McDonalds in East Dulwich

SteveT as much as I found that documovie interesting it was not a public information film, it was a carefully crafted and heavily edited thing to make McDonalds look stupid. Everyone knows too much of anything is bad for you, drink a 2 litre bottle of vodka every day for 4 weeks and i'm sure blood results would kind of make your liver out to be pickled.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ... and if

> you think thats a load of unfounded rubbish then

> explain why every single Mcdonalds you ever go

> past on a high street is packed at whatever time

> of the day you go past?

I don't think that's strictly true. Maybe in more central locations where there's a lot of footfall, tourists etc that could be the case, but a quick Google reveals they closed 25 branches back in 2006 (can't find anything more recent than that), apparently due to the fact that a lot of their traditional clientele are now frequenting coffee shops instead. Areas where you might assume they would do well have closed (Forest Hill, Streatham High Rd).

Come on folks we all know that McDonalds makes high quality food, really isn?t bad for you at all and that their business practices are beyond reproach. All the attempts to discredit them have been fabricated as part of a strict agenda of targeted campaigns to oppress the working-class.

It was all in the weekly memo about maintaining class superiority that is popped through middle-class letterboxes nationwide along with your regular delivery of free money and the pills to counteract the poisons in the drinking water.

capt_birdseye Wrote:

>

> I don't think that's strictly true. Maybe in more

> central locations where there's a lot of footfall,

> tourists etc that could be the case, but a quick

> Google reveals they closed 25 branches back in

> 2006 (can't find anything more recent than that),

> apparently due to the fact that a lot of their

> traditional clientele are now frequenting coffee

> shops instead. Areas where you might assume they

> would do well have closed (Forest Hill, Streatham

> High Rd).

A lot of the suburban Mcdonalds have closed because they have relocated to retail parks where they have more space and get a big chunk of people who prefer the convenience of the drive thru culture. Just as many, in fact possibly more, have opened as opposed to close since 2006.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> A lot of the suburban Mcdonalds have closed

> because they have relocated to retail parks where

> they have more space and get a big chunk of people

> who prefer the convenience of the drive thru

> culture. Just as many, in fact possibly more, have

> opened as opposed to close since 2006.

>

> Louisa.

That makes sense - actively targetting the proles. ;-)

Sadly it all goes to show that the product is not as important as the marketing.

The first of the American burghers that came over in the early 60's was the wimpey, and it was delicious and I could eat them till they came out of my ears they were soooo goood, but like most US goods not cheap.

Burgher makers, or my digestive system, have deteriorated enormously since those heady days, when the pound was worth $2.8 and the euro was a figment of no ones imagination, a united europe was a dream and the USSR was a functioning group of backward countries waiting for electricity so they could see the light.

Hi Guys,how about an Argos, it would fit into Foxtons!

Mcdonalds not a bad idea,coffee and pancakes have you tried them? Think of your waistline girls. Food4thought!

Back to reality dont think its going to happen.

Still waiting for Lidl or possibly poundland,credit crunch!

All the above and more are about to move to ED as a new shopping centre named after me will be built on the site formerly known as Goose Green and will contain underground parking and a huge Catford shopping centre style cat version of me right on the top of it. Oh yes indeed.

Louisa.

There is a McDonalds around the corner from where i work, my guilty pleasure is occasionally popping in with my paper and having an egg and bacon burger with a large coffee, If my other half found out my bags would be on the street.

Their Coffee is powerful though, by the time i get to work i think people think i have popped a pill of speed. :)

I hope Uk and little community villages like ED or Bellenden Village will be strong enough to refuse MACshit processed "food" and Starbucks's disgraceful coffee. Go to France or Italy and then come back to join me smash their windows up! Who needs sad american chain food in uk ???

archic Wrote:

> I hope Uk and little community villages like ED or

> Bellenden Village will be strong enough to refuse

> MACshit processed "food" and Starbucks's

> disgraceful coffee. Go to France or Italy and then

> come back to join me smash their windows up! Who

> needs sad american chain food in uk ???

Ermm excuse me? How dare you come on here and suggest that we should go around vandalising businesses! How about other chain food from other countries around the world? Why is there such anti-Americanism on your part? I find people like you a complete and utter disgrace, Admin can you please tell this person that this is not the place to be making political arguments from the anti-capitalist brigade.

Louisa.

criminal activity aside, why is it not possible to be anti-capatalist on here?

The thing is France is succumbing to teh fast-food bug badly as well. I don't think archic was being anti-American. It just so happens that the global fast-food chains ARE American.. hence not giving out about french/spanish/Ugandan fast food joints

There are British fast food chains all over the world, I didnt see him mention those as being damaging Sean. He was being inflammatory in a specific sense about American fast food chains which I personally find offensive as well as suggesting we should go around vandalising private property! Ok not all anti-Capitalists are like this, but this person is certainly not doing that cause any good by coming on here condoning criminal activity towards American businesses. I would also like to remind everyone on here that 'evil' McDonalds have in this past week created 6,000 jobs in the UK, 1,000 of those being in London, at a time when people are losing jobs.

Louisa.

Sorry everyone but I'm with Louisa on this one. Nothing wrong with a spot of MaccieD's now and again. Greggs is a bit downmarket but it's good for piping hot and filling food in a rush even though after you burp you feel hungry again. Burger king and Nandos are the rolls royce of fast food. You're only going to run into difficulties if you eat fast food without a reasonably healthy and active lifestyle to offset the negative aspect of indulging in box of Pidgeon n chips once in a while.

Fast food outlets are also useful in that they have toilets. Popping into a MacD's toilet is commonly known as having a Macshit. If confronted by a member of staff asking whether you're a genuine customer and you say yes when you aren't is known as a Macshit with lies.

I'm with you on the not condoing vandalising any property Louisa - 100%

i'm pretty sure they were tongue in cheek but even so..

And I don't want to pick on Maccy Ds specifically, but trotting out "they are creating jobs" isn't much use in the wider scheme of things if we are talking about minimum wage burger flipping. A happy world, that is not going to make

But can I ask what the British fast food chains all over the world are?