Former ED police station fetches in excess of 5 million!

Louisa

NickT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I live at the rear of the Police Station and do

> welcome the redevelopment of the site, I would

> contest vigorously any proposal that didn't

> include off street parking though.

NickT - I'm interested know know more if you live to the rear of the station - does your property have off street parking? I'm not aware of any properties on Whateley or the north end of Landcroft that do.

I'm sure there won't be parking at street level in any proposal. at most, there may be some in a basement but I woundnt be surprised to see proposals coming forward without any onsite parking.

singalto Wrote:

> Hw said he wants the ED police station turned into

> a school which I find silly as I can't see how the

> site can be big enough.

That's exactly what I thought.

I wonder if you could get a basement car park in there...

If that was the case, and the site is a good 22000 sq ft, basement car park, supermarket on the ground floor and 2, possibly 3 levels of flats. Easily recoup the land cost (?5 million) and building cost, ?15-18 million. Completely ill-sited and ill-suited for a school.

East Dulwich school place crisis update

Is this email not displaying correctly?

View it in your browser.

New East Dulwich primary schools - update

We have lots of good news.

Permanent Site Agreed

It has been confirmed first thing today that the former East Dulwich Police has been sold to the Education Finance Agency to form the permanent site for our new East Dulwich Harris free primary school. The land area is about the same size as Heber School and Goose Green School. This is brilliant news for local school places. With a permanent site for September 2015 it makes the opening of this school on a temporary site this Setepmber 2014 no longer a gamble for parents. As the school admissions for the first year runs in parallel to the main Southwakr admissions process parents have nothing to lose applying for both and then chosing which of the two places they wish to take up.

I hope you apply for a place for you child.

Second School Application

An application for a second local Harris free primary school was awareded last week. It would open September 2015. It's aim is to fill the large primary school admissions gap around Homestall Road in SE22. So it's been titled Nunhead Harris free primary school.

Our proposed target is that it will also be an outstanding school as per Ofsted and in the top 10% of primary schools for England & Wales both in terms of overall results and individual pupil progression. To meet these three objectives it would be in the top 5% of UK schools. Exactly the high aspirations we need locally for our children.

Solving The Crisis - where are we?

By September 2016 we'll have a shortage of 215-235 primary reception places in the Dulwich area. The already agreed first Harris Primary school for East Dulwich will provide 60 places, the Judith Kerr school that opened last September provides 25 based on distance, The new Dulwich Hamlet school would relieve around 30 places from Goose Green School. The Bessemer Grange extra class will add 30 places. Expanding Ivydale will help slightly in our area.

But this still leaves circa 50-70 extra required spaces.

Hence why the second Harris primary school agreed last week adding 60 places is so important. Work on its permanent site is ongoing.

Questions

With so much going on please do get in touch with any questions of concerns.

Best wishes, james

07900 227366

[email protected]

Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich

follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend

Copyright ? 2014 Southwark Liberal Democrats, All rights reserved.

Your are receiving this email bacause you have correspondence with East Dulwich councillors.

Our mailing address is:

Southwark Liberal Democrats

4 Market PlaceLondon, London SE5 8BS

United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

I was quite surprised to read that, Heber looks like a much bigger space, but when the building comes down I imagine the space will look a lot bigger.

A new school is undoubtedly needed in the area, so I guess it's good news, I just hope it's well handled.

James, if you have the influence, could you ask those responsible to clear up the mess that's collecting around the station? There is leaf mulch and litter, most of which would due attractive to vermin. Tagging's started on the side doors too. Thanks.

lane lover Wrote:

> Sounds like Foxy has started early this Friday ...

What are you talking about. (Polite Version) Do you really think that would be a good site for a School. ?

Main Road, Traffic, Small Children. Idiot.

Unless you have something sensible to say keep your opinions to your self (Polite Version)

DF

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi DF,

> Goose Green is beside Grove Vale. It doesnt make

> it dangerous to attend the school. JAPS is

> adjacentto East Dulwich Grove. Ditto.Any new

> school will have a planning condition about Travel

> Planning.

James .. When Grove Vale school was built 100 so years ago, there were very few cars..

They recently widened the pavements to make it safer. And I don't think the gates on Grove vale are in use.

(May be Wrong)

Building any new school should take as one of it's priorities.. Safety. Top Priority where children are concerned

Not just build anywhere and try and put right at a later date.

Plan Ahead. Find a suitable site. Not just make do.

There may be space for a small school. With no outside play area.

DulwichFox