East Dulwich Deli

eberg

Very surprised with these bad comments for the Deli: I always feel welcome by the workers; I go there on average once a week and their products are good; I love their brownies, their quiches, the walnut and raisin bread and the olive breads are great. I wanted some foie gras for Christmas and they gave me a call once it has arrived.

Compared to other local shops, prices for the cakes, quiches and breads seem ok to me. For the rest I cannot comment as I go somewhere else.

I really like the Ed Deli, and used to go there often, however the Southwark hygiene rating has put me off (rating of 1 of 5 ) I would hate to think of what the state of the kitchen is at the rear , or perhaps is it based on the food handling on the front counter?. either way less inclined to visit these days

But why do people care about the ratings so much

If they didn't exist you would still go, buy, eat and be fine

Just what do you think is going to happen to you if you go to a low rated joint?

Cue several posts about vermin wee and what not. Which is probably untrue. But if you don't know and you don't suffer, what's the worry?

LadyNorwood Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "You should let it bother you" or "You shouldn't

> let it bother you"??

The latter! I just think that its not a big problem, when most of the food we eat is not subject to the same scrutiny.

Archived