Favourite childhood TV programmes?

Tamu

Dogtanian had a wonderful theme: "Woof woof here, woof woof there..." [etc]

We didn't have a TV when I was a child so the earliest things I remember were from the mid-1950s. Another thread reminded me of Gerald Campion playing Billy Bunter.

The theme tune to Dogtanian use to make me cry...it was so touching!

Wow no TV, I bet you had to think of creative ways to keep you amused?

Just googled Gerald Campion, he was also in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :0)

I can remember things from when I was really little, like Issi Noho (the one about the panda - don't suppose many people remember it now), Mr Ben, Bagpuss and Jamie and the Magic Torch.

Can still remember that Bagpuss episode with the chocolate biscuit factory where they keep rolling the same digestive biscuit round again and again. Though was a suprise in adult years to see the bright pink Bagpuss toys - we had a blakc and white telly till I was about 10. (Made watching the snooker entertaining!)

When I was bit older, I remember liking Rentaghost and Grange Hill and the Hanna Barbara cartoons like the Flinstones and Scooby Doo and Top Cat

Sarah and Hoppity.

(Deep breath)

Sarah Brown has a toy as naughty can be and it starts to sing when you wind up his key

He'll sing and he'll dance all over the floor and when he stands still then you wind him some more

This clip is ten mins long and I swear would horrify today's broadcasters, specially when Daddy tells her not to tell anyone he's there... gets creepy.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kR6FQG0H9-I

Tamu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, Dogtanian and the

> Three Musketeers, Supergran, diary of Adrain

> Mole....Gosh I'm showing my age!!!!

That's not too bad...

Can you remember Cities Of Gold too?

and the theme tune to that was ace!

I liked Hoppity too - 'He sings Twiddley Ee Dee and he sings Twiddly Ee Doo'

I liked Thunderbirds, Stingray and when I was younger Supercar and Fireball XL5.

There's somme good stuff around today just to go off topic, the Batman cartoon, Jakers and Pocoyo are groovey.

didn't really watch telly until I was about 10, then it was Sat morn telly - Tiswas and Swapshop.

I remmber watching Hong Kong Phooey, Top Cat, Scooby, Whacky Races, Catch the Pidgeon, and all the other crappy, vaguely depressing Hannah Barbera cartoons.

I remember issi noho about the panda. Wasn't his name something to do with what was written on the side of the wooden crate he came in? Plants obscuring the rest of the writing? I liked that too and Pipkins and bagpuss and mr benn and the tomorrow people, Blue Peter over Magpie probably cos they had resident dogs:)) follyfoot, black beauty, the singing ringing tree, weired, but I liked it:-$ grange hill, jackernory was fab too.

Tamu Wrote:

> I vaguely remember City of Gold.....how did the

> theme tune go again?

(Sung) Children of the Sun, see your time has just begun

Searching for your way through adventures every day

Every day and night with the condor in flight

With all your friends in tow we search for the Cities of Gold

Ahhhh-ah-ah-ah Wishing for the Cities of Gold

Ahhhh-ah-ah-ah Someday we will find the Cities of Gold!

Doo doo doo do doo, ahh-ah-ah, doo doo doo do doo Cities of Gold

oooh good thread.. I loved care bears, smurfs, fraggle rock (big favourite), degrassi junior high, scooby doo, I think it was called Teddy Ruxpin (but I think that was more my sister), my brother used to love Thunderbirds or cats (you know the puppet dudes) so I had to watch that alot and definitely He man and Shera..

As for movies - the dark crystal, Emmet Otters Jugband christmas, Annie, Wizard of Oz and the little mermaid...