The Patch

Jim1234

Let's keep the thread going - that fox person is hiding behind his/her forum name - others are just plain rude and my biggest bug bear is the negativity- let's wait and see what the Patch is like once it's all up and running!

I did hear that it may not be open on 11/11 but you can bet your bd that there will be a big fanfare and hopefully a fabulous place to visit often or for a special occasion according to your budget!

Support local ventures businesses and be nice to people - it pays you back to be kind folks!

P and G

"Support local ventures businesses and be nice to people - it pays you back to be kind folks! "

There aren't many people living locally who do more to support bars and restaurants than I do. I'm in several of them most days!

Foxy doesn't hide behind a forum name either. I see him out and about often and he's a regular and the curry club

I was one of the first customers in the patch and I'll be back again. But there are major questions over the way the have presented themselves and what they are delivering. That isn't negativity on my part.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Support local ventures businesses and be nice to

> people - it pays you back to be kind folks! "

>

> There aren't many people living locally who do

> more to support bars and restaurants than I do.

> I'm in several of them most days!

>

> Foxy doesn't hide behind a forum name either. I

> see him out and about often and he's a regular and

> the curry club

>

> I was one of the first customers in the patch and

> I'll be back again. But there are major questions

> over the way the have presented themselves and

> what they are delivering. That isn't negativity

> on my part.

Major questions !

Sheesh get some perspective. It's a gastropub. In a suburb of South East London. If it's opening raises "major questions" then god knows how you'd describe what's happening to Coulson & Brookes.

ed_pete Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They have no questions to answer. They're a local

> business conducting their business the way they

> see fit. They answer to no one apart from

> themselves and their investors. They are not a

> public body.

Surely every business ultimately answers to the public. As in the people who will (or not) keep them in business with their custom.

Back to the veggie debate.

Indian Mischief was rubbish! I went there twice (I wanted to give it another chance after shambolic first time). If a decent veggie restaurant were to open in East Dulwich it would make a killing (pardon the pun, couldn't resist it!)

Some of you meat eaters seem to be suggesting that it is impossible for you to go without meat for a single meal! I find this totally weird. What do you think will happen if you don't have a steak - are you scared you might start compulsively weaving baskets or something? When I go to a restaurant I enjoy different kinds of food, not eating the same kind of stuff over and over again.

James, it's a tired old rut that's been done to death and you slot right into it with your holier-than-thou patronising stance. If you think you're 'right', great - be as right as you want, but don't ram your cauliflower cheese or nut roast down everyone else's throat (no pun intended). Add another post to the pertinent other tired old thread if you need to maintain your monologue.

That is classic. I have some lovely meat-eating friends who I dearly respect.

But I also know meat-eaters (like some people on here) who will happily pick a fight with a vegetarian by saying ignorant, ill-informed things and trotting out lazy stereotypes.

Then when they are confronted by the facts they retort with the old "stop shoving it down my throat/being preachy" etc. You can't have it both ways. Either stop marginalising other people or expect to be criticised when you criticise other people's life choices.

So-called 'sustainable' restaurant fails to offer adequate vegetarian options. Face it, my point stands.

"So-called 'sustainable' restaurant fails to offer adequate vegetarian options. Face it, my point stands."

That point stands. Nobody is denying it.

The ony person trotting out stereotypes (in this case straw men) and picking a fight is you.

Everyone else is saying, like the foie gras thread, enough is enough, please don't force feed this debate down our throats again (pun intended)

the baskets thing I guess. straw manning meat eaters as perceiving veggies that way, whereas

"are you scared you might start standing on soap boxes, with wide rolling eyes shouting through megaphones or something?"

would have been more accurate ;)