Niko the plumber - thumbs down!

Hickory

Just a short note to give a big thumbs up for Niko. We called Niko the morning our only toilet stopped working and within one hour he turned up eager to help us. Not only did he go and pick up the parts needed but he fixed the problem within a few hours for which I was more than happy to pay for - which incidentally I thought his pricing was fair and reasonable. Thanks very much Niko.

Didn't make me feel comfortable either, we called him for a basic job and he charged quite a lot (changed the hose on hand held shower on bath). Plus he rambled on about his private life which I found unprofessional and awkward, whilst hubby went out to get his cash.

My experience of Niko was that he managed to get to the bottom of a really tricky drainage problem that the previous plumber had not been able to work out. It was my rental property so I was really stressed out about it. I felt what he charged was fair, and I am someone on a very average wage. He did dismiss everything I had to say on the matter (I mention that only because another person says that also somewhere above) but as he was right in this case I can't really complain about that! He does like to chat but I don't think it's fair to say that that is because he is going through a tough time, he is just one of those very chatty people. I don't think a few bad reviews matters, it is impossible to be perfect all the time, as a temp worker I know that only too well.

I'm surprised by any bad reviews of Niko- he has just done some more work for us and, as ever, was reliable, charged a reasonable rate and solved our problem quickly and pleasantly. I would recommend him without hesitation!

I'm also going to give a definiate thumbs up to Niko - he has done some work for me this week - and it was excellent. He took the trouble to explain everything carefully - not because he is 'patronising' but because he is very meticulous and doesn't cut corners. He has done 2 jobs - which took much longer than he had anticipated. He probably could have done them more quickly, at teh expense of doing the jobs properly. I paid for both jobs after he finished and made sure I was happy with the work - even though he had already spent ?100 on the materials a week beforehand. I have had lots of building work done over the last year and there are very few workmen I would praise like this. I'm definitely re-using him (in fact, I have one last job which he is doing for me in the next few weeks). If anyone doubts this post, feel free to pm me. Oh, and he had a very good reason for being out of touch recently - and it wasn't work related. ONe final point, all workmen have to have a minimum call out charge - even if the job turns out to be a small one.

I'm also going to give a definiate thumbs up to Niko - he has done some work for me this week - and it was excellent. He took the trouble to explain everything carefully - not because he is 'patronising' but because he is very meticulous and doesn't cut corners. He has done 2 jobs - which took much longer than he had anticipated. He probably could have done them more quickly, at teh expense of doing the jobs properly. I paid for both jobs after he finished and made sure I was happy with the work - even though he had already spent ?100 on the materials a week beforehand. I have had lots of building work done over the last year and there are very few workmen I would praise like this. I'm definitely re-using him (in fact, I have one last job which he is doing for me in the next few weeks). If anyone doubts this post, feel free to pm me. Oh, and he had a very good reason for being out of touch recently - and it wasn't work related. ONe final point, all workmen have to have a minimum call out charge - even if the job turns out to be a small one.

• 2 weeks later...
And a massive thumbs up from us as well. We have a complicated 3 way mixer valve for our shower and bath which has been going wrong for ages. We finally decided to do something about it and contacted Niko due to the very positive feedback on the Forum. We found Niko polite, efficient, helpful and very clear in his advice. The thing, or a part of it, probably needs replacing at some point in the future but the whole family are agreed that the remedial work that Niko has done has been excellent in terms of both the result and value for money.

• 2 weeks later...
would like to add my disappointment to this thread called several times with no response. Once I got through I was told the job was too small to consider (installing a shower?) and quite frankly I was rudely dismissed even though other plumbers had previously quoted but were unavailable to do the job in the time frame I required it to be done. After looking at 'reviews' on the forum I find it highly unlikely half of them are genuine due to the fact their first official post is praising he's works- very suspect! definitely not my future point of call!

Just want to add to the positive comments. Nico responded to our emergency very quickly, sorted the problem and identified others & fixed those. I am very grateful for the speedy professional and amazing rates ! So refreshing to meet a great tradesman and all round great guy.

Thoroughly recommend him for commercial or domestic work. Big thumbs up

melanieF Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

After looking at 'reviews' on the forum I

> find it highly unlikely half of them are genuine

> due to the fact their first official post is

> praising he's works- very suspect! definitely not

> my future point of call!

xxxxxxxx

It's possible that they're not genuine, but I think the reason so many of them are posting for the first time on the forum is that Nico has asked them to recommend him on here.

I have never used any other tradesperson - ever - in East Dulwich who has solicited recommendations in that way.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have never used any other tradesperson - ever -

> in East Dulwich who has solicited recommendations in that way.

I've used several tradespeople who have politely asked that I leave feedback on the forum if I'm satisfied with the work. And I've been happy to do so if I feel that their work was worthy of a recommendation.

If I'm not happy with what they've done, they'll probably know about it already, so wouldn't ask!

However, unfortunately I don't leave negative feedback any more, because I really don't want them calling me up having a go at me, or asking me to delete my post.

I've used Niko a couple of times and found him recommended on the EDF last year. All I can say is he's fixed the problems quickly, was very affable and very reasonable. He also works after hours. Nice, hardworking chap. Couldn't ask for much else! Recommend!

I called Niko having read recommendations on this forum. We just had a very stubborn kitchen drain blockage. He came quickly, worked hard, was informative and charged very reasonably. He came back out without charge when we called him again because water was moving slowly again. All now resolved and I would recommend him.

Another recommendation for Niko - have used him before after reading recommendations on the forum, and was very happy with his work. Used him last week to replace a kitchen tap and was again very pleased with his efficiency, pricing and the end result.

Another recommendation for Niko. We had a leaking pipe which he fixed quickly and left the place pristine. He also fixed some dodgy piping a previous plumber had put together. He's very pleasant and nice to have in the house too. Wish we'd found him sooner!

Another thumbs up. Fixed my leaking toilet and other various jobs that needed doing. I have recommended him to a few people who have all been over the moon with his work. Hew turns up on time, is happy to do evening visits, deals with emergencies and is always polite and helpful and you never feel he?s fobbing you off and a nice bloke to top it all off

I'm surprised by the negative reviews too but I guess everyone has an off patch. I've had Niko round a couple of times. Can't fault him. He's turned up on time, sorted the issue, and we've had a laugh while he's getting on with it.

I really don't recall whether he suggested I might recommend him here or not but I wouldn't have minded had he done seeing as I was pleased with the result and after all it's such a small thing to do to help someone build up their business.

Archived