No water in Underhill Road this morning

I just spoke to thames water and they said that they would be delivering water in the next two hours. They will do this from various sites around se22 and will say where on their website. The woman on the phone said it is a massive leak 😞

Guy on the phone advised water will be probably restored late afternoon/early pm but no promises (however he said 99% sure within 24 hours). They are getting more engineers down - it's by the Grove. Complicated water main, but they are delivering palettes for the area.

We were meant to have an open day at our tennis club (Camber LTC) today with a massive BBQ - what an unfortunate day for this leakage to happen.

Just spoke to TW again.

JCB on its way to start digging hole. Police on site. Road closed. TfL on site. Broken 4" main. They haven't actually started digging yet, apparently. (This info was notified to TW cust services 15 minutes ago.)

The 6-hour legal guarantee for water only kicks in once they reach the main (by digging) and cut the supply, they say. NOT from when your water supply stops.

They say they have ordered a few pallets of water, but there are no locations agreed yet, and it will be first come first served (with a hint from the person that I spoke to that there won't be enough initially and they will order more later).

:-)

I'm sure you'll be fine, tash.

Back in the day, not so long ago (early 80s), I remember visiting the then Lambeth Walk public baths for a fantastic bathing experience. Hot water pressure to die for. I think it cost one-pound-something. You could do your laundry downstairs too.

A van with bottles of water is on LL by the shops opposite the Grove if you need any.

It's not affecting the Lordship Lane Estate which continues to have water supply. Can't say if it's affecting Dukes Court, but everything on the other side of LL down that end is cut off.