Petty Annoyances

Moos

At the risk of....blah! blah!..

The 10% of Outer Londoners and 75%/80% of Inner Londoners 2008 stylee who do not acknowledge it when you extend a courtesy on the road.

The 20% of Outer Londoner Pedestrians and 87/88%(might even be 89%) of Inner London Pedestrians who do not acknowledge it when you stop at Zebra Crossings...

To be fair thats only based on 500,000 London Road Miles:))

SUE ME!

Having just watched a marvellous England performance tonight,I'll give you some Football grievances,circa 2008:-

1/ Not having the CHOICE to stand on The Terraces with t' lads.

2/ Not being able to park anywhere near the ground anymore-everyone has therir private space now:-$

3/ Relatively more expensive than days of yore..

4/ Having to purchase a ticket beforehand in many cases preventing the spontaneous visit(if you and t' lads suddenly decide to catch a game).

5/ Not having the CHOICE to stand on The Terraces with t' lads

6/ Having to stay in the same spot thru' the game-used to love changing ends with t' lads.

7/ Not having Replays in Cup Finals/Semi-Finals(penalties devalue the victory imho)

8/ Watching many players who you know are purely there for the money and not the shirt.(will theygo back and watch "their" team in 10 years time regularly...I don't think so...

9/ All-Seater Stadia or ASS for short(lovely toilets though)..artificial,dull and (comparitively) lacking in any atmosphere with the SWAYING Kop or The North Bank/Shed/Roker End/Holte End/Kippax Road End etc...

10/ Loss of great Stadiums like Roker Park/Baseball Ground/Burnden Park/Ayresome Park-true Football Stadia..

11/ Have I mentioned being told to sit at a game without an alternative?B)(td)

Still the greatest game in the World bt where's the PASSION??

indiepanda Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My petty annoyance would have to be those

> automated phone lines where none of the menu

> options matcches what you need and then half the

> time you get cut off before you get through to a

> human being. They can reduce me to impotent rage

> within seconds.

Not so petty! Having been used to speaking to PEOPLE on the phone for decades it is frustrating,beyond belief to go thru' the Menu cr+p particularly,as you say,when the option you want is not covered at all and you not only go round in circles you,literally,can not speak to anyone to resolve it with the options available.

The worst? Probably British Telecom,ironically.Truly appalling "organisation"...

Sport

Airport security checks

Ryanair

Booking fees charged by theatre/cinema/event ticket agencies

Mail that you know has been sent that never arrives

Inane announcements on the railway system - particularly the one that tells you that your train is late because of the late arrival of the incoming train

Call centres

Clearing up leaves in the autumn

"Reality" TV

Huguenot Wrote:

People who hark back to the past when things were better and hundreds died at Heysel, Bradford and

Sheffield.

Terrible tragedies(td) easily avoidable today if there is the will(tu) Lord Chief Justice Taylor only "recommended" All-Seater Stadia(ASS):-$ Bradford was a terrible tragedy and that was not about the terraces but the stands.

"When you could piss in the pocket of the guy in front of you "...

Oh! I'm most terribly sorry! I didn't realise I was doing it to a future fellow forumite and I WAS in a fearful rush to go to the non-existent loo!..Expediency..B)

"and punch him in the face if he complained"...

I didn't hear you complain at the time!

No different,sadly,now.Only away from the Stadia and more regulated..Sadly scum will be scum(6)

I'll add another "petty":) those who use "emotional blackmail" with reminders about those tragedies to keep us(der people) entrapped in our **** seats when we want to be free as a bird and spread our wings on the terraces>:D<

"When you could piss in the pocket of the guy in front of you "...

Actually that reminds me of a Millwall Away game at West Bromwich Albion when some of the 3,000 Millwall fans trying to get into the Away End were suddenly "showered" from above! Unfortunately these showers were far from golden as the Heavens were clear that evening. Came from earlier arrivals in the Tier above:X:X

...and we managed to turn a 3/0 First-Leg lead into a 5/4 overall deficit!(td)

Why do people on the tube/train/bus just hang their back packs over one shoulder? They take up twice the space and I am sure they must be damaging the one shoulder which is carrying all the load. This doesn't look cool unless you are a 16 year old school child hanging out with your mates!