnaround kids lice will be crawling from kids hair to seat to next seat occupier hair. My vote for first film is A Clockwork Orange.

:)))

unlurked Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So easily fooled. It's a false PR lie to get the

> planning app' through without hassle-the outside

> seating area is much too small-they will ask to

> extend, ask to get the bus stop moved etc, and it

> will happen. Once there they will dominate without

> a thought for local residents etc which will

> include late night alcohol licences, music/bands

> etc which will negatively impact on local

> residences. There will be a detrimental effect on