New Cinema for Lordship lane?

• 5 months later...

Did anyone else get the leaflet from Picturehouse through the door today?

They're now proposing to build a cinema near St. Anthony's Church, and there's an exhibition about the proposal at St. Thomas More Hall on 4 and 8 March.

Personally I think it's a great idea - big fan of Picturehouse cinemas.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Could you clarify? I thought the hall was to

> become the cinema?

>

> http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5

> ,1216470,1274481,page=3#msg-1274481

Hmm, the leaflet I got through the door says this: "Picturehouse cinemas presents its proposals for Dulwich Picturehouse at the historic site of St. Anthony's Church and former St. Anthony's School. Please come along to our informal exhibition at St. Thomas More Hall."

I'm confused now. Is St. Anthony's Church not the one at the end of Barry Road?

This really is incredibly exciting.

And I am SO happy that of the three potential companies, the Picturehouse group have succeeded in their proposal.

I cannot believe that I will be able to walk to the end of the road to see the latest and best films.

Looking forward to visiting their exhibition next week.

Vic :)

And for those without the ability to view the image, here is a transcript of the leaflet:

"Picturehouse Cinemas presents...

its proposals for Dulwich Picturehouse at the historic site of St Anthony's Church and former St Anthony's School.

Please come along to our informal exhibition at St Thomas More Hall, Lordship Lane, SE22.

Tuesday 4 March between 6:30pm and 9:30pm

Saturday 8 March between 10:00am and 1:00pm

We have now started our pre-planning application dialogue with Southwark Council and would love to share our ideas with you.

We look forward to seeing you on one of the above dates - we hope you will be as excited about our plans as we are!

Best wishes

Picturehouse Cinemas"

Going to be great. Instead of a 15 minute walk to Peckham I'll have a 15 minute walk to Lordship Lane.

Or is the cinema in Peckham shutting down?

Love going to the cinema meself, but is there a need for two in such close proximity? Unless the new one is going purely art house or something.

Hi Millhaven,

You killjoy.

East Dulwich with a cinema again. Heaven. My hunch is more people from East Dulwich will go to the cinema when we have a local one. Going over to Brixton is a pain and Peckham one doesn't have a great vibe at 11pm after a film. I also believe that the local eateries will benefit from making an evening of it.

The other great benefit is local children going with parents feeling more relaxed than their offspring trekking over to Brixton or Peckham.