Well done (for assisting a lady after she had her phone snatched

Usually that mild punishment has the additional text that being upside down the

victim/iphone robber stays conscious longer as blood rushes to the head.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think driving at a perp is not the right thing

> to do. I think this is probably a better option.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

The Daily Mail is in "Have a go hero of the week"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2543189/Brave-hero-chased-burglar-car-mounting-pavement-cut-escape-spotting-raiding-neighbours-home.html

Dopamine1979 Wrote:

> I generally try to steer clear of vaguely serious

> threads but....

>

> A motorist mounted the pavement?!?

>

> Is anyone seriously condoning this?

Here we go again. The EDF liberal elite with their slap on the hand mentality. Why don't we give the poor chap counselling too for all the stress these inconsiderate folk put him through? What a load of tosh. He deserved everything coming to him if he went out of his way to mug someone in broad daylight. No one is seriously suggesting death upon the person, but come on, do you not think he would be laughing at all the comments regarding cars mounting pavements and hang draw and quartering him? He knows he did wrong, we know he did wrong, and more importantly, the innocent woman who has probably be left with mental scars over this incident knows he did wrong. End of.

Louisa.

No one disputes that he's a prick who did wrong.

I wasn't even concerned for him when I commented about cars mounting the pavement, I just think that's a bloody dangerous thing to do (I had an image of a small kid not being seen by a driver).

Is "end of" MORE or LESS proscriptive than liber elite hand slapping? I can't decide

Louisa, love. No one is defending or losing sleep over a thieving scrote

What some of us MIGHT be saying is to descend into the kind of vigilante action and braying, even if only joking, is not a good look for any society. Feel free to point out anywhere you think contradicts this

Otta I agree 100% cars mounting pavements isn't something to condone, but surely the point of this thread is to expose a criminal and congratulate those who helped the victim by trying to catch him? Any other issues are surely common sense and shouldn't be dealt with on here. Think of the poor victim reading this thread, and how they would feel about all of the supposedly humorous posts about possible punishments. She's done nothing wrong and is reading comments which in her eyes sound sympathetic to the perpetrator. I'd be a bit p/$$ed dunno about you?

Louisa.

Otta Wrote:

> No one disputes that he's a prick who did wrong.

>

> I wasn't even concerned for him when I commented

> about cars mounting the pavement, I just think

> that's a bloody dangerous thing to do (I had an

> image of a small kid not being seen by a driver).

If the car mounted the pavement to deter a thief, surely that meant there were no small kids/pedestrians on said pavement?

Would he have really done so otherwise & risked mowing them all down?

Very much doubt it.

Otta Wrote:

> And it's not possible that the driver copuld miss

> something in the heat of the bizarre moment?

Very unlikely.

I'm not the driver in question so it would be interesting to hear his take on events, but can't imagine he would be so intent on catching the perp that he would run down innocent pedestrians in the process.

What advice are people given if someone snatches their handbag? And why? It's not out of sympathy for the criminal

Sure, hold on to the handbag but you risk trouble. Or worse

Going all The Professionals over an iPhone is ott at best and dangerous at worst. If my daughter was injured by some have a go hero who was focused on somebody else, over a phone??!!, then we would see ugliness

Many of us on here have been victims of theft ( me phone, another time me burgled). It's horrible horrible but no one got hurt. Sympathies as always with the victim. But using it as an excuse for nonsense is poor

StraferJack, the young lady who was mugged on Sunday was someone?s daughter and if you were her Dad perhaps you might feel differently about "going all The Professionals" and indeed "then we would see some ugliness". That?s the point; most of us or our family?s have had bad experiences with muggers, thieves, burglars etc. without anything really being done, that?s why you get the reactions that you are so unhappy about. You call it nonsense, I call it taking action and I'm glad that those people did, they should be commended, it's just a shame the **** got away. If you want a good example of nonsense check out the way that the law is applied in the courts dealing with twats like this - maybe then you'd be a little more animated about criminals getting a free pass - regardless of wether it's just "over a phone".

Sophron Wrote:

> And the bloke what done it deserved a slap so the

> next daughter what gets mugged for her phone by

> the same geezer might not have to coz he would

> have been taught a lesson.. thats what..innit..ffs

BBW doing sub lock-stock working class parody? you used to be better than tha'.

The fact he gave the phone back before running off again seems to me he knew he did wrong and had a conscience .... He could have carried on running with it as he did escape despite delaying time by returning the phone so sounds like he would have been long gone with her phone despite everyone's actions .

My personal opinion is that its a phone and doesn't worth putting lives at risk though I totally condemn his actions .

I know El Pibe. No excuses, perhaps it's all this talk of justified retribution. I'd much prefer the old bill to deal with it..whoops there I go again, sorry! Let's get back to consequences and responsibility for our fellow citizens etc.