Franks

Hi, has anyone been to Franks yet this year? I've got some friends come over on Saturday and thought we might go, but their Twitter account suggests that there may have been some one-in, one-out type shenanigans this year, which I can't really be bothered with. Anyone been there - how've you found it? Cheers

Went there last Friday at 9.30pm, hoping to try food up there (I'd heard here there were 'KERB' street food stylee stalls up on the top floor). Queue to go upstairs, giverned by a security bouncer chap was 30 yards long and didn't move the 10 mins we waited. So ended-up at Gowlett for a cracking pizza instead.

So, for me, it's a place I may have to queue, whic I don't do.

I hope to hear other news / versions that'll entice me vack there.

I've been there quite a lot this summer. If you go in the evening on a Sunny weekend it will be busy and you will have to que, just like anywhere else with outside space.

Weeknights and the weekend afternoons have always been fine though. Amazing view of our capital.

If you're going on Friday or Saturday evening then you should definitely get there before 6.30pm or there's a very good chance you'll be joining the queue - especially on a sunny day. It's worth checking @frankspeckham on Twitter before heading out as they'll usually post if they're full up.

As for KERB, they've got another Peckham event coming up this summer (I'm not sure if the date is confirmed yet) which will be at the Bussey Building like before.

Yep go during the day - we went up on an afternoon a couple of Saturdyas ago and it was fine.

They do seem to have adopted an interesting bar queue arrangement. Much like sandwich shops in Itlay - you queue to pay, that person gives your order to a person who just works on pouring and making drinks and you then collect your finished order from another person further down the bar.

I have to say the whole queuing and bouncer system, whilst obviously needed, puts me off. The most enjoyable thing about Franks a few years ago was that it was a relaxed place locally to have a few drinks on a sunny evening without the need to travel too far - having to queue up for an hour with half of East London kind of defeats the object of going to it - for all it's charms it is still just a car park in Peckham and not worth an hours queuing in my book.

I went on a Sunday around 3pm and absolutely fine getting in and getting drinks. By 6pm the queue for drinks was nearly an hour long. Which put us off staying any longer and we went to the pub. Great views and concept, but too popular!

Could just sit on a 37 bus for an hour, get that drink and head home again. Each to their own I guess Foxy.

Not been to Franks for a couple of years but getting in before the crowd was the key. Seriously Foxy you should give it a whirl. Smashing views of the London skyline on a nice evening, plenty of which we have been having.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have never been to this place.. Have No idea where

> it is...

>

> But to wait an hour for a drink. In a Car Park ?

> Is that correct.?? Are the drinks FREE. ??

>

> Foxy

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Could just sit on a 37 bus for an hour, get that

> drink and head home again. Each to their own I

> guess Foxy.

>

> Not been to Franks for a couple of years but

> getting in before the crowd was the key. Seriously

> Foxy you should give it a whirl. Smashing views of

> the London skyline on a nice evening, plenty of

> which we have been having.

>

> DulwichFox Wrote:

>

I worked in the city of London for 40 Years.. I have seen the skyline from numerous high buildings.

I have seen the Skyline from Dawson Heights when I lived on Dunstans rd.

I have seen it from Primrose Hill.

and I have seen it from Aircraft.

I have to admit that I have not seen it from a Derelict Car Park in Peckham..

It will have to go on my 'To Do' list before I die.

Foxy

Archived