Next EDF Drinks - Friday 1st August at The Gowlett

georgia

wow Andrew - fastest turnaround yet. have a great holiday btw

So many new people last night as well - a fab evening. Although I did set a goal of talking to a couple of people I haven't talked to for ages and never... quite... made it... to where they were stood

And people were already talking about making it to the Open Mic night at t'Plough tonight. Fair play I say :)-D

(apologies to Ms B for getting her accent soooo wrong as well)

A terrific evening. The Gowlett is such a perfect venue and obviously such a draw for newbies! Last year Jah Lush and Bellenden Belle, this year Ms B, Benjaminty, Horsebox, Indiepanda, Fiskeroo and assorted other lurkers and partners (hi Mr Moos an Mr Buggie) so apologies to those I did not meet, or haven't mentioned.

Very pleased I finally took the plunge and showed up! Lovely to meet you all and thanks for being so friendly. I nearly fell off my bike once or twice on the way home but got there in one piece.

Had such a great time last night, was great to meet some new peeps but I do feel I didnt get around and talk to everyone which I promise I will be better at next time..

I was seriousl beginning to fade around 10.30 and then anotherpaul had me in stiches for a bit which made me last til about 11 and then I threw in the towel!!

I think name badges would make it a bit easier for the new people next time..

We are away for the next one but will be there for the one after that!

Have been at a family thing all day and thought we'd taken it easy and left in good time, but have felt pretty poo all day so perhaps not early enough. Still, lovely to have met newbies and met up with regulars, fine times as always. having a bit of trouble remembering many new names, but hello to the 2 Mr's (Moos and Buggie), fiskaroo and Ms B.

Also, first time at the Gowlett - it's rather cool in there, isn't it? thought the staff were just lovely, which is not always the case at these things (memories of being sneered at in the Vale). As SteveT may have alluded to, serious pizza for putting down a lining!

Just going to have a glance at the pics now...

Mr. is somewhat bemoosed as to why so many people asked him whether it was scary to be there... but we had a really nice time. Sorry we had to cut it short, it would have been great to catch up with everyone properly.

Till next month!

Had a lovely time last night - still trying to get the hang of circulating - there seemed to be lots there that I didn't recognise or get to say hi to.

There was a guy who tapped my shoulder and started saying hi, then said "oh you're not who I thought you were" ... no idea who I was meant to be!

Mr Buggie doesn't like being called that, but until he starts posting himself - tough!!

buggie - one of my bugbears this. I've never got the hang of it. I spend most drinks talking to 100% wonderful people, but I'm constantly aware that people I told specifically I would catch up with.... I just rarely do

Weegee - I think there is a datelist somewhere on here - but think the first Friday of every month as a guide

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> buggie - one of my bugbears this. I've never got

> the hang of it. I spend most drinks talking to

> 100% wonderful people, but I'm constantly aware

> that people I told specifically I would catch up

> with.... I just rarely do

>

> Weegee - I think there is a datelist somewhere on

> here - but think the first Friday of every month

> as a guide

Cool thanks for that...is it at the same pub?

We will put the next drinks in our diary!

I had a great time on Friday as usual.

Loads of newbies most of whom I didn't get a chance to speak to, but I did meet MsB (great dress!)horsebox and fiskaroo. Also met a few people who's names I've forgotten, particularly Keef's friend who gave me a good honest review of the new CPT ;-)

Thanks for the pictures Andrew, I really don't look too bad this time.

I think I'm working for the next one, but I'll try and swap my shift.

Duke sounds good to me.