What is the old bookies becoming?

Goofy wrote:

I think its a shame they closed the bookies.We need another estate agents like a hole in the head.Knock down Somerfields and build another bookies thats what i say.

You are not Quids travelling under an attractive alias are you?

Goofy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think its a shame they closed the bookies.We

> need another estate agents like a hole in the

> head.Knock down Somerfields and build another

> bookies thats what i say.

they didn't it moved to giant premises next to Winkworth

It's just an expanding office space, I dont get what the issue is here? Estate Agents are running into difficult times so i'm sure they will sacrifice another office for this slight expansion, no big deal. On a lighter note how wonderful it is to see Londis return to ED after so many years replacing Budgens on the corner.

Louisa.

I love a flutter every so often, it is a great social ocassion to go into a bookies and watch the racing. It is something the yummy middle class twits who have moved into this area cannot appreciate. The thought of a bookies creates stereotypical images of old men chain smoking and using inappropriate language. Get over it I say, it's better than yet another boutique no one ever goes into because it's all crap and overpriced.

Louisa.

I used to work in a bookies in Liverpool, and it was a lot like a pub in many ways, with locals and banter. I really enjoyed it once I'd worked out all their little cheating tricks!

Don't often bet myself, but will on occasion have a flutter.

Oh goody welcome to the flutter club. I agree with you Louisa its such good fun.I only put on a few bob so no hardship if i loose. I have been to Brighton Kempton and all over in the last year and had a blast.I would definitely recommend it and your right keef too you meet lots of different people.

Goofy a man of my own heart - I like a flutter on Football, Horses, golf, the stock market, poker, big brother etc...I spread bet,bibary bet, use the exchanges, play poker online, etc......

BTW rumour has it there's a load of po-faced Malvolians on here who think that gamblings the work of the devil.....

Having worked on The Sporting Life for 23 years until it closed in '87 I'd been known to have flutter but strangely enough once I'd been made redundent I lost all interest in horse racing and gambling. Mind you, I'd seen so many mugs over the years win and lose a fortune on the same afternoon that I was never a big gambler. But a small little wager to keep an interest in whatever it is your betting on is pretty harmless just as long as it doesn't become a habit and take over your life.