Back in ED and the Aircraft Noise is worst than EVER !

I live about 100 yards from that blue line, and until these threads started banging on about aircraft noise I never noticed it, now I do.

Thanks.

As it happens I'm with Jah Lush and not disturbed by it at all, but if I was then I'd know who to thank.

• 3 months later...

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I miss the good old days when concord used to fly

> over, she was noisy but I always rushed out to

> watch her and didn't mind the noise :-)

>

> Fazer, I have to ask, did you fly to your contract

> ?

See my previous posts.

For the Record

The noise we are currently experiencing has only been with us since December 2012.

PRIOR to December 2012.

We had the occasional fly over and Concord ..... We didn't have a jet every 2 mins 40 seconds ...

THAT is why I now have a problem with the noise ..... ie because prior to December 2012 we didn't have it. !

2012 ??Sorry to disagree fazer71 but we have lived in East Dulwich since the mid eighties and had dogs since early ninties which meant a morning, lunchtime and early evening walk on Peckham Rye every day. Planes were coming in to Heathrow on average about one every 1 - 2 minutes. In fact on the evening walks when it was dusk you could see them queueing up from all angles with the landing lights on. A fascinating sight - I once counted 11 waiting to go in to the airport. Noise - modern planes are much quieter than they used to be . Concorde was always noisy but easy to forgive as it was such a beautiful sight. We have never been bothered by the noise. As I have said before - take a day trip to West London and listen to planes taking off over Windsor, Slough etc. People living to the West of the airport have a much worse time of it.

Great filming,well now I know where they are headed constantly over our house we right on route now I know why so many some low enough to see airline name.

Kinda used to them helicopter red hemmes.ambulance and police at 12-2am is worse much lower with big spotlight sometimes.

wolis

I believe the flights were 1 to 2 miles further north still visible from peckham rye as they flew over the Thames but since 2012 they have moved 1-2 miles south.

It only takes a mile or two different to impact a previously unaffected neighbourhood.

Dulwich park is now afflicted where it was previously a quiet sunny day relaxation zone.

johnie Wrote:

> fazer71 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Another Lovely Sunday Ruined !

> >

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxnNQX1vDQU

>

>

> honestly you need to get a directional mike. I

> couldn't hear a thing over those stupid cheeping

> birds and the occasional passing car.

I guess you're closer to peckham than Dulwich park and LL.

fazer71 Wrote:

> TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> -----

> > I miss the good old days when concord used to

> fly

> > over, she was noisy but I always rushed out to

> > watch her and didn't mind the noise :-)

> >

> > Fazer, I have to ask, did you fly to your

> contract

> > ?

>

>

> See my previous posts.

See your previous posts for what ?

wolis Wrote:

> Concorde was always noisy but easy to forgive as

> it was such a beautiful sight.

I so miss Concorde. Such a beautiful plane.

I could forgive all the plane noise if we still had Concorde going over - at around 5pm if memory serves.

But we don't, so I can't :(

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> fazer71 Wrote:

> -----

> > TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > I miss the good old days when concord used to

> > fly

> > > over, she was noisy but I always rushed out

> to

> > > watch her and didn't mind the noise :-)

> > >

> > > Fazer, I have to ask, did you fly to your

> > contract

> > > ?

> >

> >

> > See my previous posts.

> See your previous posts for what ?

An answer..

Your line of questioning is rather odd.

Oh yea I'm part of the problem .

We are all part of the problem the whole of humanity is part of the problem..

Aircraft prior to Dec 2012 did not fly as far south over Dulwich as the have post Dec 2012.

I know as I remember clearly hearing busses hitting a pot hole on Lordship Lane early in the morning back then there was no aircraft noise!

I don't hear the Busses, as the pot hole was fixed road resurfaced .....

I do hear Jet Aircraft roaring overhead from 4.30 am then from 7.30 am one jet after another every few minutes.

I remember relaxing in Dulwich Park reading a book on a sunny summer day and there not being any aircraft or aircraft noise above me, now it's constant aircraft ever couple of minutes.

The air is now constantly filled with the drone of jet aircraft it was never like that NEVER!

IT is a recent problem.

I flew Prior to Dec 2012 back then in ED there was no aircraft noise, other than Concord.

How do you explain that was it because I only flew Concord ??? Your logic would make that the answer. Derrrr..

fazer71 Wrote:

Prior to Dec 2012 back then in ED there was

no aircraft noise, other than Concord.

Mental.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the law of diminishing returns in evidence on your 'aircraft noise' threads though. You've certain beaten any potential interest out of most of our 30,000 readers on this one. Good effort!

The next thread could well just be you talking to yourself. IF YOU CAN HEAR YOURSELF OVER THE PLAAAANE NOOOOOOOISE.

Edited for accuracy .. ;)

*Bob* Wrote:

> Let's not forget Fazer's wise words on the Dulwich

> Estate thread: 'the market will decide'*

>

>

>

> Oh yeah.. *except when it comes to planes

> flying over my house

>

>

>

> So a massive hypocrite - as well as a mentalist.

Charming Personal Attack and Name calling and out of context quote

thank you

I have lived in ED for the last 26 years - in that time I have not noticed any great changes in numbers or frequency of planes, sometimes there are more, sometimes less in the sky.

They do not bother me, nor do they have any particular impact on my life - such as disturbing sleep, interfering with normal conversations etc.

I live under what used to be the Concorde 6.00pm flight path. That didn't worry me either (the noise well compensated for by the beauty)

I am sorry for anyone who (clearly) suffers from some level of hyper-sensitivity to plane noise - but I see no call to change the world on the back of that. I have suggested here before that there are psychological remedies which might allow those suffering to alleviate their distress (which I am not suggesting is not a real distress).

Sometimes it is more effective to change yourself than to change the world (and often easier as well).

I couldn't agree more with what Penguin has said. I've lived here for almost 40 years, and, apart from when Concorde used to fly overhead, could count on one hand the number of times when I've found aircraft noise intrusive. But even the noise from Concorde was hardly a problem, and as others have said, it was easy to forgive. I'm always baffled when I see people complaining about aircraft noise - I think it is fairly minimal compared to areas closer to major airports.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Fazer, do you think the problem is that the volume

> of air traffic has increased and needs to be

> curbed? Or that planes are being

> disproportionately routed over this part of

> London? (without mentioning the obvious third

> option..)

I believe there has been a change in the route aircraft take into Heathrow, and prior to Dec 2012 they flew a couple of miles further north over the Thames where now they fly over ED.

Previously Saturday and Sunday morning lie ins I would wake up hearing birds singing and the occasional car, now every Weekend it's constant aircraft drone from 4.30 am and the bird song is nowhere.

I have lived in the area for over 20 years and it is something which simply wasn't here prior to Dec 2012.

The fact a lot of people don't notice it or have become accustomed to it isn't a surprise, some of us are more sensitive to noise than others.

100% certain it is a new phenomenon, a huge problem for me I am really struggling with the impact, on what was previously a very happy life I had living in ED.

Nothing about me has changed I went out of the uk to work for several months and when I came back something was different I couldn't initially figure out what it was but after a while I realised it was a new noise,, aircraft noise a noise which wasn't there before.

I remember hearing Concord passing over once a day it was loud but that was the only aircraft noise which was noticed ..... now it's like a very slightly quieter Concord every couple of minutes.

The only conclusion I have is that the flight path into Heathrow has changed otherwise I would have noticed all the aircraft as well as Concord back before Dec 2012.